Mike Eddy Logan High School New Head Coach!

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Mike Eddy Logan High School New Head Coach!

Post by BlizzardMan »

Savage Saturdays coming to Logan in 2019!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:26 pm Let's hope he understands the proud Logan community and the disconnect we've had over about a decade. Just restoring pride, discipline and competence will go a long way. I'm not saying the program is a sleeping giant but it needs a call to arms.
Exactly dazed! Unfortunately under the most recent coach, we really lost a lot of that connection. I’m sure he is a nice guy if you can connect with him. However, I know multiple people who said he wasn’t very personable in trying to engage with. You have to be able to connect as a coach, a mentor, a leader of a program, and a leader within the community.
One of his biggest down falls. He failed to connect with the community. And didn't show any interest in changing that.

AT THE RESERVATION
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Never underestimate new starts or changes when it comes to shifts in momentum. An engaged Head Coach, a new athletic facility, some renewed community and ultimately player interest can be the seeds or a new beginning that is needed. I look for this to be a catalyst for the Chiefs. Wouldn't pay much attention to the naysayers who have seldom if ever gotten a prediction right.

Good luck to Coach Eddy and the Chiefs, when they are competitive it makes for some great match-ups.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:21 pm
Chief02 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:26 pm Let's hope he understands the proud Logan community and the disconnect we've had over about a decade. Just restoring pride, discipline and competence will go a long way. I'm not saying the program is a sleeping giant but it needs a call to arms.
Exactly dazed! Unfortunately under the most recent coach, we really lost a lot of that connection. I’m sure he is a nice guy if you can connect with him. However, I know multiple people who said he wasn’t very personable in trying to engage with. You have to be able to connect as a coach, a mentor, a leader of a program, and a leader within the community.
As long as connecting you mean personable and someone who will make the rounds and chat and get to know people. I think you will be happy.
If by connection you mean want to talk strategy or access to the locker room or influence over who plays. You will be severely disappointed.

But I am telling you he will get to know the history of your program your community. He will get to know people. If he thinks you add a positive influence to what he is trying to build. He will find ways to make you feel apart of it. If he thinks your anything but 100% a positive influence on the team and he is trying to build he will shut you out.

I think you guys will be really happy. But like I said his personality rubs some people the wrong way. They don’t like the fact that he is that hiked up all the time.
I meant the first option svac. Having a personality and enveloping himself in the community will go a long ways.

Jerry from Logan
Waterboy

Post by Jerry from Logan »

I stand by my earlier statements. I think this hire was a reach. Time will tell. I was right last time and I believe time will err on my side again. Dont get me wrong. I want Logan to succeed. But I would have liked it better if it was with me at the helm.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Jerry from Logan wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:51 pm I stand by my earlier statements. I think this hire was a reach. Time will tell. I was right last time and I believe time will err on my side again. Dont get me wrong. I want Logan to succeed. But I would have liked it better if it was with me at the helm.
I see you’re out of the closet Jerry. Glad you came out. That other name you were hiding behind was getting old and is one of the most hated on here. Too bad Logan wouldn’t give you the time of day. Maybe Wellston or Vinton will hire you. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

koondoger wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:58 pm
Jerry from Logan wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:51 pm I stand by my earlier statements. I think this hire was a reach. Time will tell. I was right last time and I believe time will err on my side again. Dont get me wrong. I want Logan to succeed. But I would have liked it better if it was with me at the helm.
I see you’re out of the closet Jerry. Glad you came out. That other name you were hiding behind was getting old and is one of the most hated on here. Too bad Logan wouldn’t give you the time of day. Maybe Wellston or Vinton will hire you. :mrgreen:
Now that is what I call funny :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Will Coach Eddy be required to live in the school distract. Also I hope he will get involved in the community and support area projects! I understand his time will be limited, but just being involved will help the football program! :)

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

LHS 72 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:35 am Will Coach Eddy be required to live in the school distract. Also I hope he will get involved in the community and support area projects! I understand his time will be limited, but just being involved will help the football program! :)
Well I can’t imagine he would take the trek from Parkersburg on a daily basis. So I would think he would be moving.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Coach Eddy and his wife will be moving to Logan. They will both teach in the Logan-Hocking school district.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:30 am Coach Eddy and his wife will be moving to Logan. They will both teach in the Logan-Hocking school district.
Good info. Glad they will be fully immersing themselves into the district.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Good luck to Logan from
Ironmen nation. Excited to be playing again.
We get that IronChief trophy made yet. ?

Return to “Football”