National Letter of Intent NLI Day

Blackjack
JV Team

National Letter of Intent NLI Day

Post by Blackjack »

With NLI day coming up Wednesday Feb. 6th, let's list the players from our area that have signed in the past a full ride to one of the Power 5 conferences (Big 10, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and PAC12) to play football.

I will start with :

Jaylen Prater-Wellston Northwestern Wildcats Big 10

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: National Letter of Intent NLI Day

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson Ironmen - Nevan Yates will be signing with D1 Ohio university

Matt Humphreys has offer from D1 Robert Morris

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Blackjack wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:15 pm With NLI day coming up Wednesday Feb. 6th, let's list the players from our area that have signed in the past a full ride to one of the Power 5 conferences (Big 10, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and PAC12) to play football.

I will start with :

Prater only one I can think of per your set standards, recently anyways.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:25 pm Jackson Ironmen - Nevan Yates will be signing with D1 Ohio university

Poo Bear - either of these schools are (Big 10, SEC, ACC, Big 12 or PAC 12).

I believe Yates is a Preferred Walk-On at Ohio University.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Blackjack wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:34 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:25 pm Jackson Ironmen - Nevan Yates will be signing with D1 Ohio university

Oh I thought you meant kids who signed with any d1 schools

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm happy when a kid from our area signs with any school. Being power 5 or other D1, or 2 or 3 doesn't matter to me as long as they can get a solid education and a chance to compete.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

What’s that mean with acholarisp and walking on? I don’t know how that works

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:41 pm I'm happy when a kid from our area signs with any school. Being power 5 or other D1, or 2 or 3 doesn't matter to me as long as they can get a solid education and a chance to compete.
Agree OB

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Joe Burrow - Athens Ohio State Buckeyes Big 10
Trae Williams - Athens Northwester Wildcats Big 10

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

It's great that any kid plays college football. This is just a list of kids that received full rides from one of the Power 5 leagues.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson has sent 6-7 kids to d1 schools last few years

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Reagan Williams - Jackson Stanford Cardinal PAC12

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson Ironmen
Reagan Williams - Stanford
Elijah woolum - Air Force
Chucky Morris - Robert Morris
Mike benson - Robert Morris
Nevan Yates - Ohio university
Matt Humphreys- possible Robert Morris

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Blaine Scott - Sciotoville West Virginia Mountaineers Big 12

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Instead of typing it out here's a article that explains it perfectly.
https://www.athleticscholarships.net/20 ... alk-on.htm
It's essentially a way for a staff to give higher value to a player without having to hand out the scholarship right away and gets that player working out and learning the program faster. Makes you feel a bit more special, however you are still paying for school.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:25 pm Jackson Ironmen
Reagan Williams - Stanford
Elijah woolum - Air Force
Chucky Morris - Robert Morris
Mike benson - Robert Morris
Nevan Yates - Ohio university
Matt Humphreys- possible Robert Morris
Yates is a preferred walk-on as was his brother Naylan last year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:50 am

It's essentially a way for a staff to give higher value to a player without having to hand out the scholarship right away and gets that player working out and learning the program faster. Makes you feel a bit more special, however you are still paying for school.

These players can also receive academic scholarships as well also correct ? Also I believe some do go on to earn scholarships . I’ve seen some players get full rides who weren’t even the best players on their high school teams. I wouldn’t necessarily judge a players ability on what kind of scholarship they signed . Just my opinion

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:11 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:50 am

These players can also receive academic scholarships as well also correct ? Also I believe some do go on to earn scholarships . I’ve seen some players get full rides who weren’t even the best players on their high school teams. I wouldn’t necessarily judge a players ability on what kind of scholarship they signed . Just my opinion
They can receive an academic scholarship. You are correct preferred walk-ons can earn scholarships getting assigned the preferred status essentially gets them on the 105 man roster and can do spring or summer practices. Where as just a true walk-on has to earn his way onto the roster. Not judging the ability of a player, being preferred is a step up in terms of just being asked to walk-on. However, they're not receiving a scholarship at that time, unless as you stated they're getting something from the academic side of it. I believe it's a way for schools to get players in to see where that player may go, they like them and like what they think they might become. However, the school wants to see that player show it first because they're not 100% in terms of offering him or her a full ride vs someone else they feel more confident about.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blackjack wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:15 pm With NLI day coming up Wednesday Feb. 6th, let's list the players from our area that have signed in the past a full ride to one of the Power 5 conferences (Big 10, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and PAC12) to play football.

I will start with :

I know everyone wants to talk about a power 5 full ride, but when you narrow it down like that it makes it extremely difficult especially in this area to find a player or multi players. There's been plenty of players that go to schools outside of the power 5, and even dipping down into division 2 ball that can get a full ride. Take Easton Wolfe as an example, seen on here where he received a full ride from Southern Illinois, are they in the power 5?? Nope, but they are still a division 1 team that gave someone in our area a full ride and I think that's awesome. Everyone gets caught up in the OSU or Alabama offers but there's SO many more kids that don't get those but do get other full ride offers and I think that is just as good as any Power 5 ride. You get your education taken care of, not to mention if you're not at one of the big Power 5 schools it's less likely you'll be seeing 3-4-5 players coming in each year to compete at your position that are 4-5 star athletes. Look at Burrows and what it took for him to start, as great as he was at Athens he wasn't able to win the job at OSU and went to LSU to become the starter. Any kid that can get a full ride or even partial is a big deal because education is first and foremost and if you can leave college with a degree and little to no students loans you are setup right out of college.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

greygoose wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:45 pm

I will start with :

I know everyone wants to talk about a power 5 full ride, but when you narrow it down like that it makes it extremely difficult especially in this area to find a player or multi players. There's been plenty of players that go to schools outside of the power 5, and even dipping down into division 2 ball that can get a full ride. Take Easton Wolfe as an example, seen on here where he received a full ride from Southern Illinois, are they in the power 5?? Nope, but they are still a division 1 team that gave someone in our area a full ride and I think that's awesome. Everyone gets caught up in the OSU or Alabama offers but there's SO many more kids that don't get those but do get other full ride offers and I think that is just as good as any Power 5 ride. You get your education taken care of, not to mention if you're not at one of the big Power 5 schools it's less likely you'll be seeing 3-4-5 players coming in each year to compete at your position that are 4-5 star athletes. Look at Burrows and what it took for him to start, as great as he was at Athens he wasn't able to win the job at OSU and went to LSU to become the starter. Any kid that can get a full ride or even partial is a big deal because education is first and foremost and if you can leave college with a degree and little to no students loans you are setup right out of college.
Absolutely agree!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”