Oak Hill Football

baseball16
All Conference

Oak Hill Football

Post by baseball16 »

Paul Carver was hired to become the next head coach of the Oaks. Congrats to him and Good luck as they transition into the SOC 2 !

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Oak Hill Football

Post by wobycat »

Any information on this hire? Good luck to the new coach.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Didn't even though they were looking for a coach

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Played at Northwest
Coached at West as an assistant under Triplett
Coached at Oak Hill as an assistant for the past 3-4 years
Is a teacher at Oak Hill.
It will be interesting to see how The Oaks transition. It’s one of the best programs in Southeastern Ohio, not moving up to the Soc 2 will be a new beast. I wish them success.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Paul is a great guy and an even better coach. I see nothing but good for the program moving forward. Moving to the SOC 2 will be difficult but I think they got the right man for the job

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:09 pm Paul Carver was hired to become the next head coach of the Oaks. Congrats to him and Good luck as they transition into the SOC 2 !
Wow, didn't realize they were looking for a new coach. I had heard Dugan is it, was concerned about the move to SOC2 and worried about the numbers they may get. Never heard he was thinking about leaving, good luck to the new coach.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Gonna be tough sledding in the SOC 2. Major step up in competition. I wish coach Carver and the Oaks nothing but success.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

I coached with Paul at Portsmouth West. He is a fine young man and a very hard worker. His relationship with the kids was outstanding and his ears and eyes were always open for learning. He has worked long hours to get this chance at Oak Hill. I wish him and the team the best of luck in the future. Oak Hill you hired a great young leader for the kids.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

paulwheeler wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:36 am I coached with Paul at Portsmouth West. He is a fine young man and a very hard worker. His relationship with the kids was outstanding and his ears and eyes were always open for learning. He has worked long hours to get this chance at Oak Hill. I wish him and the team the best of luck in the future. Oak Hill you hired a great young leader for the kids.
I agree with all of this, I hate to say it but Oak Hill will have some of their least talented teams in a while in the SOC2, wins may be few and far between for a couple years. But Carver was the right hire for the transition and I know he can get them through it

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Was oak hill forced to move up to the soc 2 or was it a mutual decision?

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Good luck to Paul

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:25 pm Was oak hill forced to move up to the soc 2 or was it a mutual decision?
Moving to SOC 2 had a lot to do with Western coming in for football. Someone had to move up to balance the scale. Northwest just dropped a couple of years ago and Oak Hill has really outgrown the SOC 1. It was time. It will be tough sledding at the beginning. Hopefully, the community gets behind Paul and supports him. But I am sure, just as soon as he loses 2 or 3 in a row, people will be asking for his head. ! LOL Growing pains at the beginning. Hopefully people will just relax and understand the situation at hand.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Where did the last coach go to? He had a solid record.

Michael Scott
hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

He resigned to spend time with his family

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

He built a solid foundation

Michael Scott
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Oak Hill had out grown the Soc 1? When does winning constitute a conference move?The mudslide is more than Western coming on the scene. Oak Hill has built a winning program under Coach Dugan. The question is when does the outcry begin to move Wheelersburg out of the Soc2. A winning program that has simply out grown the Soc 2?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

gator81 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:44 pm Oak Hill had out grown the Soc 1? When does winning constitute a conference move?The mudslide is more than Western coming on the scene. Oak Hill has built a winning program under Coach Dugan. The question is when does the outcry begin to move Wheelersburg out of the Soc2. A winning program that has simply out grown the Soc 2?
Oak hill to the TVC Ohio makes a lot of sense.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

baseball16 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:19 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:25 pm Was oak hill forced to move up to the soc 2 or was it a mutual decision?
Moving to SOC 2 had a lot to do with Western coming in for football. Someone had to move up to balance the scale. Northwest just dropped a couple of years ago and Oak Hill has really outgrown the SOC 1. It was time. It will be tough sledding at the beginning. Hopefully, the community gets behind Paul and supports him. But I am sure, just as soon as he loses 2 or 3 in a row, people will be asking for his head. ! LOL Growing pains at the beginning. Hopefully people will just relax and understand the situation at hand.
Easy 8-2 seasons will be replaced by tough 4-6 seasons

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Oak Hill has really outgrown the SOC 1.
Oak Hill doesn't and didn't belong in SOC 1. Never did (nor does Northwest for that matter).

Just look up the enrollment numbers.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Oak hill to the TVC. Does make more sense.

Return to “Football”