Logan football 2019

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by ravensfan09 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:42 am Pretty quiet. Any more news out at the River Basin?
Coach Eddy no doubt has them working hard! Good man and coach!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:14 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:42 am Pretty quiet. Any more news out at the River Basin?
Was talking to someone out at HVCH yesterday evening. She also said Duck Dynasty Mike has been working them hard. Great news. 8-)

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:54 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:14 pm
Was talking to someone out at HVCH yesterday evening. She also said Duck Dynasty Mike has been working them hard. Great news. 8-)
Agree!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Eddy has been at the high school ... kids are working out, the coaches met with the kids/parents last week at the high school -going over the expectations for TEAM ... talked to some of the kids from last years squad this past week as to what they thought of the new atmosphere - they loved it ... my impression thus far can be summed up in a few words : I'm hearing DISCIPLINE , TEAM at the head of ANY conversation ... the kids said you KNOW exactly what is going to be expected of them - nothing in between, everyone is held accountable just as the next guy ... I liked what I was hearing ... there were kids staying after school making sure they were getting it done ... wait for it - IN THE CLASSROOM !!! I was impressed by these kids attitudes ... looking forward to supporting Coach Eddy and the Purple this coming season ... found out from my neighbor here in Logan ( my neighbor was moving out ) ... I asked who bought their house, said "the new football coach at the high school" ... pfloyd is looking forward to having Coach Eddy in the neighborhood here in Logan ! ...

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

That's good to hear PFloyd! Hopefully (and from the sounds of it) He'll build a connection with the community. Which will help when his recruitment of the halls.

AT THE RESERVATION
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pfloyd wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:59 pm ... Coach Eddy has been at the high school ... kids are working out, the coaches met with the kids/parents last week at the high school -going over the expectations for TEAM ... talked to some of the kids from last years squad this past week as to what they thought of the new atmosphere - they loved it ... my impression thus far can be summed up in a few words : I'm hearing DISCIPLINE , TEAM at the head of ANY conversation ... the kids said you KNOW exactly what is going to be expected of them - nothing in between, everyone is held accountable just as the next guy ... I liked what I was hearing ... there were kids staying after school making sure they were getting it done ... wait for it - IN THE CLASSROOM !!! I was impressed by these kids attitudes ... looking forward to supporting Coach Eddy and the Purple this coming season ... found out from my neighbor here in Logan ( my neighbor was moving out ) ... I asked who bought their house, said "the new football coach at the high school" ... pfloyd is looking forward to having Coach Eddy in the neighborhood here in Logan ! ...
Now I know where to find him!

Glad he'll be near you pfloyd so you can keep an eye on him!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Was also announced yesterday that the Logan vs Chillicothe game will be on Thursday night and featured on the WB channel 53 as part of their Thursday Night Football Broadcasts this season. Pretty cool.

Live Like A Champion!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logangrad wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 am Was also announced yesterday that the Logan vs Chillicothe game will be on Thursday night and featured on the WB channel 53 as part of their Thursday Night Football Broadcasts this season. Pretty cool.
First Thursday night game for Logan since the season finale in 1955. And just the 25th Thursday game of all-time. Half of those games were Thanksgiving Day games (largely with Nelsonville) before 1936.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

A thanksgiving day game would’ve been awesome

Live Like A Champion!
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Logangrad wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 am Was also announced yesterday that the Logan vs Chillicothe game will be on Thursday night and featured on the WB channel 53 as part of their Thursday Night Football Broadcasts this season. Pretty cool.
Awesome Grad!!

AT THE RESERVATION
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Hopefully, there will NOT be a summer vacation this year! :mrgreen:

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

1987chieftains wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:55 pm That's good to hear PFloyd! Hopefully (and from the sounds of it) He'll build a connection with the community. Which will help when his recruitment of the halls.
If given time..I'm sure he will build a solid competitive program.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

moonshine wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 am Hopefully, there will NOT be a summer vacation this year! :mrgreen:
What? Can't build a strong and ready winning team taking vacations....Never heard of such a thing from where I come from up around Cleveland....I live in the area off and on now close to Logan an attend some games....Vacation time wouldn't be the answer... I heard lots about Logan's winning past, and would love to see them back on par again....I like this area and the facilities are top notch for a Div 2 School...No reason for losing and it's time for them to get over the hump....

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:03 pm
moonshine wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 am Hopefully, there will NOT be a summer vacation this year! :mrgreen:
What? Can't build a strong and ready winning team taking vacations....Never heard of such a thing from where I come from up around Cleveland....I live in the area off and on now close to Logan an attend some games....Vacation time wouldn't be the answer... I heard lots about Logan's winning past, and would love to see them back on par again....I like this area and the facilities are top notch for a Div 2 School...No reason for losing and it's time for them to get over the hump....
I agree NO VACATIONS! :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

moonshine wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:42 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:03 pm
I agree NO VACATIONS! :mrgreen:
WAIT!! WHAT!!! No "team building" trips???? What this world coming to???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: You mean 1-9,2-8 or 3-7 records are not good?? :lol: :lol:

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

9.5,You would think with the facilities Logan has that they would be able to recruit for the program themselves.

AT THE RESERVATION
Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

Good god when was the last time Logan was shown on TV ? That probably hasn't happened since TV 2 pulled the plug many years ago. It might help with their recruiting if they got some TV coverage :cry:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bob Bolshavic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 pm Good god when was the last time Logan was shown on TV ? That probably hasn't happened since TV 2 pulled the plug many years ago. It might help with their recruiting if they got some TV coverage :cry:
Not sure but I think they was on TV playing Lancaster was the last time I can remember. Angle, Mays, Rutter and crew put a whoop-un on the Gales too.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Seems like I remember them continuing to show the home games two or three years after that, then they just showed the homecoming games for a couple years, then they disappeared completely from the local station. I thought it was a shame the fans who couldn't make the game could no longer see them on time delay, but it is what it is. Maybe the local broadcasters retired and they couldn't find suitable replacements. :shock:

Return to “Football”