Could Parker be the next "Great SEO Hope" ?

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: Could Parker be the next "Great SEO Hope" ?

Post by 79Tiger »

I'd like to see him at Ohio U. Close to home and a better chance of starting or seeing significant playing time early on. I think that would help keep his interest up in getting a degree as well. Going to a big D1 school and getting swallowed up in the process could result in a lack of interest on his part.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paladin wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:53 am Not having taken college boards dos not stop offers. If they think he has talent for their level of competition,he’ll get offered, period.

If you look at film on him, the speed he has shows . It also shows he has good field vision and cuts well. But it also shows lack of strength in not being able to break tackles, lack of good balance and not much on other skills like pass catching or blocking. And, let’s face it, the competition level in SEO isn’t high.

Realize that stud underclassmen have already racked up offers, lots of offers. No college board grades yet doesn’t stop that.He is a good athlete, but no stud. He will get more MAC offers.

I bet if he was from NEO he would be Ohio State worthy wouldn’t he Paladin!

The troll is back again trashing SEO football.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Also, don’t forget about Makya Matthews at Wheelersburg! He has the potential to go big probably at a defensive position.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:47 pm Also, don’t forget about Makya Matthews at Wheelersburg! He has the potential to go big probably at a defensive position.
I agree. Could you imagine Matthews and Parker in the same backfield offensively and defensively? Burg would probably win it all again.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Parker won’t come to Burg because his Dad hates the Burg but yeah Parker in the backfield and Mathews in the slot would be nice. Would be hard to stop both.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:01 pm Parker won’t come to Burg because his Dad hates the Burg but yeah Parker in the backfield and Mathews in the slot would be nice. Would be hard to stop both.
I never said he was. But both are D1 players. I doubt Parker’s dad likes any rival school and I don’t even know his dad.

He’s the real deal. Portsmouth will win games single handily by him next year. If only they would get serious, they’d have them in playoffs again next year.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:33 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:01 pm Parker won’t come to Burg because his Dad hates the Burg but yeah Parker in the backfield and Mathews in the slot would be nice. Would be hard to stop both.
I never said he was. But both are D1 players. I doubt Parker’s dad likes any rival school and I don’t even know his dad.

He’s the real deal. Portsmouth will win games single handily by him next year. If only they would get serious, they’d have them in playoffs again next year.
Great talent and he’ll put up huge numbers against bad teams. Well coached talented teams will keep him in check.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually, yabba, he could be from NEO and still not have worthy OSU talent level, which he currently does not. It also might surprise you to find out there are a number of better RBs in NEO and they won’t be getting OSU offers either.

I know it eats at you, but live with it.

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:13 pm Actually, yabba, he could be from NEO and still not have worthy OSU talent level, which he currently does not. It also might surprise you to find out there are a number of better RBs in NEO and they won’t be getting OSU offers either.

I know it eats at you, but live with it.
Bowden was a 5 star RB recruit and he went to Kentucky. Just because you live in Ohio doesn’t mean you have to go to Ohio State. I’d love to see Parker at Ohio U.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

well in the world of free agency now infused into college football, whom knows what the future holds, I expect him to see numorous non power five offers, Marshall could be a fit as well?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Bowden was also a H.S. QB, not a RB. Clearly he was head and shoulders better than this kid as an athlete and didn’t attract OSU. He also wasn’t a clear RB recruit. He was recruited to play slot because he was undersized but had great hands and was an open field runner, not a RB between the tackles. Apples and oranges.

YSU recruited a RB a year ago from University H.S. In Cleveland named Cunningham. Reminds me of this kid. Very similar talent, size, etc. People are wwwwwwwwway over projecting the kid. O.U. Would be good but even there the competition will be tough. Watch and see if he even gets a B1G offers, much less OSU.

