2019 Wellston Coaching Search

hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: 2019 Wellston Coaching Search

Post by hsfbfan »

2Time wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:07 pm
hsfbfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 pm The site at the high school was recommended at tonight's board meeting. So no renovations of CH Jones Field. Costs of the project will determine whether a new football stadium and track or just track will be built.
Very interesting... gotta feel bad for the seniors that had a schedule decided before a final word was given, going to put some strain on athletic budget in 2019-2020 for Wellston. If I’m wrong great but from the sounds of the schedule was set in stone. Any ideas on that hsfbfan?
The schedule wasn’t determined by whether the project happened this year or not.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

hsfbfan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:27 pm
2Time wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:07 pm
hsfbfan wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 pm The site at the high school was recommended at tonight's board meeting. So no renovations of CH Jones Field. Costs of the project will determine whether a new football stadium and track or just track will be built.
Very interesting... gotta feel bad for the seniors that had a schedule decided before a final word was given, going to put some strain on athletic budget in 2019-2020 for Wellston. If I’m wrong great but from the sounds of the schedule was set in stone. Any ideas on that hsfbfan?
The schedule wasn’t determined by whether the project happened this year or not.
Then what was it based on? Either way a major failure on many levels here in my opinion. Football is a major drive for finances for all sports across WHS. Not to mention the amount of money both the band and Big W boosters are going to miss out on. I'm all for making adjustments but I'm sure we could of scheduled a couple more home games then flipped them if needed. Could be wrong though. Either way I'll still be there to support the team on Friday nights!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

2Time wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:35 pm Well I am being told only 3 home games for the rockets this year due to a "Major" re-design of CH Jones field.... Could be a tough first year for a new coach. I say 4-6 or 5-5 if this is true.
Wellston had 6 home games last season and will have 4 this year. That happens from time to time. I’m sure they’ll get it back to 5/5 within a year or two.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Dundas wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 am
2Time wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:35 pm Well I am being told only 3 home games for the rockets this year due to a "Major" re-design of CH Jones field.... Could be a tough first year for a new coach. I say 4-6 or 5-5 if this is true.
Wellston had 6 home games last season and will have 4 this year. That happens from time to time. I’m sure they’ll get it back to 5/5 within a year or two.
From a schedule I received I am only showing 3 home games. Could of been an error I am not sure.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Change !! Temporary pain for long term gains. This will do nothing but benefit the Rockets future program. Vision is seeing the end of thing, from the beginning.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

What does the upcoming junior varsity/varsity look like this year. Any stand out positions. What was the Jv wins/ losses in 2018?

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

gator81 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm What does the upcoming junior varsity/varsity look like this year. Any stand out positions. What was the Jv wins/ losses in 2018?
The JV had some pretty good athletes. Unfortunately two of the 5-6 I expected to see on Friday nights will not be returning to my knowledge. 1 of them being the Mercer boy (due to knee issues) that really figured it out mid-way through the season at DB including a 4 int game against Athens I do believe. The other was a lineman with very good size with the last name Wilbur.

Besides that, Frisby should challenge for the starting QB spot in all honesty, he looked very comfortable and throws a good ball. The others should all serve in key role positions in rotations. Unsure of the record last year though.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Is it just me, or does this same thing happen every two or three years? Maybe that's the problem. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

koondoger wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:41 pm Is it just me, or does this same thing happen every two or three years? Maybe that's the problem. :mrgreen:

100%

This is a revolving door job and to me , it will always be that.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Wellstons revolving door system continues. Hope to see a long term commitment. The first two years the talent level was up , may have leveled out now. The Rockets may need a new look at the program short and long term .The house is built from the bottom up. The point is, talent is easily coached at that level. When that talent level changes but the coaches only make minor changes to position, game plan per opponent and no half time changes. The win/ loss percentage changes. Remember the house is from the bottom up. Good luck Rockets!!!

Return to “Football”