Wahama leaving TVC?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Wahama leaving TVC?

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:58 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:13 am Every year?
Except for the one we just completed. :roll:
VC was way down and that game was still close. Warren pulled away at the end. You forget VC has two regional appearances recently? :lol:

Be the best league in the area. Could you imagine having Warren, Athens, VC, Meigs, and Alexander playing each other?
Jackson’s basketball is getting better and closer than. Warren 😝

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

I am glad to see them snake eaters leave

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Anybody else curious as to why this has NOT been reported, to the best of my knowledge, in ANY Ohio Valley Publishing publications?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Keyser_sozeThrice wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:08 am Anybody else curious as to why this has NOT been reported, to the best of my knowledge, in ANY Ohio Valley Publishing publications?
I would assume that maybe things haven’t been finalized yet.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Things may not be finalized for this yet, but OVP should say SOMETHING about it already, and THEN go into full detail once those details are finalized.

To say NOTHING is not a good look when it comes to reporting a MAJOR story like this involving a school in your immediate coverage area.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Keyser_sozeThrice wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 pm Things may not be finalized for this yet, but OVP should say SOMETHING about it already, and THEN go into full detail once those details are finalized.

To say NOTHING is not a good look when it comes to reporting a MAJOR story like this involving a school in your immediate coverage area.
The TVC doesn't put out press releases and they rarely get coverage of league meetings unless the media knows something is happening in advance. You can't rail on a paper or multiple papers for not breaking a story that in reality isn't that huge, when they don't know anything in advance.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

To a local sports page, like the Messenger, one of its teams leaving its league is in fact pretty big news.

Just my 2 cents

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Wahama was always the red headed step child in the TVC anyways, so maybe none of the southeastern Ohio newspapers think of it as a major news story. But I'm willing to bet that none of them know about it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:09 am To a local sports page, like the Messenger, one of its teams leaving its league is in fact pretty big news.

Just my 2 cents
Cause our 2 sports guys don't have enough to worry about :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:15 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:09 am To a local sports page, like the Messenger, one of its teams leaving its league is in fact pretty big news.

Just my 2 cents
Cause our 2 sports guys don't have enough to worry about :lol:
You misread
I was making an example dude
If Fed, Alex, NY, Athens or Trimble were leaving the TVC, you can bet your ass Kevin and Jason would be all over the story.
Wahama is not one of our teams (Athens County)
The Gallipolis/Pomeroy paper covers Wahama.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

The Point Pleasant Register is actually the primary paper for Wahama….but it's the same OVP network.

I agree with 93Bulldog...a school switching leagues is BIG news needed reported on. Something is better than nothing, and "silence is golden" - or at least that's what a certain individual once told me. :roll: :o :? :twisted: ;) :idea:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Keyser_sozeThrice wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:12 pm The Point Pleasant Register is actually the primary paper for Wahama….but it's the same OVP network.
I wasn't exactly sure - and don't even really care - who covers them. I wasn't taking a shot at them or anyone else. I was just saying I think our guys here in Athens would be all over such a story or topic. In fact, they were when Athens left the SEOAL. I definitely apologize to this OVP company or paper or whatever it is - my intention was not to offend them.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:13 pm I am glad to see them snake eaters leave
Wahama was in the LKC some 45 years ago but even then schedules differed in each sport and they were hit and miss. It seems like it is better aligned nowadays and enough consolidation has been done over the years in WV that it should work better now. When I played back in those days we usually played Pkg. Catholic, Wirt County , Spencer (now Roane county), Williamstown, Duval (now Lincoln county), Ravenswood, Federal Hocking, Southern, Kyger Creek (part of River Valley now) and Buffalo was and is to this day the last game of the regular season. There were a couple years we played Calhoun county and Winfield back then but it didn't differ much. Since Wahama graduated 126 kids when I was in school and they graduate around 40 a year now, it's probably a good move for them along with far better highways and exits now. I know a lot of people in the TVC didn't want Wahama in the league anyway but we've done pretty well especially on the baseball and football side of the conference the last 10 years or so with a WV state football and 2 state baseball championships so I guess we'll have to let that be our legacy and go back across the river with our tails between our legs like a whipped pup I guess. We weren't worthy. :roll:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Keyser_sozeThrice wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:12 pm The Point Pleasant Register is actually the primary paper for Wahama….but it's the same OVP network.

I agree with 93Bulldog...a school switching leagues is BIG news needed reported on. Something is better than nothing, and "silence is golden" - or at least that's what a certain individual once told me. :roll: :o :? :twisted: ;) :idea:
Point Pleasant register, Gallipolis Tribune and Pomeroy daily sentinel are all Ohio Valley publishing and have same writeup, especially on the weekend sports. I don't think they can get enough sportswriters to cover the tri-county area (Meigs, Gallia, Mason) anymore as they are always asking for help the last few years. Even though Point Pleasant is the Mason County seat, it's 15 miles from Mason and from Wahama high school it's only a mile to the Pomeroy sentinel office.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Keyser_sozeThrice
S

93bulldog didn't offend ANYBODY with his posts. Wasn't even close to offending anybody.

If anybody thinks he did, then he or she has some VERY thin skin and probably not the best fit for being in the journalism industry. My 2 cents.

Pointing Falcon
JV Team

Post by Pointing Falcon »

https://www.mydailyregister.com/sports/ ... kc?sfns=mo

Don’t believe the article had been posted yet.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So now that the Hocking is down to 8 teams and the bye week dilemma has been fixed ...

What can - or what does - the Ohio do?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:25 am So now that the Hocking is down to 8 teams and the bye week dilemma has been fixed ...

Nothing

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hsfbfan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:06 am
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:25 am So now that the Hocking is down to 8 teams and the bye week dilemma has been fixed ...

Nothing
With no Hocking teams to play non conference games against weeks 4 thru 10 … Gonna be tough finding non conference games for some Ohio teams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The TVC Ohio can always schedule "league-less" Logan !!! ... on a serious note - when I first read about Wahama leaving (this past week) - in the release it said that the whole thing was kept "close to the vest" by all of those involved ... sounded like to me that those involved Wahama and the LKC didn't want it put out there until it was "in the books" ...

Return to “Football”