The 20th Vinton County Head Football Coach Will Be...

Dundas
SEOPS

The 20th Vinton County Head Football Coach Will Be...

Post by Dundas »

...Officially announced at the March 18th BOE meeting.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Re: The 20th Vinton County Head Football Coach Will Be...

Post by Ema »

Who is it? That's a long time away.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Elmer Fudd

vikingfan?
Waterboy

Post by vikingfan? »

:roll:

This is a great thread nice job :!:

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

who did they narrow it done to?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Not until the 18th?? Guess you don't want to get the coach in there and get him working on his system and working with boys in the weight room, getting out there and trying to get players to come out. Showing his face and building relationship with players and try to get them to buy into his system and stay put at VC, man it's antics like this that leave me scratching my head as to how this program is truly run.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:21 pm Not until the 18th?? Guess you don't want to get the coach in there and get him working on his system and working with boys in the weight room, getting out there and trying to get players to come out. Showing his face and building relationship with players and try to get them to buy into his system and stay put at VC, man it's antics like this that leave me scratching my head as to how this program is truly run.
Nelsonville-York didn't hire coach Richards until the end of March in 2016. NY went 9-3
"We" make it a much bigger deal than it really is.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:31 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:21 pm Not until the 18th?? Guess you don't want to get the coach in there and get him working on his system and working with boys in the weight room, getting out there and trying to get players to come out. Showing his face and building relationship with players and try to get them to buy into his system and stay put at VC, man it's antics like this that leave me scratching my head as to how this program is truly run.
Nelsonville-York didn't hire coach Richards until the end of March in 2016. NY went 9-3
2 totally different programs and really can't be compared, ask any coach he's going to want as much time as he can possibly get. The fact they say the 18th tells me they don't have "THAT" one guy picked yet. They've probably got it narrowed down to 2 maybe 3 candidates and they need that time to figure out the logistics of who might be the right fit and getting the offer put together.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Agreed

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:20 pm
2 totally different programs and really can't be compared, ask any coach he's going to want as much time as he can possibly get. The fact they say the 18th tells me they don't have "THAT" one guy picked yet. They've probably got it narrowed down to 2 maybe 3 candidates and they need that time to figure out the logistics of who might be the right fit and getting the offer put together.

They have their man

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:24 pm

They have their man
And it's being kept under wraps until the 18th in this day and age without anyone leaking it, doubtful. I should say not doubting they have a guy they want but still figuring out the logistics of it all.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:28 pm

They have their man
And it's being kept under wraps until the 18th in this day and age without anyone leaking it, doubtful. I should say not doubting they have a guy they want but still figuring out the logistics of it all.
The new coach is putting together his staff and the coach and staff will be accepted on the same day. March 18th. In the past, head coaches have been voted in and then the following meeting (a month later) the staff was approved. So if anything, VC is doing a better, more efficient job, this time around.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 pm

They have their man
The new coach is putting together his staff and the coach and staff will be accepted on the same day. March 18th. In the past, head coaches have been voted in and then the following meeting (a month later) the staff was approved. So if anything, VC is doing a better, more efficient job, this time around.
Now that's what I like to hear, love to see VC get things turned around there. Do you know if they are retaining any of the old staff?? Was curious if Waugh is going to stick with the new staff.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:40 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Now that's what I like to hear, love to see VC get things turned around there. Do you know if they are retaining any of the old staff?? Was curious if Waugh is going to stick with the new staff.
I’m not sure if any of the old staff will be retained.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Yep. And that group at NY was loaded. Did even better the next year once coach Richards figured out where to put all the talent. But it's doubtful VC has that kind of talent returning over there. I sure hope not for the sake of the rest of the TVC Ohio. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 pm
Yep. And that group at NY was loaded. Did even better the next year once coach Richards figured out where to put all the talent. But it's doubtful VC has that kind of talent returning over there. I sure hope not for the sake of the rest of the TVC Ohio. :mrgreen:
" Guess you don't want to get the coach in there and get him working on his system "

This isn't college ball. There is no spring ball, or spring practices so installing a system in the spring is something that DOESN'T happen here in Southeastern Ohio. Will a coach get his staff on the same page around this time? Yes. Is there going to be a kid or two who don't play spring sports and are wanting to learn the new system in the spring. MAYBE. But the thought that coaches "install" game plans and systems with their team is just not sensible. In the last 15-20 years at NY I know that this hasn't happened. And look at the continued success they have had. These are high school kids. Let them play all they are able to while they are still young and enjoy playing the game, no matter what game or sport that may be.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

OSU22 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 pm

" Guess you don't want to get the coach in there and get him working on his system "

This isn't college ball. There is no spring ball, or spring practices so installing a system in the spring is something that DOESN'T happen here in Southeastern Ohio. Will a coach get his staff on the same page around this time? Yes. Is there going to be a kid or two who don't play spring sports and are wanting to learn the new system in the spring. MAYBE. But the thought that coaches "install" game plans and systems with their team is just not sensible. In the last 15-20 years at NY I know that this hasn't happened. And look at the continued success they have had. These are high school kids. Let them play all they are able to while they are still young and enjoy playing the game, no matter what game or sport that may be.
Yea, that had nothing to do with my post. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:00 pm

No it wasn't to your post. It was to the little part I highlighted about "installing a system." This isn't Texas lol

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

OSU22 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:11 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:00 pm

No it wasn't to your post. It was to the little part I highlighted about "installing a system." This isn't Texas lol
Got ya. I agree.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

...looking for a new job in about 8 months

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?

Return to “Football”