Reid Carrico OSU Comit, 2nd Team All American

14U
S

Re: Ironton Reid Carrico getting D1 Looks / Offers

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:35 pm
14U wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:16 pm The reason more players don’t get offered from southern Ohio is the kid beats the parents home. Can’t handle being away from mommy or girlfriend, homesick, can’t handle conditioning and weights because they didn’t do the hard work where they are from, be the stud on high school team but now every player was the stud!! College is a bigger difference than high school out of 5 star players only 2 will make it. So that tells about the rest
Thats because they are built up as hall of famers in small towns and haven’t had true adversity against players like them. Look at the title of this thread. Carrico is truly a D1 player but he isn’t even in college yet. In these parts we are so excited about a player like him, we kind of give them the royal treatment which may not be the best of preparing them for bigger competition. At least that’s my thoughts.
Woby, yes u make another good point

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

He doesn’t need to be built up for college.He is 6 3” 220 and runs a 4.6 40.Benches 355 with a 4.4 gpa.Every college in the country will want him if he doesn’t, get hurt. The

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Offer from Alabama

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 pm He doesn’t need to be built up for college.He is 6 3” 220 and runs a 4.6 40.Benches 355 with a 4.4 gpa.Every college in the country will want him if he doesn’t, get hurt. The
you're absolutely correct, he knows what he has to do and he's doing it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 pm He doesn’t need to be built up for college.He is 6 3” 220 and runs a 4.6 40.Benches 355 with a 4.4 gpa.Every college in the country will want him if he doesn’t, get hurt. The
exactly , I saw him run the 40 on a facebook page. and he just got offered by Alabama. he stays healthy he's the real deal. excellent grades over perfect by grade point standards. and excellent weightroom numbers, and just going into his junior year. no need for anybody to say he is overhyped or made into a hero. he has done that by earning it. not by people like us making posts.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who wouldn't want to see our teens succeed, I'd be just as happy if he was from wheelersburg or Portsmouth or Ashland ky, or any ovc team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

6-7-19 Offer from Clemson

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think you Completely missed the point of that conversation. The response was why some kids don’t make it through college. It’s because sometimes we make them out to be local legends and things come easy to them here. Case in point, This entire thread has been dedicated to one player. He’s obviously got the tools and build for a D1 school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

honestly I think it shows how much us southern ohio football fans want to see our student athletes succeed. and the page has drawn much interest. I think if any kid from any of our districts was getting this much attention that everybody from any school would still be checking it out. and the guy is just going into his junior year. frankly I'm almost 59 and never have I saw an athlete with this much attention, ever. at this point in his career, anywhere. so it is huge news. and the Clemson, bama, and northwestern offers this past week shows everybody now knows about this young tiger.i realize for some reason when our local kids sign somewhere they seldom graduate. I have no idea why socioeconomics, broken homes, poor families and the like could all be contributing factors.but this kid is earning this attention in the classroom, the weight room, and on the field.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:06 am
I think you Completely missed the point of that conversation. The response was why some kids don’t make it through college. It’s because sometimes we make them out to be local legends and things come easy to them here. Case in point, This entire thread has been dedicated to one player. He’s obviously got the tools and build for a D1 school.
Correct me if I’m wrong, is this the first thread on here dedicated to one player? I don’t think so, I’m just giving updates on what’s going on with him and his recruiting process, nothing more and nothing less. For those interested keep reading and for those that aren’t pass on by the thread. I personally think it’s great to see and read about, but that’s just me. His attitude on and off the field is much to be respected, he’s doing things right and earning everything coming his way.

Go Fighting Tigers......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

not likely.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I feel the same way. great exposure for our players, teams and communities. just think how many coaches and future head coaches this has brought through ironton's hallways.seeing places like tiger alley, a high school with a covered home side, a locker room that once housed the ironton tanks. and this says so much for coach Pendleton as well. and if another local player is turning heads in our area, they'll likely check there as well.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:12 pm
Correct me if I’m wrong, is this the first thread on here dedicated to one player? I don’t think so, I’m just giving updates on what’s going on with him and his recruiting process, nothing more and nothing less. For those interested keep reading and for those that aren’t pass on by the thread. I personally think it’s great to see and read about, but that’s just me. His attitude on and off the field is much to be respected, he’s doing things right and earning everything coming his way.

Go Fighting Tigers......
You were doing fine updating his status in the current D1 thread but you created this thread specifically for him which validates the point that we do hype them up and in my opinion could make it harder for them to go on. I remember the kid from east about three years ago. Absolute stud, went to Ohio state and he had trouble.

No one is saying he’s not earning or worthy of his offers, but someone made a comment about players continuing to do well in college, in which I gave my opinion as to why.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

🇺🇸
Last edited by CheeseBurger on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm I feel the same way. great exposure for our players, teams and communities. just think how many coaches and future head coaches this has brought through ironton's hallways.seeing places like tiger alley, a high school with a covered home side, a locker room that once housed the ironton tanks. and this says so much for coach Pendleton as well. and if another local player is turning heads in our area, they'll likely check there as well.
45 min up State Route 93 is their next stop. Give it a year or so some are stopping now I hear. 93 will have OVC FAC and TVC champs.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Go Fighting Tigers......
You were doing fine updating his status in the current D1 thread but you created this thread specifically for him which validates the point that we do hype them up and in my opinion could make it harder for them to go on. I remember the kid from east about three years ago. Absolute stud, went to Ohio state and he had trouble.

No one is saying he’s not earning or worthy of his offers, but someone made a comment about players continuing to do well in college, in which I gave my opinion as to why.
I started this thread because you and others were complaining about the updates in that thread lol.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Go Fighting Tigers......

I started this thread because you and others were complaining about the updates in that thread lol.
I wasn’t complaining. I just thought it was silly listing every team that made an offer. I can see you’re close to the kid so I won’t jam up the thread anymore. From what I’ve heard he’s a great kid and hard worker. He’s definitely a D1 prospect.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

ItS not hype,it’s for real.If this kid wasn’t a football player he would still graduate from college no problem.Most of these 4and 5 stars are not college material .They are hoping they make the pros.Not this cat.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:52 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:02 pm

I wasn’t complaining. I just thought it was silly listing every team that made an offer. I can see you’re close to the kid so I won’t jam up the thread anymore. From what I’ve heard he’s a great kid and hard worker. He’s definitely a D1 prospect.
Actually, I’ve never met him in person, just a big Fighting Tiger fan.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I know a 6’3 220 lb 4.6 guy when I see one.Sorry us tiger fans are excited.You will know why in the next couple of years.

Return to “Football”