Re: Travis Bethel : Vinton County’s 20th Head Football Coach

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm Looks like a 5-5 to me
5-5 would be an improvement!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

hsfbfan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:15 am He was the Defensive Coordinator at Wellston under Coach Hutch when he was head coach there.
And not to forgot he was the D Cord there when Wellston beat Jackson. Yes wellston had good athletes that year two being a prater and Osborne kid. But I believe they were able to do to Jackson what they did that year because of how well coach bethel prepared the entire team with his game plan to beat Jackson. Guy knows what he is doing.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Sports on ,Jackson didn't lose again until the second round of playoff I believe. This will be good for Vinton County,

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

The expectations of the public in VC vary from year to year. it is not what people think that the county thinks it should always be a power house. 2 years ago with Yates and Nichols as seniors expectations were high. 6-4 would have been the worst anyone expected, but 5-5 and tied for 3rd in the TVC with the TVC player of the year was almost heartbreaking. The Team imploded and several talented kids left leaving expectations for last year at a low 2-8 by most people. 4-6 seems like a win win all around when you lost what you did. This year id love to know what true expectations are from the community. Sibner gone and no true offense weapons returning. a young QB and a new coach. Not to mention the insane tough schedule early facing Carroll week one, Ruby Week two and Clealand week 4. you will know real quick if VC is legit. Athens may be your easiest game on the schedule in the first half of the season.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

From what I am hearing about workouts I don’t see this team being less than 8-3

That’s right I see an 11th game

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ground Buck wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:21 am From what I am hearing about workouts I don’t see this team being less than 8-3

That’s right I see an 11th game
That would be fine by me!!

Honestly though, the schedule will be brutal BUT with the new staff and multiple “new” players out this year, it could be interesting. There are quite a few kids who didn’t play last season that are coming back. I think that this years team has the potential to be better than last years.

3 of the 4 non conference opponents were playoff teams from a year ago, add in Athens, FFU, Meigs and NY (who return nearly everyone) and that’s a tough road.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Dundas wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:08 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm Looks like a 5-5 to me
5-5 would be an improvement!
I agree.

Return to “Football”