Mike Eddy Logan High School New Head Coach!

LHS 72
S

Mike Eddy Logan High School New Head Coach!

Post by LHS 72 »

Well what do you people think! :roll:

Prime Time
All State

Re: Mike Eddy Logan High School New Head Coach!

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Mike Eddy, I believe a good hire from Parkersburg South. Last year led South to playoffs and I believe 28-34 overall record there.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

When he was at Gallia coaching thought he had a bright future back then. good luck Coach. After 1-9 season last year Chiefs will improve under Mike .

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Not real impressed. He is o.k., but the Chiefs are playing better competition. We will see, but he has nowhere to go but up after a 1-9 campaign. I’ll grade this a C+

Have gun, will travel
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Better than a C

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

What I remember from GA hard nose big on weights !

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Anyone know who the other finalist were ? Frankly, this makes little sense. He has next to nothing on his resume.

I pointed out the poor selection the last hire they made, outlined his poor HC track record and the controversy he made quitting two weeks before season started and yet, they hired him knowing his questionable background. That hire, dumb as it was, appeared to be based on - former Lancaster jock, college player at Akron, assistant at successful Davidson program but a poor HC record. That’s a terrible outline.

I’d love to know the reason(s) they used to select him vs other candidates. I’ll just flat out say it - this appears to be another stretch hire. Not smart at all.

Have gun, will travel
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Paladin wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 pm Anyone know who the other finalist were ? Frankly, this makes little sense. He has next to nothing on his resume.

I pointed out the poor selection the last hire they made, outlined his poor HC track record and the controversy he made quitting two weeks before season started and yet, they hired him knowing his questionable background. That hire, dumb as it was, appeared to be based on - former Lancaster jock, college player at Akron, assistant at successful Davidson program but a poor HC record. That’s a terrible outline.

I’d love to know the reason(s) they used to select him vs other candidates. I’ll just flat out say it - this appears to be another stretch hire. Not smart at all.
Maybe they were impressed with his interview (s), and he felt like a good fit.
Coach Penrod gives this man most of the credit for him becoming the head coach he has become.
Maybe, just maybe they found the right guy.
Maybe next time you can make sure they clear it with you first.

I think he will do a good job. He will get kids out to play and he will have them working their tails off in the off-season.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Coach Eddy will be a great fit at Logan. Parkersburg south was not a good spot for coach Eddy.
A few things I will tell you about coach Eddy by the time he is at your school 12 months everyone will have an opinion on him. No one will be like ehh whatever. He will have his share of haters. Parkersburg south was not a opportunity for coach Eddy to do what he does best. But that is another story.

Some people says he has a big little man complex and that may be true and that rubs some people the wrong way.

But what he will do is bring a locker room together. He will motivate kids to run through a brick wall for him. He will inspire a student body. He will push kids to get every inch of talent out of there body.

He coached at Gallia Academy politics and butting in parents will not be a problem. He will not tolerate it. He will make Logan not only the school team hevwill make sure they are the city’s team the counties team. You will see that the team will be volunteering at a lot of community events supporting a community that they hope will support him.

I can see Coach Eddy using the we are the little old team from southeast Ohio that none of the teams from the central region respect.

He will implement a offense and defense that he understands. After the basics are implemented what the offensive and defense looks onbfield every week will depend on personal and strengths of team.

Your team is going to learn the wing T they will be a wing T team. Even if they only line up in a classic wing T formation like 5% of time.

He is a true head coach he believes in creating a culture and holds by people accountable. Day in day out the coordinators will be huge in the success everyone has to by in. I think this will work well at Logan.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Congratulations Coach Eddy!

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

svac83 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:06 pm Coach Eddy will be a great fit at Logan. Parkersburg south was not a good spot for coach Eddy.
A few things I will tell you about coach Eddy by the time he is at your school 12 months everyone will have an opinion on him. No one will be like ehh whatever. He will have his share of haters. Parkersburg south was not a opportunity for coach Eddy to do what he does best. But that is another story.

Some people says he has a big little man complex and that may be true and that rubs some people the wrong way.

But what he will do is bring a locker room together. He will motivate kids to run through a brick wall for him. He will inspire a student body. He will push kids to get every inch of talent out of there body.

He coached at Gallia Academy politics and butting in parents will not be a problem. He will not tolerate it. He will make Logan not only the school team hevwill make sure they are the city’s team the counties team. You will see that the team will be volunteering at a lot of community events supporting a community that they hope will support him.

I can see Coach Eddy using the we are the little old team from southeast Ohio that none of the teams from the central region respect.

He will implement a offense and defense that he understands. After the basics are implemented what the offensive and defense looks onbfield every week will depend on personal and strengths of team.

Your team is going to learn the wing T they will be a wing T team. Even if they only line up in a classic wing T formation like 5% of time.

He is a true head coach he believes in creating a culture and holds by people accountable. Day in day out the coordinators will be huge in the success everyone has to by in. I think this will work well at Logan.
Thank you for the run down. Sounds exactly like what our school and team needs. I hope he is a person who can bridge to the community like you said.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Sounds like paladin is a hater already. I think this hire will do sum awesome things.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations and good luck to Coach Eddy and the Logan Chieftans, it'll be nice to see their Football program get back on track.

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

Good hire by Logan. Congrats Coach Eddy. Looks like it’s time to get them in the weight room.👍

The voice of the PEOPLE
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

blackraider wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:30 pm Good hire by Logan. Congrats Coach Eddy. Looks like it’s time to get them in the weight room.👍
He did a great job in the weightroom at Gallia. A coach thats willing to invest time in the weightroom with his players is invaluable. Its shows they care! IMO

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I wonder if he still does his dirty dozen. He really formed a bond with those kids.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

I have absolutely nothing against the man. I would want a winner. South and ga both have talent to go over .500 . I am an old die hard SEOAL guy and am really upset we didn’t get a winner. People gravitate to a winner people want to play for a champion. Just don’t know if he is the right guy but he is the guy so what do I know right. I can’t help but feel for my struggling brothers up 93. Good luck and go prove me wrong coach!

The fact that only a couple of Logan guys have replied really show the attitude and don’t seem to enthusiastic and can’t help but think the kids in the halls feel the same.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It wouldn't shock me if Logan ask or Penrod gave his opinion about Coach Eddy. I like a coach that coaches and will do it his way. Time for Logan to listen to the coach and not a few cry baby parents. A few boys should not ruin it for the team.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

First, I’ll support the coach. Enough said.

Now, let’s be honest. He coached at South for 6 years and had a losing record at -6, correct? Looking at South schedule, they should always be .500 or way better every year. The schedule is easy and it is WV, lol. Second, while he had a winning record at GA, it was not glowing as they struggled at a school with athletic players. Finally, he was an assistant coach at a couple of Mickey Mouse WV programs. This is the best Logan could attract as a coach ? Of all the applicants ?

Call me skeptical, but this is as problematic as the last hire. And I called that one out, early. Remind me again how that worked out ? From my point of view, this does not look like a great hire. Remember, you heard it here first.

And now, back to the soap opera.

Have gun, will travel
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good Luck to Coach Eddy! I was disappointed when he left GAHS, but there other considerations in life besides football.
Would love to see Logan on the non-league slate, but seems next to impossible with only 3 contests.

Return to “Football”