Best fit for the TVC- Fort Frye or Oak Hill

Dundas
SEOPS

Best fit for the TVC- Fort Frye or Oak Hill

Post by Dundas »

Rumors around the TVC expanding are taking off again. FF is the most recent school to be on the “next to join” list. Warren is still in the mix, I suppose, but they have been voted on, and denied, multiple times over the last 20
years. Just looking at the “two” sexy choices, OH and FF. Here are the google maps breakdown of travel with both schools in the current TVC Ohio.

FF-Wellston 1hr 30m
FF-VC 1hr 21m
FF-RV 1hr 20m
FF-Alex 1hr 2m
FF-NY 1hr 1m
FF-Athens 54m

Total: 1hr 9m travel time per conference game.
6 out of 7 conference games are over 1 hour.

OH-NY 1hr 6m
OH-Athens 1hr
OH-Meigs 50m
OH-Alex 45m
OH-VC 41m
OH-Wellston 31m
OH-RV 24m

Total: 45m travel time per conference game. Only 1 conference game over 1 hour.

Oak Hill also wins in the facility category as their school is fairly new and their facilities are top notch. New baseball/softball fields. New football/track stadium with field turf.

I think IF the TVC is looking for one more school to even out the Ohio, OH is a no brainer in terms of who to ask first.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Best fit for the TVC- Fort Frye or Oak Hill

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

why would oak hill want to leave a very competitive soc that is right in their own backyard.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:27 am why would oak hill want to leave a very competitive soc that is right in their own backyard.
Cause they have to move up to the big boy division next year. :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

Keep in mind Oak Hill wanted to move up to the SOC-2. The TVC is a good league but the SOC-2 is a good league as well. Oak Hill has close ties with the schools. They are similar size to most. Many reasons for OH to stay just where they are. And the biggest "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Have heard a lot of rumblings last few weeks about Oak Hill being unhappy with move up to SOC II in football, so maybe there some truth here. But TVC not exactly pushovers in football either. My guess is they'll let TVC wine-and-dine 'em before staying put in SOC.*

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Warren

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mattash wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 amWarren
Warren can get in but they want in with Marietta.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Jeep-ster wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:31 am Keep in mind Oak Hill wanted to move up to the SOC-2. The TVC is a good league but the SOC-2 is a good league as well. Oak Hill has close ties with the schools. They are similar size to most. Many reasons for OH to stay just where they are. And the biggest "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
They want no part of being in the SOC-2 in football.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:54 pm
Jeep-ster wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:31 am Keep in mind Oak Hill wanted to move up to the SOC-2. The TVC is a good league but the SOC-2 is a good league as well. Oak Hill has close ties with the schools. They are similar size to most. Many reasons for OH to stay just where they are. And the biggest "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
They want no part of being in the SOC-2 in football.
Again, OH lost to the last place SOC-II team last year, 39-0. The Oaks would’ve been a 2nd to 4th place team in the TVC-Ohio last season. They also are nearly the same size as Wellston. Meanwhile, Fort Frye is more similar in size to Fed Hock and Belpre.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Oak Hill is in a stable conference and has never made any comments about wanting to find a new conference.

Fort Frye is in the PVC which is on its last legs and will need to find a new conference.

If Oak Hill were asked to apply, they may have no interest.

If Fort Frye were asked to apply, they would do so in a heartbeat.

I'm not familiar with how nice the athletic facilities are at Fort Frye..........football stadium, basketball, etc. Maybe someone could enlighten us? I know Oak Hill has nice facilities.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:54 pm Oak Hill is in a stable conference and has never made any comments about wanting to find a new conference.

Fort Frye is in the PVC which is on its last legs and will need to find a new conference.

I'm not familiar with how nice the athletic facilities are at Fort Frye..........football stadium, basketball, etc. Maybe someone could enlighten us? I know Oak Hill has nice facilities.
Fort Frye facilities are on par with the rest of the Hocking. I just don’t like the travel aspect of this. Almost every Ohio school will be traveling over an hour. Oak Hill is more of a logistical choice. They need to be asked before Fort is extended an offer.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Oak Hill drive 35 minutes get smoked or drive an hour or so and b competive and win sum ball games. Sounds like a no brainer. TVC

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:05 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:54 pm Oak Hill is in a stable conference and has never made any comments about wanting to find a new conference.

Fort Frye facilities are on par with the rest of the Hocking. I just don’t like the travel aspect of this. Almost every Ohio school will be traveling over an hour. Oak Hill is more of a logistical choice. They need to be asked before Fort is extended an offer.
I do have my doubts that fort Frye would want to play Athens year in and year out.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:20 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:05 pm

I do have my doubts that fort Frye would want to play Athens year in and year out.
Don’t get me wrong though, if the TVCs only option of getting an even number in the Ohio Division is to add Fort, then I’m all for it. I just can’t find any reason that would make Fort a better option than Oak Hill. I’d prefer the Oaks. But again, I’d rather play Fort Frye in week 7 as opposed to traveling to Shadyside or Columbus/Cincinnati.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Oak Hill is a better fit. But we can talk about that all we want and it sounds like they have. I interest. Fort Frye needs a league. They may be demigraphically similar to the Hocking but they play like an Ohio division school. I really think they are a better choice.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:37 am Rumors around the TVC expanding are taking off again. FF is the most recent school to be on the “next to join” list. Warren is still in the mix, I suppose, but they have been voted on, and denied, multiple times over the last 20
years. Just looking at the “two” sexy choices, OH and FF. Here are the google maps breakdown of travel with both schools in the current TVC Ohio.

FF-Wellston 1hr 30m
FF-VC 1hr 21m
FF-RV 1hr 20m
FF-Alex 1hr 2m
FF-NY 1hr 1m
FF-Athens 54m

Total: 1hr 9m travel time per conference game.
6 out of 7 conference games are over 1 hour.

OH-NY 1hr 6m
OH-Athens 1hr
OH-Meigs 50m
OH-Alex 45m
OH-VC 41m
OH-Wellston 31m
OH-RV 24m

Total: 45m travel time per conference game. Only 1 conference game over 1 hour.

Oak Hill also wins in the facility category as their school is fairly new and their facilities are top notch. New baseball/softball fields. New football/track stadium with field turf.

I think IF the TVC is looking for one more school to even out the Ohio, OH is a no brainer in terms of who to ask first.
Fort Frye has an amazing baseball field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:27 am why would oak hill want to leave a very competitive soc that is right in their own backyard.
I'm not saying anything competition wise comparing the tvc or the soc. it's just the soc is so much closer. and I thought oak hill wanted the move up. I don't know why northwest isn't back in the bigger part. they are a division bigger than the others I believe.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:39 am Have heard a lot of rumblings last few weeks about Oak Hill being unhappy with move up to SOC II in football, so maybe there some truth here. But TVC not exactly pushovers in football either. My guess is they'll let TVC wine-and-dine 'em before staying put in SOC.*
yea art. I wasn't saying that at all. about the tvc being inferior in any way. just that they are already established in the soc.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it sounds to me like oak hill is making a statement wanting to move to the bigger section of the soc and trying to build something more competitive. at least that's the way I took it, if in fact this is what they wanted.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Neither FF nor OH.

Warren is without a league and despite that still clearly makes the most sense here.

Return to “Football”