Waterboy

Fourth Annual Ohio Valley Football Coaches Clinic

Post by Secretstud96 »

http://www.theintelligencer.net/sports/ ... ll-clinic/

Address: 100 Red Rider Road, Weirton, WV 26062
Date: Friday, 3-15-19
Time: 5:30 pm
Free Admission & Free Social to follow

WEIRTON — The speakers are in place for the fourth annual Ohio Valley Football Clinic.

The clinic is the brainchild of Bryan Nardo. The Shadyside native is the current defensive coordinator at NCAA D-II power Emporia State University.

He will stage the fourth edition of the popular grid think tank on Friday, March 15 at Weir High School.

“I am really excited about this year’s clinic and returning to Weirton. Coach (Tony) Filberto and his football staff are great to work with and Undo’s does a fabulous job of catering the event,” Nardo said. “I love setting the clinic up. This means a lot to me. I hope the attendance continues to rise.

“I believe the date in mid-March should work quite well and not infringe on other sports programs at that time.”

This year’s speaking lineup is an impressive one.

The presenters are:

Trevor Ging: Strength & Conditioning coach -MAAS Training

Ging is currently working as a strength and conditioning coach with MAAS Training. He has also spent time as a strength & conditioning coach in the Miami Marlins organization from 2012-17, during which he was named the 2014 South Atlantic League Strength Coach of the Year.

Before that, he spent time at the college level working with West Liberty University, Kent State University, Ohio University, Capital University and West Virginia University. A native of Shadyside, he finished up an impressive athletic career for the Tigers in 2004.

Quincy Wilson: Running Backs Coach/Director of Football Operations - West Virginia State University

A former Weir and WVU standout, Wilson is a name very well known in the Ohio Valley. After a successful playing career at WVU, he was drafted in 2004 by the Atlanta Falcons and also spent time with the Cincinnati Bengals. During his time in the OVAC, Wilson was the first player in West Virginia history to rush for more than 3,000 yards in a single season.

He also finished his career at WVU with more than 2,600 yards rushing and 20 TDs.

Before coaching at West Virginia State, he spent time with WVU as the Assistant Director of Football Operations.

Dave Durish: Offensive Line Coach , California University of Pennsylvania (Cal, Pa.)

A veteran offensive-minded coach with more than 25 years of college experience, Durish is entering his third season as the offensive line coach at Cal Pa.

During his first year with the program, he mentored an offensive line that produced four All-PSAC West Offensive Linemen. That same 2016 Vulcan offense averaged 49.6 Points per game. Coach Durish has also spent time at Clarion, Ohio Wesleyan, Millikin, Georgia Southern and Illinois.

Jeff Monteroso: DefensiveCoordinator- West Liberty University

Another veteran in the coaching profession, Monteroso is bringing more than 30 years of experience to the Ohio Valley Coaching Clinic. He has been the defensive coordinator at West Liberty University for the last 15 years where he has helped turn that program into a consistent contender. A well-traveled 1985 graduate of Occidental (Calif.) College, Monteroso had coaching stints at Sul Ross State (Texas), San Mateo (Calif.) State, East Tennessee State University, Marietta and Arizona Western before setting down roots on the hilltop. He earned his master’s degree from East Tennessee State in 1991.

Bryan Nardo, DefensiveCoordinator/Linebackers - Emporia State University

He is entering his eighth year leading the Hornet defense and coaching linebackers. Coming off back-to-back 11 win seasons, the Hornets finished the 2018 season 8-4 after winning the Corsicana Bowl to secure their fourth straight winning season for the first time since joining NCAA Division II. Emporia State is the only Division II school in the country to force 25-plus takeaways every year from 2012-2016 and has been ranked as high as No. 4 in the country. Emporia State has been in the postseason five times over the last seven years, with two bowl wins and three trips to the NCAA Division II playoffs. Nardo has mentored 20 all-conference linebackers in his eight years as a position coach, five of them being named first team, with eight having 100-plus tackles and one leading the nation in interceptions by a linebacker.

Nardo is only 33 but has a coaching resume stuffed with success.

The latest honor came recently when he was chosen as one of the premier 35-and-under football coaches by the American Football Coaches Association. He was just one of 35 coaches tabbed out of a pool of several hundred.

While playing an integral part in Emporia State’s rise in becoming one of the premier Division II programs in the nation, Nardo is also a highly regarded clinician, an ability he brings back to the Ohio Valley.

Nardo is coming off a most impressive clinic presentation. The former St. John Central three-sport standout was a featured speaker at the American Football Coaches Association convention in San Antonio which attracts some 10,000 football coaches.

“The AFCA reached out to me and invited me to speak. I was a little nervous at the start as there were some 400 coaches in the room,” Nardo said. “I spoke on my defensive philosophy as a coordinator. I thought it went really well. It was a great honor and a lot of fun. Ten years ago I was at the AFCA convention in Nashville as a graduate assistant. It will be in Nashville again next year.”

Prior to his successful Emporia stint, Nardo spent a season at Missouri S&T.

He was named the Great Lakes Football Conference Assistant Coach of the Year after helping the Miners improve from a 3-8 record in 2010 to 6-5 in 2011.

Nardo served as a graduate assistant at Ohio University from 2008-10. While at Ohio, he coached the nickel backs and outside linebackers.

Nardo also served as a student coach at Ohio from 2004-08, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in sports management in 2008.

“It’s an exciting lineup this year with three new coaches coming to donate their time and be a part of the clinic. Coach Monteroso reached out to me very quickly this year about helping out and Coach Durish expressed interest in speaking after I met him at the AFCA Convention in San Antonio,” Nardo said. “I’ve had a few coaches reach out to me for registration, but I hope that this number will really start to grow and people take advantage of what these speakers are doing by traveling to Weir High to speak for free and help this clinic continue to grow.”

The Ohio Valley Coaches Clinic is free for all coaches. For more information, email OhioValleyCoachingClinic@gmail.com.

Contact to RSVP

Bryan Nardo
@COACHNARDO27 on Twitter or ohiovalleycoachingclinic@gmail.com

Troy Fetty
Clinic Director
Weir Football
Assistant Coach
Defensive Line/TE - Special Teams Coordinator
304 218-1627 - cell
coachfetty@yahoo.com
@CoachFetty on Twitter
@WeirRedRidersFB on Twitter