Logan football 2019

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:58 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:57 am Great pics !!! Trench that bear maybe hearing that alarm clock to wake from his long overdue hibernation

The field of dreams saying.....

Build it......and they will come.....
I've been hoping and praying for them, County. The Bear has slept long enough. :lol:

Some of my fondest memories were going against the chiefs. If we didn’t beat them. You didn’t win the league. One Football Friday night in Logan we had to beat em to split it all. Jackson’s band 225 strong. Logan’s band in full force and to make it even better Ohio University band was in full force with them My lands all three bands together at halftime blew us out of the locker room. Wata an Atmosphere to play in on that cold night against Joey Conrad and bunch. It will be back soon enough. And look forward to it

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I do not feel like looking through all 8 pages here lol but I will say this. I remember when I was little, NY played far away so my parents took me to watch Logan up on the hilltop and I thought it was one of the coolest things ever. This area is better when Logan is successful. I hope you guys return to prominence soon. Best of luck to the new ball coach and the players this year.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:57 am Great pics !!! Trench that bear maybe hearing that alarm clock to wake from his long overdue hibernation

The field of dreams saying.....

Build it......and they will come.....
I've been hoping and praying for them, County. The Bear has slept long enough. :lol:

Some of my fondest memories were going against the chiefs. If we didn’t beat them. You didn’t win the league. One Football Friday night in Logan we had to beat em to split it all. Jackson’s band 225 strong. Logan’s band in full force and to make it even better Ohio University band was in full force with them My lands all three bands together at halftime blew us out of the locker room. Wata an Atmosphere to play in on that cold night against Joey Conrad and bunch. It will be back soon enough. And look forward to it
Had the pleasure of calling that game on the radio and it was an amazing atmosphere for a high school football game.

Live Like A Champion!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Logangrad wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:22 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Had the pleasure of calling that game on the radio and it was an amazing atmosphere for a high school football game.

Yes it was. Play-off type feel. And quite honestly it was. 4-5 deep all the way around. Hard hitting. Field full of talent and was a straight war from opening kickoff till the final gun sounded off. Will always be a special game in my mind and one of the best both regular season and play-off games combined.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

As it going to be time to start hitting soon, do we have any updates! :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 pm You may be correct about the schedule, Locos. Lancaster at the time was at a huge size advantage over Logan then, had Rex Kern , an OSU QB and was at the top of their talent pool. But I can tell you Logan had a number of future college athletes on those teams and some size. Scrivner at Lima was sending numbers of players then to Mich., OSU and Notre Dame. At that time, Lima Sr. Was a major pipeline.

Didn’t know Strait came back from California for alumni reunions. I have run into old grads like Carl Gaffin, Ed Dalton and others when in town visiting. Many old grads have moved back into Logan who previously had left town. I hear tales some of those reunions are well attended.

Unfortunately, my class has a large number of classmates who remained natives, but have low turnout on alumni dinners. I’m 3.5 hours away but only get back to alumni dinners on a rare occasion. And to be fair , my class has had a lot of deaths, including Straits sister Sue who died years ago from complications of diabetes. Such is life.
Paladin -

What do you remember about Dwight Diller? Think he was an assistant at some point while you were in school and later would be principal and superintendent.

He was HC from '47-'53 and left to run the Logan Daily News for five year before returning to Logan schools. He was the last "athletic coach" - after Diller they hired seperate coaches for football and basketball.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You have most of your facts correct, Locos. I was a kid when Diller was coaching. I was 9 in 1953. Diller was a classic sourpuss. Not much personality. Diller either taught P.E. Or also coached Jr. Hi. Basketball as I remember him running the drills that I took part in. My memory is better with Scrivner and Adams, who I played for. Don’t remember a whole lot about him.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Anyone have any true numbers for the varsity? I can't seem to get a solid answer from asking people around town.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Coach told me 22 Freshmen and 40 or so on Varsity. 8th grade numbers as way down, like 14 or something nuts.

Live Like A Champion!
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

I bet Paladin looked slow on film....oh wait..... no such thing back then lol

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:33 am Coach told me 22 Freshmen and 40 or so on Varsity. 8th grade numbers as way down, like 14 or something nuts.
Thanks LG. Wow! 14 8th grade. That is nuts, and scary. :shock:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Paladin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 am You have most of your facts correct, Locos. I was a kid when Diller was coaching. I was 9 in 1953. Diller was a classic sourpuss. Not much personality. Diller either taught P.E. Or also coached Jr. Hi. Basketball as I remember him running the drills that I took part in. My memory is better with Scrivner and Adams, who I played for. Don’t remember a whole lot about him.
No one seems to have much of a memory of Diller. I've gotten tidbits about everyone else. Just funny since he was in town and especially in the school for so long.

Working on setting up a group meeting with his '52 champions (Bob Emerson, Bob Thomas, Buck Inboden and maybe even Eddie Joe Grandy). Also might try to hit up Joe Murtha who might have some insight. Wish Jim Myers were still around.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Myers was the gold standard. Knew everyone. Jim liked me and treated me well. Even wrote stories about me at Rosecrans after I had left Logan.... local boy does well stuff. His Dad Scrappy also knew a lot about most.

While I was young, Emerson, Thomas and Grandy were impressive athletes. Hilltop stars.

Have gun, will travel
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

They looked good against a very strong NY tonight. Totally dominated them up front. And we’re athletic enough to contain the DI kid.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm They looked good against a very strong NY tonight. Totally dominated them up front. And we’re athletic enough to contain the DI kid.
Thanks, Barlow- I just logged on hoping someone would have a report from Nelsonville.

Logan’s strength is up front and at running back. The QB is a great leader and runner - not gonna throw for 300 a game but I think he can help move chains with his legs.

Hopefully will get a look at them next Saturday against Fairfield Union.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm They looked good against a very strong NY tonight. Totally dominated them up front. And we’re athletic enough to contain the DI kid.
Keegan didn't play more than 8 plays tonight. Brandon Phillips (last year's leading receiver) has been out for a month and he should be ready to go this week. We also had a lineman at the fair selling his livestock.
Our line is young and inexperienced. 2 starters back. They are still coming together. They are a hard working group and will be ready week 1.
Nelsonville-York threw the ball a lot more than we normally plan to. That's what scrimmages are for though.
I was impressed with the nice crowd tonight. I love that so many showed up.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Starting linemen at the fair selling livestock. Can’t get more southeastern Ohio football then that lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:48 pm
Thanks, Barlow- I just logged on hoping someone would have a report from Nelsonville.

Logan’s strength is up front and at running back. The QB is a great leader and runner - not gonna throw for 300 a game but I think he can help move chains with his legs.

Hopefully will get a look at them next Saturday against Fairfield Union.
What is the time for Fairfield Union?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

What i saw is that logan nastys ate up NY. Bad thing about that is that trimble nastys r nastier then the chiefs. A lot of wrk 2 do up front for NY. Had sum injuries already not good

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Barber1973 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:10 pm What i saw is that logan nastys ate up NY. Bad thing about that is that trimble nastys r nastier then the chiefs. A lot of wrk 2 do up front for NY. Had sum injuries already not good
NY's first two games will be tough for them. Both very good teams

Return to “Football”