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Paladin I really agree with your post above. I know people disagree with you but you tell it like it is and when the dust settles I would bet on your prediction here. Good luck to him thou where ever he ends up.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:21 am Bowden was also a H.S. QB, not a RB. Clearly he was head and shoulders better than this kid as an athlete and didn’t attract OSU. He also wasn’t a clear RB recruit. He was recruited to play slot because he was undersized but had great hands and was an open field runner, not a RB between the tackles. Apples and oranges.

YSU recruited a RB a year ago from University H.S. In Cleveland named Cunningham. Reminds me of this kid. Very similar talent, size, etc. People are wwwwwwwwway over projecting the kid. O.U. Would be good but even there the competition will be tough. Watch and see if he even gets a B1G offers, much less OSU.
Yeah I already said this earlier, I think ppl don't realize that most colleges send out getting information on a lot of athletes. It doesn't mean they plan on offering, he's more of a smaller MAC talent I can see. Whatever gets him that education is the main thing.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Didn’t realize there were so many college scouts on SEOP...we sure are lucky to have y’all scouting suthern Ohia. Specially you Paladin!

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

bucknuts talked about parker starts around 5 minutes, former portsmouth star is on staff at bucknuts jonah booker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6FWG9T_r8w

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Parker should transfer to a prep school for his senior year and play against better competition that would show the recruiters exactly how good he really is

Burg grad 85
Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

LMAO ,some of you people kill me . Why should Parker go to Burg?? Not everyone bows down and kisses burgs ass or think playing there is going to get them to The NFL!
He is a great player and will definitely get a chance that very few kids get and play at the next level ,where ever that may be ,as far as Ohio State , Urban at least thinks he has the talent and skills or he would not have been recruiting him ,I'm sure everyone understands that don't mean they want him just that they show interest how many other kids get that? Urban has called him multiple times and Parker has went to the last few Buckeye's games including the beat down of Ichigan with a sideline pass ,let the kid enjoy what is one of the great times of his young life ,SMFH.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hulk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:41 pm LMAO ,some of you people kill me . Why should Parker go to Burg?? Not everyone bows down and kisses burgs ass or think playing there is going to get them to The NFL!
He is a great player and will definitely get a chance that very few kids get and play at the next level ,where ever that may be ,as far as Ohio State , Urban at least thinks he has the talent and skills or he would not have been recruiting him ,I'm sure everyone understands that don't mean they want him just that they show interest how many other kids get that? Urban has called him multiple times and Parker has went to the last few Buckeye's games including the beat down of Ichigan with a sideline pass ,let the kid enjoy what is one of the great times of his young life ,SMFH.
No one said he should go to Burg. I made an observation saying could you imagine Parker and Matthews in the same backfield d. Your hate for burg is duly noted. You may be the hulk the way you snapped. Lol

In fact I don’t think any burgfan is saying anything except good stuff about him in this thread. Relax

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

wobycat wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:22 pm
Hulk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:41 pm LMAO ,some of you people kill me . Why should Parker go to Burg?? Not everyone bows down and kisses burgs ass or think playing there is going to get them to The NFL!
No one said he should go to Burg. I made an observation saying could you imagine Parker and Matthews in the same backfield d. Your hate for burg is duly noted. You may be the hulk the way you snapped. Lol

In fact I don’t think any burgfan is saying anything except good stuff about him in this thread. Relax

Why don't you relax , there is comments about he won't come to burg because his dad "hates" burg clearly calling out a person by his name calling him a hater ,why isn't that deleted?? I think you get way to personal when someone disagree with anything about burg and it gets in the way of you doing you job on here of cleaning things up.

And no ,I don't care for most burg fans , nothing to do with da burg!

Relax!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hulk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:24 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Why don't you relax , there is comments about he won't come to burg because his dad "hates" burg clearly calling out a person by his name calling him a hater ,why isn't that deleted?? I think you get way to personal when someone disagree with anything about burg and it gets in the way of you doing you job on here of cleaning things up.

And no ,I don't care for most burg fans , nothing to do with da burg!

Relax!!
If you would follow the thread, I corrected him. I only react when I see that people jump to conclusions. This thread has nothing to do with burg but you seem to think it is over one comment.

Return to “Football”