New law passes making 17 age of consent to play football

Gold Blood
Waterboy

New law passes making 17 age of consent to play football

Post by Gold Blood »

All players 16 and younger must now obtain written permission from a parent/guardian to play football in the state of Ohio. Per the Columbus dispatch

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Re: New law passes making 17 age of consent to play football

Post by Rvfan »

We basically do this already when we sign the concussion paper, Lindsey's law paper, the liability waiver, physical forms, and all the other paperwork that gets signed before our kids play any sport, not just football.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It doesn't really change anything. Players can't play unless their parents sign the liability waiver, Lyndsey law, and so forth.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Heard about this so now by Ohio law, not just OHSAA rules, a parent must legally sign permission for their child to play football or they could be prosecuted for not doing so. Love it!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Things have really changed I remember I didn’t tell my parents that I was playing football in the 8th grade they didn’t find out until the season was almost over I either walked home after practice or got a ride from my friends parents no way they would have let me play if I asked

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

on the black wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:21 pm Heard about this so now by Ohio law, not just OHSAA rules, a parent must legally sign permission for their child to play football or they could be prosecuted for not doing so. Love it!
It's a dog and pony show.
A kid can't play unless their parent signs a liability waiver and complies with Lyndsey law to begin with.
So passing a law is just trying to gain political points with someone.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
swaggy7
Waterboy

Post by swaggy7 »

What thats so dumb why would they do this it just ruins any kids dream of making it too the nfl. playing football was the only thing that got me off the streets until unfortunately i tore my quad and was never the same since. I was told by the whole patriots coaching staff that I was going to be something. Belichick actually called me into his office crying talking about how I was going to be the best center in the league. And leaving the patriots facility that day the next two years i spent in the bottle then I got a job at autozone and I never looked back it was the best thing in my life since football now I make good money and love my wife and 6 kids. SO IF THE KID WANTS TO PLAY LET HIM PLAY! #footballiseverything

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

I was reading through this article online and it makes no sense to me... so apparently if you don’t sign off you can get prosecuted for not letting them play. So confusing.

Return to “Football”