Minford Football 2019

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Re: Minford Football 2019

Post by FalconFever02 »

FalconFever02 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:50 am Who is calling plays this season and will they be on the field or press box?

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

FalconFever02 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:06 pm
FalconFever02 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:50 am Who is calling plays this season and will they be on the field or press box?

Top Secret ? :lol:

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Tonight should be a good scrimmage with fairland. Very athletic team in the Dragons. After watching them at previews.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Not impressed. Defense looked good, offense struggled.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

falcon1 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:39 am Not impressed. Defense looked good, offense struggled.
Shocker

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:34 pm
falcon1 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:39 am Not impressed. Defense looked good, offense struggled.
Shocker
What was it a bunch of Read Option?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

UKNate wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:30 pm
Shocker
303?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

UKNate wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:30 pm
Shocker
Yeah. Looked like they didn’t run very many different plays. And didn’t let the QB pull it to run but the offensive line needs some tweaking even tho fairland was bringing 7 a majority of the time.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Well, finished 7-3 regular season. Made the playoffs for the first time in several years.

What say the Falcon faithful about 2019 and looking forward to 2020?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Minford returns skill players only, lose the whole line and tightend. Lewis, Skaggs, Risner return? Anybody else?

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

If they can get 6-8 linemen to live in the weight room starting in January then next year can be a darn good year.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

TheNest wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:34 pm If they can get 6-8 linemen to live in the weight room starting in January then next year can be a darn good year.
I agree and that's the key to having a successful 2020. Risner, Skaggs and EVL should be on these guys everyday to get bigger faster and stronger b/c they very well could have a great 2020.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

What's the Minford schedule look like for 2020??

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Per arbiterlive.com and assuming SOCII same order trading home and away:

A Fairland
A Rock Hill
H Chesapeake
A Wilmington
H East Clinton
A Wheelersburg
H Portsmouth West
A Oak HIll
H Waverly
A Valley

That may be wrong as that's only four home games, but they've done that before and had six at home the next year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TheNest wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 pm Per arbiterlive.com and assuming SOCII same order trading home and away:

A Fairland
A Rock Hill
H Chesapeake
A Wilmington
H East Clinton
A Wheelersburg
H Portsmouth West
A Oak HIll
H Waverly
A Valley

That may be wrong as that's only four home games, but they've done that before and had six at home the next year.
Man with everyone being down on the OVC this year, hopefully it'll be improved next year because loading up with 3 of your 5 non-conference opponents being OVC and none of them named, Gallia, Ironton or Portsmouth I don't think it's going to get you ready. Look for the SOC to be up once again next year.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I have no idea why they’d schedule 3-teams from the same conference. Seams cannibalistic to me b/c these teams will be beating each other so it’ll limit their points and experience. Although, I think Fairland is the Jamboree game. Let’s hope so bc that schedule makes absolutely no sense.

Why not get a Chillicothe, Athens, Hillsboro, Jackson or even a TVC or an SVC team on there instead?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:51 pm I have no idea why they’d schedule 3-teams from the same conference. Seams cannibalistic to me b/c these teams will be beating each other so it’ll limit their points and experience. Although, I think Fairland is the Jamboree game. Let’s hope so bc that schedule makes absolutely no sense.

Why not get a Chillicothe, Athens, Hillsboro, Jackson or even a TVC or an SVC team on there instead?
Exactly, if anything pickup the Trojans from that conference as they'll like hang with any of them except ironton and they have a fighting chance vs gallia, nice way to pickup some points if you can pull off the victory vs Portsmouth. Minford will never go out and get any of those teams you mentioned, I can see them grab a TVC or SVC opponent though. Probably lean more towards the SVC side of it Piketon is working their way back up the rankings I believe and I'm not sure if they've ever played Minford or not. Adena, Unioto, and PV are probably your most consistent in terms of winning year in and year out at least on their down years they're pulling in 5 wins typically. Southeastern I'd stay away from with Ruby graduating and seeing some of the junior high they could be falling on hard times soon, unless they're really able to keep improving as they get older.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Get in the weight room hard or it will be back to .500 football. If the skill guys put in work in off-season as well along with the lineman at their crafts, Minford should return to the playoffs. Special Teams needs to be a point of emphasis as well, and I don't see any harm in putting in an I-Formation or under center set, you don't have to be married to the shotgun.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

They'll have Simpson back on the line and, I could see them moving Walker down to play OG from his FB position that he played this year. Skill guys will be Walk, EVL, Skaggs, and Risner. Falcons will have to find a RB. This Jr. Class went undefeated all through Jr. High, so I wonder who they had on the line then, and if they're still playing?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:51 pm I have no idea why they’d schedule 3-teams from the same conference. Seems cannibalistic to me b/c these teams will be beating each other so it’ll limit their points and experience. Although, I think Fairland is the Jamboree game. Let’s hope so bc that schedule makes absolutely no sense.

Exactly, if anything pickup the Trojans from that conference as they'll like hang with any of them except ironton and they have a fighting chance vs gallia, nice way to pickup some points if you can pull off the victory vs Portsmouth. Minford will never go out and get any of those teams you mentioned, I can see them grab a TVC or SVC opponent though. Probably lean more towards the SVC side of it Piketon is working their way back up the rankings I believe and I'm not sure if they've ever played Minford or not. Adena, Unioto, and PV are probably your most consistent in terms of winning year in and year out at least on their down years they're pulling in 5 wins typically. Southeastern I'd stay away from with Ruby graduating and seeing some of the junior high they could be falling on hard times soon, unless they're really able to keep improving as they get older.
I think Greenup Co., is going to have to make the trip to Minford in 2020.

Lucasville Valley has Circleville on their schedule for crying out loud, and if Minford won't entertain scheduling a D3 school like Jackson, Hillsboro, Chilli, or Athens then it's going to be the same old story come league play as it's been in the past. All 3-of those schools had down years this year.

Minford and Piketon did have a long standing series back in the 80s and 90s and revisited it back in 2006-2013.

Return to “Football”