Reid Carrico OSU Comit, 2nd Team All American

Stonewall89
Waterboy

Re: Ironton Reid Carrico getting D1 Looks / Offers

Post by Stonewall89 »

By these posts Reid Carico is one of the most recruited players I have ever seen in my life! Except for Darnell Wright for the mighty Highlanders. They must see a huge upside to this young man! It seems that someone has gotten his name out to all the coaches in the country. He has some speed and is a bright fellow. I hope he dominates in the mighty OVC next year and makes Ironton proud. Great Luck in your junior year!

Onlythefacts
Waterboy

Post by Onlythefacts »

Reid is only 16. His birthday is after school starts at the end of August. So no he is not a hold back. Just saying.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Who cares how old he is? He’s a good player. End of story.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I said he was likely 16, most sophomores are. that's exactly all I was saying. and like woby said. who cares. I saw where Stanford was going to be in ironton, I think yesterday. and reid got another big offer before that, but the names escapes me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

offensively he puts me in the mind of larry csonka from the Miami dolphins. and defensively he reminds me of joey bosa. great write-ups, and fantastic video work.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am offensively he puts me in the mind of larry csonka from the Miami dolphins. and defensively he reminds me of joey bosa. great write-ups, and fantastic video work.
Let's not get too carried away bait. LOL An NFL great and a Great college player? Carrico has the tools you can't coach size and speed, but wherever he signs, he's going to be going against guys just like him. That's when you're going to find out if he's truly got it.

Size and speed will get you in the door, although I think Portsmouth had a kid about 10 years ago, Antonio Malone, I think played some NFL as a DB and he wasn't that big but was very quick.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was not saying he had reached that talent level yet at all. but let's break some things down. reid runs kinda straight up like csonka. bashes into defenders, is very hard for a single tackler to bring down. and covers the ball well. comes out of the middle of a pack feet still pumping and heads back downfield. and defensively he is about the same size as a young bosa,tall and lean with that being a very sure tackler, quick hands and feet. does not spend much time engaging offensive lineman because he has great hand and footwork. he fires out and gets off his man.you don't have to waller around with a lineman like we did in the 70's. in fact it's perfectly fine to avoid the contact all together if you can till the tackle, that all takes precious seconds that a back is by you in so he'll make a living avoiding unneeded contact and goes straight to the ball. I realize the young man is 16. but I been watching/playing/coaching football for nearly 59 years. and I know a thing er 3 too. those may not be people he reminds you of. but I think that he looks like a young czonka and bosa combination. he has lots of time to grow into his roll. and has a frame he could easily put 20/30 more pounds of muscle on. he has no idea his full potential yet, especially as he gets stronger, more athletic and learns more tactics. I hain't no dummy, and if a bear is chasing me and several people I just have to be faster than 1 other person to get out.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:22 pm I was not saying he had reached that talent level yet at all. but let's break some things down. reid runs kinda straight up like csonka. bashes into defenders, is very hard for a single tackler to bring down. and covers the ball well. comes out of the middle of a pack feet still pumping and heads back downfield. and defensively he is about the same size as a young bosa,tall and lean with that being a very sure tackler, quick hands and feet. does not spend much time engaging offensive lineman because he has great hand and footwork. he fires out and gets off his man.you don't have to waller around with a lineman like we did in the 70's. in fact it's perfectly fine to avoid the contact all together if you can till the tackle, that all takes precious seconds that a back is by you in so he'll make a living avoiding unneeded contact and goes straight to the ball. I realize the young man is 16. but I been watching/playing/coaching football for nearly 59 years. and I know a thing er 3 too. those may not be people he reminds you of. but I think that he looks like a young czonka and bosa combination. he has lots of time to grow into his roll. and has a frame he could easily put 20/30 more pounds of muscle on. he has no idea his full potential yet, especially as he gets stronger, more athletic and learns more tactics. I hain't no dummy, and if a bear is chasing me and several people I just have to be faster than 1 other person to get out.
Love your enthusiasm bait but Bosa was a five star and considered by most the number 1 SDE of the nation when he was recruited. He was also an inch taller and about 40 lbs heavier. I seriously doubt Carrico plays on the defensive line. I think Reid will do well wherever he lands.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the feller still has 2 years to grow to pack muscle on. and then he'll hit college. I didn't say reid would play defensive end, though he may. remember this lad has 2 more years to grow before he graduates high school. again, I'm not trying to say he is near this polished yet. but those are a combination of the 2 people I say his young play reminds me of. you'll have to remember woby you heared it here 1st. just jokin man. I still say they have similar styles as these 2 early in their careers. and I'm long enough to remember czonka in his prime too. though where he went to college escapes me. I have seen every super bowl as well.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 am the feller still has 2 years to grow to pack muscle on. and then he'll hit college. I didn't say reid would play defensive end, though he may. remember this lad has 2 more years to grow before he graduates high school. again, I'm not trying to say he is near this polished yet. but those are a combination of the 2 people I say his young play reminds me of. you'll have to remember woby you heared it here 1st. just jokin man. I still say they have similar styles as these 2 early in their careers. and I'm long enough to remember czonka in his prime too. though where he went to college escapes me. I have seen every super bowl as well.
Syracuse

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Carrico is a much better athlete than Csonka was.He was a bruiser who couldn’t run a lick.Of course that was 45 years ago.I will agree with you about Bosa.Reid might be around 240 by the the time he graduates.If he grows a couple more inches he’ll probably be a defensive end.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Gone Country wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 am the feller still has 2 years to grow to pack muscle on. and then he'll hit college. I didn't say reid would play defensive end, though he may. remember this lad has 2 more years to grow before he graduates high school. again, I'm not trying to say he is near this polished yet. but those are a combination of the 2 people I say his young play reminds me of. you'll have to remember woby you heared it here 1st. just jokin man. I still say they have similar styles as these 2 early in their careers. and I'm long enough to remember czonka in his prime too. though where he went to college escapes me. I have seen every super bowl as well.
Syracuse
you are right man, I could not think where he went.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Will all of these offers change how the coaching staff uses him? Tough spot for SEO staff I would think because no one has seen a list of offers come through this early that I know of.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have never seen a local person with so many offers, ever . I'm talking local to us in these parts. ironton, Ashland, and surrounding area's. I wish him nothing but good luck. as well as all the athletes on all the teams.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what an excellent article. I'm not exactly sure who the reporter is. but it sounds like a great analysis of a hard worker. hardwired for trying to achieve perfection in his game.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Notre Dame made an Offer today after watching him work out.

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting/of ... d8952.html

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw that on his facebook page. the cool thing is when the Athlon and lindy's college books come out, his name is going to be in there in the future signing classes. they have a section devoted to the highest rated this year. and then the following couple of years. he should be near the top of that one.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is he being recruited for offense or defense

Return to “Football”