Oak Hill Football

Ema
Riding the Bench

Re: Oak Hill Football

Post by Ema »

Kick Athens and 318 boys out of the TVC they are way to big and put in Oak Hill!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ema wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:17 pm Kick Athens and 318 boys out of the TVC they are way to big and put in Oak Hill!
If we add Oak Hill that puts the Ohio at 8 teams. 7 league games means no late season by weeks for teams.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:31 pm
Ema wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:17 pm Kick Athens and 318 boys out of the TVC they are way to big and put in Oak Hill!
If we add Oak Hill that puts the Ohio at 8 teams. 7 league games means no late season by weeks for teams.
I honestly don’t know why this hasn’t already happened. It makes perfect sense. OH would he middle of the road in numbers in the TVC Ohio. They have great facilities. They border 2 current TVC Ohio school districts. Their sports programs would be very competitive in the Ohio Division. I just don’t know what the downside would be. As for the conference, we need to even out. The late non conference games are difficult to schedule and will only get harder.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congratulations Paul and best of luck as you move into the head coaching role.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Oak Hill is not going anywhere anytime soon.

1 hour 20 min to Nelsonville
1 hour to Athens
55 Min. to Meigs
50 Min. to Alexander
50 Min. to Vinton Co.
Closest Trip is 35 min to Wellston
Have to Remember, there are other sports other than football. :shock: :shock: So Middle School, Golf, Volleyball, etc... would all have to move!

Let's see. Webster 15 Min. Minford 20 Min. Valley 30 Min. Burg 35 Min. West is the longest trip at 55 Min.

Plus school sizes in the SOC are all pretty equal. TVC not so much.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:30 pm Oak Hill is not going anywhere anytime soon.

1 hour to Athens
55 Min. to Meigs
50 Min. to Alexander
50 Min. to Vinton Co.
Have to Remember, there are other sports other than football. :shock: :shock: So Middle School, Golf, Volleyball, etc... would all have to move!

Let's see. Webster 15 Min. Minford 20 Min. Valley 30 Min. Burg 35 Min. West is the longest trip at 55 Min.

Not sure where you got those numbers but the farthest trip would be to NY at 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Oak Hill to NY 1 hour 5 minutes
Oak Hill to Athens 1 hour
Oak Hill to Meigs 50 minutes
Oak Hill to Alex 45 minutes
Oak Hill to VC 41 minutes
Oak Hill to Wellston 31 minutes
Oak Hill to RV 24 minutes

Average 45.1 minutes per conference games.

Oak Hill to P West 51 minutes
Oak Hill to Waverly 44 minutes
Oak Hill to Valley 38 minutes
Oak Hill to Wheelersburg 34 minutes
Oak Hill to Minford 30 minutes

Average 39.4 minutes per conference game.

That’s less than a 6 minute difference on average. These numbers are from google maps and are from school to school.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm Oak Hill to NY 1 hour 5 minutes

That’s less than a 6 minute difference on average. These numbers are from google maps and are from school to school.
whether you have google maps, a foldout map, or an atlas You are off. I have driven a yellow hound to Athens, Nelsonville, Meigs , and Alexander. On a Bus those times are accurate. Trust me, I filled out the trip tic. TVC Ohio makes no sense. Just like the Biddy League Football going to the TVC and driving to Miller, Warren, Nelsonville, Trimble, etc.... making no sense. Like I said, there are other sports outside of Football and no way the administration sends JR. High teams to Athens, Alex, Nelsonville, Meigs, on a Monday Night!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 pm

whether you have google maps, a foldout map, or an atlas You are off. I have driven a yellow hound to Athens, Nelsonville, Meigs , and Alexander. On a Bus those times are accurate. Trust me, I filled out the trip tic. TVC Ohio makes no sense. Just like the Biddy League Football going to the TVC and driving to Miller, Warren, Nelsonville, Trimble, etc.... making no sense. Like I said, there are other sports outside of Football and no way the administration sends JR. High teams to Athens, Alex, Nelsonville, Meigs, on a Monday Night!
I hope not because we play JV on Mondays lol
Just ribbing ya. :lol:

I don't think Oak Hill has any interest so it's moot point. Just like every other (insert team) to the TVC talk lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 pm
baseball16 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 pm

I hope not because we play JV on Mondays lol
Just ribbing ya. :lol:

I don't think Oak Hill has any interest so it's moot point. Just like every other (insert team) to the TVC talk lol

Oak Hill lost to the last place soc 2 team last year, 39-0. If they aren’t looking at other options, they should. If they don’t, then their football program will suffer. Oak Hill would’ve finished anywhere from 2nd to 4th last year in the TVC Ohio.

Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

I will be the first to say it, Oak hIll will not win more than one game being the head coaches alma mater northwest

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:30 pm Oak Hill is not going anywhere anytime soon.

1 hour to Athens
55 Min. to Meigs
50 Min. to Alexander
50 Min. to Vinton Co.

The closest trip would actually be River Valley. But, I see your point with some of the distances.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

Why does the distance matter when you would potentially get manhandled in both conferences anyway, very uncertain future for oak hill

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

The Soc 2 was not a wise move for Oak Hill.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

gator81 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:18 pm The Soc 2 was not a wise move for Oak Hill.
I agree. But, they may not have had a choice per league mandate. And I also agree with Mel. They wouldn’t compete any better in the TVC Ohio either.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

hsfbfan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:25 pm
gator81 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:18 pm The Soc 2 was not a wise move for Oak Hill.
I agree. But, they may not have had a choice per league mandate. And I also agree with Mel. They wouldn’t compete any better in the TVC Ohio either.
The TVC Ohio is way down right now. If Oak Hill couldn't compete in it this coming year they must be really bad. No wonder Warpig got the he11 out. :o

Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

Not to mention Oak Hill list to munford who was the worst team in the SOC 2 by 39 points...

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

Teufelhunden wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 pm
hsfbfan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:25 pm
The TVC Ohio is way down right now. If Oak Hill couldn't compete in it this coming year they must be really bad. No wonder Warpig got the he11 out. :o
Yep, Dugy bailed at the right time. :mrgreen:

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Oak hill will struggle for a few years just like valley did when they moved up but will adjust and be fine they might not win the championship but will get to where they can compete

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:32 pm Oak hill will struggle for a few years just like valley did when they moved up but will adjust and be fine they might not win the championship but will get to where they can compete

Pretty well said.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”