2019 Division V Region 19

TOUGH
Freshman Team

2019 Division V Region 19

Post by TOUGH »

How do you think this region looks this year.

I look for the top teams to be in no particular order

Ironton
Amanda Clear Creek
Ridgewood
Columbus Academy
Johnstown Monroe
Bellaire
Martins Ferry

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: 2019 Division V Region 19

Post by ravensfan09 »

What all does Johnstown have back? Clearcreek should have a very nice team.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Ridgewood returns a soph dominated team and their QB who was a frosh was 1st Team all district. Bellaire returns the majority of their team with three players being four year starters. Ferry returns their backfield, QB will be a four year starter

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I agree that Region 19 will be a tough region this year

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Ironton returns almost the entire team from last season

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnstown Returns 6 on defense and 5 on offense, but will need to replace the backfield. I think Johnstown will be really good, but just a notch lower than last year. I would expect them to be able to compete for a regional title. I also am hearing they have some kids who did not play the last couple years coming out.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

From what I’ve heard, Ironton is going to be the real deal next year. Ridgewood will have a sophomore starting at QB that during his freshman year threw for 2200 and ran for 1000. I know Johnstown lost some key seniors but they should remain a power. I’m guessing meadowbrook will be returning to division 4 but even if they stay in 19, they will be way down. Ferry and Bellaire return many starters but not sure much else about them. Clearcreek should also be solid again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd love to see the fighting tigers get a shot at the johnnies again. they have had our number. and we bout got em back last year. but you gotta win the 1st one 1st.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Johnstown will win the region

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

hegotgame wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:17 pm From what I’ve heard, Ironton is going to be the real deal next year. Ridgewood will have a sophomore starting at QB that during his freshman year threw for 2200 and ran for 1000. I know Johnstown lost some key seniors but they should remain a power. I’m guessing meadowbrook will be returning to division 4 but even if they stay in 19, they will be way down. Ferry and Bellaire return many starters but not sure much else about them. Clearcreek should also be solid again.
Did he start for just the freshman team or JV team??

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:35 pm Johnstown will win the region
I don't know about that. The Johnnies lost a LOT to graduation, including the starting QB and both leading RBs. Will be tough to replace all that production.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Question: With the new count does Scioto County get brought back into Region 19?

I mean you will have teams moving up and down could Scioto County get brought back in.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

greygoose wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:18 pm
hegotgame wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:17 pm From what I’ve heard, Ironton is going to be the real deal next year. Ridgewood will have a sophomore starting at QB that during his freshman year threw for 2200 and ran for 1000. I know Johnstown lost some key seniors but they should remain a power. I’m guessing meadowbrook will be returning to division 4 but even if they stay in 19, they will be way down. Ferry and Bellaire return many starters but not sure much else about them. Clearcreek should also be solid again.
Did he start for just the freshman team or JV team??
He was their Varsity starter.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

IMO Clearcreek would have to be frontrunner in this region. Johnstown probably 2, unless Burg moves back to Region 19

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Does Clearcreek return their whole team? I think Johnstown will be similar to Wheelersburg last year. Lost a lot of talent, but have some very top notch returning players including 3 all-state players. The question will be who steps up into key positions and also provides depth. Not sure what the talent gap is between Johnstown and other teams in the region. If you look at the Ironton score you would say they were close in talent to all the teams in the region. If you look at the next 3 games you would think that many teams in the region would have difficulty to compete. Many young teams with a lot back in the region with Ironton, Bellaire, Ridgewood and maybe clearcreek? Can Meadowbrook regroup after losing their coach? What about Martins Ferry? Columbus Academy? Bishop Ready? Oak Hill? Heath? Coshocton? Heath and Coshocton are notorious for going from a struggling season to back in playoff contention the next season. Overall I think this is a competitive region. I think Johnstown could be a team that ends up with a few losses in the regular season, but is a strong contender in the post season if they get enough points to make it in.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:34 pm Does Clearcreek return their whole team? I think Johnstown will be similar to Wheelersburg last year. Lost a lot of talent, but have some very top notch returning players including 3 all-state players. The question will be who steps up into key positions and also provides depth. Not sure what the talent gap is between Johnstown and other teams in the region. If you look at the Ironton score you would say they were close in talent to all the teams in the region. If you look at the next 3 games you would think that many teams in the region would have difficulty to compete. Many young teams with a lot back in the region with Ironton, Bellaire, Ridgewood and maybe clearcreek? Can Meadowbrook regroup after losing their coach? What about Martins Ferry? Columbus Academy? Bishop Ready? Oak Hill? Heath? Coshocton? Heath and Coshocton are notorious for going from a struggling season to back in playoff contention the next season. Overall I think this is a competitive region. I think Johnstown could be a team that ends up with a few losses in the regular season, but is a strong contender in the post season if they get enough points to make it in.
Clearcreek returns most of their team and I agree about Johnstown. A lot also depends on what happens with Wheelersburg and Portsmouth. It could then be Burg, Clearcrrek, and Johnstown. Thats a powerful region.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm
55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:34 pm Does Clearcreek return their whole team? I think Johnstown will be similar to Wheelersburg last year. Lost a lot of talent, but have some very top notch returning players including 3 all-state players. The question will be who steps up into key positions and also provides depth. Not sure what the talent gap is between Johnstown and other teams in the region. If you look at the Ironton score you would say they were close in talent to all the teams in the region. If you look at the next 3 games you would think that many teams in the region would have difficulty to compete. Many young teams with a lot back in the region with Ironton, Bellaire, Ridgewood and maybe clearcreek? Can Meadowbrook regroup after losing their coach? What about Martins Ferry? Columbus Academy? Bishop Ready? Oak Hill? Heath? Coshocton? Heath and Coshocton are notorious for going from a struggling season to back in playoff contention the next season. Overall I think this is a competitive region. I think Johnstown could be a team that ends up with a few losses in the regular season, but is a strong contender in the post season if they get enough points to make it in.
Clearcreek returns most of their team and I agree about Johnstown. A lot also depends on what happens with Wheelersburg and Portsmouth. It could then be Burg, Clearcrrek, and Johnstown. Thats a powerful region.
I can’t see burg or Portsmouth shifting back into 19. But 19 is a tough region regardless this year. Ironton, Johnstown, ridgewood, clear creek and academy makes a tough out of there. Orriville will be the favorite to win state as long as their back is healthy. He’s a legit Big time player that we may see on Sunday. He’s like a Darren sprowels

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

I look for Ridgewood to be in the mix along with Ironton, Johnstown, and Amanda. Never know what CA will bring to the table. If I were to wager I would place Ironton and Ridgewood somewhere in the top 3.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Always a waiting game to see where everyone goes.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Rumors out of the NE region is that that back is transferring to another school. Other rumors are that he might have had some personal problems after the season. There are many rumors around this back such as he never practiced an entire week all season until week 15 and that he attended 0 practices week 14, showed up as the bus was leaving. Didn't seem to have any type of discipline for missing or maybe those practices were excused.

Return to “Football”