Next Meigs Football Coach

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Next Meigs Football Coach

Post by BlizzardMan »

MeigsFootball wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:09 am Derek Miller coached at Meigs for 10 years under Mike Chancey and two years as Assistant Head Coach at Southern under Mike Chancey. I think he is the best choice for the job! He could bring a lot to the table!
He would be great! Agreed.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I believe there are some very good applicants for the job. The latest I have heard is a guy that has coached in Meigs County in the past, has also coached in WV in the past. I am going to leave a name out of this post, only because my source hasn't been the most reliable in the past. If someone else knows of this applicant, maybe there is some truth. He is not currently involved at Meigs Local.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:07 am I believe there are some very good applicants for the job. The latest I have heard is a guy that has coached in Meigs County in the past, has also coached in WV in the past. I am going to leave a name out of this post, only because my source hasn't been the most reliable in the past. If someone else knows of this applicant, maybe there is some truth. He is not currently involved at Meigs Local.
Just hope its not the one that had ties with VC and Jacksons

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

Does anyone know when they will be having interviews? Seems like they should get this thing done so the new coach can install his system during spring ball like they are doing at Logan.

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

The Butcher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 am Does anyone know when they will be having interviews? Seems like they should get this thing done so the new coach can install his system during spring ball like they are doing at Logan.
Yesterday was last day have resume to be in. Heard everything from 12 - 17 people applied. Not saying all will get interview

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

itsme wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:11 am
Fonzie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:07 am I believe there are some very good applicants for the job. The latest I have heard is a guy that has coached in Meigs County in the past, has also coached in WV in the past. I am going to leave a name out of this post, only because my source hasn't been the most reliable in the past. If someone else knows of this applicant, maybe there is some truth. He is not currently involved at Meigs Local.

The name that I heard, to the best of my knowledge, has no ties to Jackson or VC.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 am
itsme wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:11 am

The name that I heard, to the best of my knowledge, has no ties to Jackson or VC.
he is talking about a different applicant. I think that blizzard guy from the county just south would be a good choice. Why doesnt he coach anymore?

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Do schools still have it in teacher contracts that they have first dibs at coaching jobs over outside applicants?

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am Do schools still have it in teacher contracts that they have first dibs at coaching jobs over outside applicants?
They say they do BUT

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Just wondering if a teacher or school employee applies for the job, if they have to be given the job.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

A lot of schools (most) have a clause in their contract that qualified teachers have to be given preference.

Now the devil is in the details---you may define qualified differently than me. If a Super doesn't want candidate A for some reason all candidate B has

do is be breathing.

Preference is up for definition also---does that mean the Super really looks at the applicant or just guarantees them an interview.

The fundamentals still apply---there are a few guys out there who have won enough that they make the decision easy for the Super, but they are rare.

If an applicant has an angel or two on the Board---they will be your new coach.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Any update on this position?

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

That Tennant guy from Parkersburg Catholic is on the list

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

they started interviewing last night.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Is the Blue Tartan still open? I may drop by Pomeroy this afternoon to visit Sonny's .

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Any word on this hire? Wellston and VC have both pulled the trigger on new coaches, so what's the hold up?

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Ema wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:27 pm Any word on this hire? Wellston and VC have both pulled the trigger on new coaches, so what's the hold up?
Just started interveiwing 2 days ago. I heard they had 17 applied.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 pm Just wondering if a teacher or school employee applies for the job, if they have to be given the job.
Meigs passed over a qualified teacher for softball coach a few years ago and hired someone not employed with the district. The teacher filed a grievance and Meigs had to pay two varsity coaching salaries that spring.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Chuck Finley wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:24 am
Fonzie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 pm Just wondering if a teacher or school employee applies for the job, if they have to be given the job.
Meigs passed over a qualified teacher for softball coach a few years ago and hired someone not employed with the district. The teacher filed a grievance and Meigs had to pay two varsity coaching salaries that spring.
True story. That was not the current superintendent however. Mr. Gheen is a fair guy.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Sounds like a decision could be made this week.

Return to “Football”