Next Meigs Football Coach

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Next Meigs Football Coach

Post by BlizzardMan »

hannancoach wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am
JacksonMayor wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:52 am

WOW TIMMY! Bragging about yourself as an applicant. Thats rich.
No not me. In all seriousness, he has coached in West Virginia for a long time. From there. Hes been at Meigs teaching for a long time. It'd be good to have a coach who is a teacher in the district.
Thanks for the props. But I dont really want the job at Meggs. I am happy being part of the deal here at Hannan. besides we have a better record against Athens than you guys do. Too bad they wont play us no more.
That's too bad. You'd be the guy to finally get Meigs over that hump!

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Apparently there's a guy in house who's the frontrunner. Coached at two different schools including Meigs from what I've heard. That came from a good source.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

KC Java wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 pm Apparently there's a guy in house who's the frontrunner. Coached at two different schools including Meigs from what I've heard. That came from a good source.
Not sure if the guy I heard coached any at Meigs. I thought all in WV, but maybe I'm wrong. If not, that's good if their are two guys. Don't know any other name who wouldv'e coached at Meigs on teaching staff though. Anyone?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:11 pm
KC Java wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 pm Apparently there's a guy in house who's the frontrunner. Coached at two different schools including Meigs from what I've heard. That came from a good source.
Not sure if the guy I heard coached any at Meigs. I thought all in WV, but very possible I'm wrong. If not, that's good if their are two guys. Don't know any other name who wouldv'e coached at Meigs on teaching staff though. Anyone?

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Not sure if the guy I heard coached any at Meigs. I thought all in WV, but maybe I'm wrong. If not, that's good if their are two guys. Don't know any other name who wouldv'e coached at Meigs on teaching staff though. Anyone?
Might not be on the teaching staff. But he is in house. Think outside the box. :idea:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

KC Java wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 pm
Might not be on the teaching staff. But he is in house. Think outside the box. :idea:
Good point.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:13 pm
KC Java wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Good point.
Oh man I think I just realized who you are talking about. That would be a great choice too.

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

Why don’t you all throw some names out,

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

Mr.Jackson would be a name I would throw out

football2016
Waterboy

Post by football2016 »

Trying to think of people in the district who have coached football at different levels. It brought up several former assistants and a couple of old head coaches at various schools. Coach Chancey, Coach Gheen, Coach Hill, Coach Jackson, Coach Bissell, Coach Eddy, Coach Tennant, Coach Thomas, Coach Miller, Coach Zirkle are the several I came up with. Be interesting if any of those guys apply..

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Now would be a good time to Coach Meigs. If you would go above .500 every year it would be an accomplishment.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Chuck Finley wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 pm Now would be a good time to Coach Meigs. If you would go above .500 every year it would be an accomplishment.
Meigs has plenty of athletes. A lighter schedule should help too.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Chuck Finley wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 pm Now would be a good time to Coach Meigs. If you would go above .500 every year it would be an accomplishment.
Shoot. If they are above .500 any year its an accomplishment.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

football2016 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:05 pm Trying to think of people in the district who have coached football at different levels. It brought up several former assistants and a couple of old head coaches at various schools. Coach Chancey, Coach Gheen, Coach Hill, Coach Jackson, Coach Bissell, Coach Eddy, Coach Tennant, Coach Thomas, Coach Miller, Coach Zirkle are the several I came up with. Be interesting if any of those guys apply..
You may be on to something ;). The name is there if you can, as they say, read between the lines. :D

MeigsFootball
Waterboy

Post by MeigsFootball »

Derek Miller coached at Meigs for 10 years under Mike Chancey and two years as Assistant Head Coach at Southern under Mike Chancey. I think he is the best choice for the job! He could bring a lot to the table!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MeigsFootball wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:09 am Derek Miller coached at Meigs for 10 years under Mike Chancey and two years as Assistant Head Coach at Southern under Mike Chancey. I think he is the best choice for the job! He could bring a lot to the table!
He would be great! Agreed.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I believe there are some very good applicants for the job. The latest I have heard is a guy that has coached in Meigs County in the past, has also coached in WV in the past. I am going to leave a name out of this post, only because my source hasn't been the most reliable in the past. If someone else knows of this applicant, maybe there is some truth. He is not currently involved at Meigs Local.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:07 am I believe there are some very good applicants for the job. The latest I have heard is a guy that has coached in Meigs County in the past, has also coached in WV in the past. I am going to leave a name out of this post, only because my source hasn't been the most reliable in the past. If someone else knows of this applicant, maybe there is some truth. He is not currently involved at Meigs Local.
Just hope its not the one that had ties with VC and Jacksons

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

Does anyone know when they will be having interviews? Seems like they should get this thing done so the new coach can install his system during spring ball like they are doing at Logan.

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

The Butcher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 am Does anyone know when they will be having interviews? Seems like they should get this thing done so the new coach can install his system during spring ball like they are doing at Logan.
Yesterday was last day have resume to be in. Heard everything from 12 - 17 people applied. Not saying all will get interview

Return to “Football”