Fort Frye adds WV State Champs to schedule

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Fort Frye adds WV State Champs to schedule

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am Ill take talent over experience anyday just dont c much talent on Friday night s this fall
Have a little faith.
I do have a lot of faith in our program. It's one of the most successful programs in this part of the state, and our players give their best every year. But I'm not one of those who goes into every season claiming we're going to win the league and make the playoffs. We were 4-6 last year so I'm not going to pretend that we're loaded coming into next year.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Barber1973 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:58 am Ill take talent over experience anyday just dont c much talent on Friday night s this fall
Have a little faith.
It’s hard to count NY out in football. History shows the Buckeyes bounce back after “down” seasons. Ny vs. FF will be one heck of a game this year. Both teams should have playoffs as their expectation this fall.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:59 pm
Have a little faith.
I do have a lot of faith in our program. It's one of the most successful programs in this part of the state, and our players give their best every year. But I'm not one of those who goes into every season claiming we're going to win the league and make the playoffs. We were 4-6 last year so I'm not going to pretend that we're loaded coming into next year.
No one says we are "loaded", we have some weapons and we have kids who have some experience now. No one is trying to put the cart before the horse just yet but we will be better than last year on both sides of the ball.
We weren't strong enough last year. We weren't physical and the kids got the message. They know what they need to do and they are doing it.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Have a little faith.
No one says we are "loaded", we have some weapons and we have kids who have some experience now. No one is trying to put the cart before the horse just yet but we will be better than last year on both sides of the ball.
We weren't strong enough last year. We weren't physical and the kids got the message. They know what they need to do and they are doing it.
Strong and physical is one thing Fort Frye will be for sure. They are loaded at Wr but QB is really young.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Have a little faith.
Other than the fact we're losing our only real good lineman I agree with you. The Fort will be a tough test though, so kudos to coach Richards for beefing up the schedule.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I just love how, no matter how many playoff teams Fort Frye plays, as soon as they get added to our schedule, the peanut gallery informs us they're all hot garbage.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:36 am I just love how, no matter how many playoff teams Fort Frye plays, as soon as they get added to our schedule, the peanut gallery informs us they're all hot garbage.
It will end up being one of top 20 schedules in the state I only see one team with a losing record. I’m sure if they dropped Waterford and Belpre people would be mad about that.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Fort Frye has defiantly become one of the best programs in our area. I was surprised when they hung with the best small school in the state Kirtland. I wish we could get Fort Frye vs Trimble

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:08 pm
efarns wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:36 am I just love how, no matter how many playoff teams Fort Frye plays, as soon as they get added to our schedule, the peanut gallery informs us they're all hot garbage.
It will end up being one of top 20 schedules in the state I only see one team with a losing record. I’m sure if they dropped Waterford and Belpre people would be mad about that.
Exactly. It isn't like Fort Frye is a roster of **** recruits. They've had very few people go on to play in college at any level whatsoever. But now that they've had some success, there are a few posters who just won't be satisfied until they schedule themselves to go 5-5 every year. It's just small town high school football and our program isn't in existence to satisfy the whims of random Portsmouth fan.

I don't know if they would be elite, but Wheeling Central would be a perennial playoff team in Ohio. With the population and number of schools in WV, winning state is about like winning your football regional in Ohio. Yes, there are bad teams in WV, but the good teams are still good teams.

Return to “Football”