Canton To Host OHSAA 2019 Baseball and Football State Tournaments

radiodavel
JV Team

Canton To Host OHSAA 2019 Baseball and Football State Tournaments

Post by radiodavel »

Canton To Host OHSAA 2019 Baseball and Football State Tournaments - https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2019 ... ournaments

burgfella69
JV Team

Re: Canton To Host OHSAA 2019 Baseball and Football State Tournaments

Post by burgfella69 »

Interesting baseball destination

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I guess all the old money is still up Akron/Canton/Youngstown way even though population and Industry as a whole isn't. No wonder a lot of the people in the Cincy area would just as soon be part of Kentucky or Indiana sports wise and all they host for OHSAA is Tennis. Columbus even though they're the capital located in the middle & biggest city in the state with the biggest growing economy for a couple decades now will always have OSU but is still considered a "Cowtown" from the high school perspective I guess. They do which they should, host the Basketball & Wrestling tourney plus the basic non revenue producing sports of Golf, Soccer, Bowling, Hockey, Lacrosse, Track and Cross Country. I get it about the Huntington Park situation and all but what's next ? Canton will now have Football, Baseball, Swimming and Akron has the Softball championships. I wonder if Lebron will build an arena up there somewhere big enough to host the basketball finals one day ? Could be and then everyone can visit NEO yearly for the major sport finals. (Rant only, don't crucify me). :shock:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Here's to low attendance.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I used to think it was a lack of respect for SEO but it seems to apply to all of Ohio except the NE

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Can’t believe Paladin hasn’t posted on this how NEO deserves to host those two sports as well in state championship games because all of the best teams in the state are from that area.

Someone in Canton has pictures of someone within the OHSAA that they don’t want seen.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

1hr 10 min drive for me either way, should be in Columbus though IMO.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

At this point is it even something to discuss?? I've spoke with Beau Rugg and the guy can't even give an explanation for the choices they make. Simply saying the board gives final approval based on facilities, availability, accommodations, staff, and a million other reasons, his words. Must be really difficult, guess OSU can hold 100,000 but the high school level is just to difficult for the area that it needs to be in canton. Anyone who is in charge such as Rugg and simply to afraid or unable to give answers there's just no hope that the right decision can be made by someone with those answers. It's like owning a business and not having any idea why the business does the things it does. I guess when the money finds the right pockets it's easier to make a decision, money talks right??

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:55 am At this point is it even something to discuss?? I've spoke with Beau Rugg and the guy can't even give an explanation for the choices they make. Simply saying the board gives final approval based on facilities, availability, accommodations, staff, and a million other reasons, his words. Must be really difficult, guess OSU can hold 100,000 but the high school level is just to difficult for the area that it needs to be in canton. Anyone who is in charge such as Rugg and simply to afraid or unable to give answers there's just no hope that the right decision can be made by someone with those answers. It's like owning a business and not having any idea why the business does the things it does. I guess when the money finds the right pockets it's easier to make a decision, money talks right??
That is sad. I still think someone at the Stark county fairgrounds has something to do with it as well. Look how much money they bring in for the parking every year! Do you think they want to lose that?

Plenty of stadiums around Columbus that can hold the state championship games. They hold some of the state semi-final games around Columbus.

Return to “Football”