2019 DV Region 20

Blitz
Varsity

Re: 2019 DV Region 20

Post by Blitz »

Yes its definitely the odd class. Very good class to be a boy lol. I spoke to AD yesterday. we will be D5

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am Yes its definitely the odd class. Very good class to be a boy lol. I spoke to AD yesterday. we will be D5
So to get back to the conversation in which the topic was intended, who are the contenders for Region 20 this year?

Initially I am thinking CHCA is going to field a solid team this year. From what I heard last year, they were all very young, so having that experience back will be key (although they were smacked by Madison). Any thoughts?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I would think West Jeff should be in the conversation. They field a good team every year it seems

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am I would think West Jeff should be in the conversation. They field a good team every year it seems
That was my next thought. Anyone know what they return?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am Yes its definitely the odd class. Very good class to be a boy lol. I spoke to AD yesterday. we will be D5
Lmao, good class to be a boy in, I’m dyeing.
Good class to be the father of a girl in too, not having so many boys to worry about lol

Really though I just can’t figure out how the AD could know that when, they don’t know the other schools enrollments, or CB. They don’t know where the cut line will be so even knowing what their number will be doesn’t really let them know where they fall.

Only way I can see knowing and it’s still not definitive at that point is if this out going class has far more boys that add to the CB then the incoming class. If our going has a plus 15 then maybe, but I doubt one class makes up half thier CB. Just have to wait and see I guess

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

ravensfan09 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:19 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 am Burg in D5 could win state. Burg in D4, the 5th best team in the region. Burg will have to keep that CB number down
Not so sure about this statement. They won the State Title in D4 in 1989.
Only 5 divisions vs 7 now. D5 now is pretty much what D4 was then.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:29 am
Lmao, good class to be a boy in, I’m dyeing.
Good class to be the father of a girl in too, not having so many boys to worry about lol

Really though I just can’t figure out how the AD could know that when, they don’t know the other schools enrollments, or CB. They don’t know where the cut line will be so even knowing what their number will be doesn’t really let them know where they fall.

Only way I can see knowing and it’s still not definitive at that point is if this out going class has far more boys that add to the CB then the incoming class. If our going has a plus 15 then maybe, but I doubt one class makes up half thier CB. Just have to wait and see I guess
Wouldn’t the AD have enough info to make a pretty good guess? Every time this comes up posters always have burg moving up. One poster a few years back had them moving up all the way to D3

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

He knows a few things we don’t know, thier exact male enrollment, and expected CB, however he does not know what the other schools numbers will be so it is impossible for him to know, unless 15 boys or so left after the band situation, or the senior class had a much higher CB then the freshmen. So yes he has more info, but at best it is still a guess, until the OHSAA sets cut off for divisions.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

This is why I love the administration at burg. They have a problem so solution just get rid of the worthless bandies.

Cut band
Suspend and expell all trash students
=D5 forever baby!

This is what happens when an administration full of red meat eating, MAGA hat wearing, non sissy, football first can accomplish.

D3 is for losers

I like my version better but now we have proof that the board and administration all colluded. Hire the worst person for the male band students. Burg collusion leads to d5! The means no matter how justify the end.
CB < Burg
Last edited by allamericanironman on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 pm This is why I love the administration at burg. They have a problem so solution just get rid of the worthless bandies.

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

This is what happens when an administration full of red meat eating, MAGA hat wearing, non sissy, football first can accomplish.

D3 is for losers
Cold water may be added. CHCA will be a contender but other than that it may be the weakest overall. Burg could have an easy path to another regional. The AD said he thinks burg should be lower than last year. Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 pm This is why I love the administration at burg. They have a problem so solution just get rid of the worthless bandies.

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

D3 is for losers
This is why this board is a lot like our current administration
Just post whatever you want no matter if there’s any truth to it or not
“Make SEOPS great again”.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:52 pm

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

D3 is for losers
Cold water may be added. CHCA will be a contender but other than that it may be the weakest overall. Burg could have an easy path to another regional. The AD said he thinks burg should be lower than last year. Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.
Come on now let’s not bring the truth into it

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

D3 is for losers
Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.
The band indeed wasn’t cut, but it was made clear that they do not value it, as they removed competition band. I’m sure many don’t value competition band, but these students have worked their whole career for it, and to have it jerked away was far from fair.
Imagine if the football coach left right before the season so they decided the team would only play the regular season and not participate in the playoffs? What would the reaction be???

Before someone says they couldn’t find a replacement that could do completions, OU, and OSU graduate kids every year, fine arts are hard to find jobs in, I’m sure they could find someone, and I know Burg Alumni, that would have volunteered to help so they could have kept competition band.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Cut band
=D5 forever baby!

D3 is for losers
Band wasn’t cut, the band director left, he was replaced with a guy that some of the band members didn’t care for.
The band indeed wasn’t cut, but it was made clear that they do not value it, as they removed competition band. I’m sure many don’t value competition band, but these students have worked their whole career for it, and to have it jerked away was far from fair.
Imagine if the football coach left right before the season so they decided the team would only play the regular season and not participate in the playoffs? What would the reaction be???

Before someone says they couldn’t find a replacement that could do completions, OU, and OSU graduate kids every year, fine arts are hard to find jobs in, I’m sure they could find someone, and I know Burg Alumni, that would have volunteered to help so they could have kept competition band.
The administration went into a new direction on their band program but did not cut band. Decisions like this happen all the time. Students actively said their peace and some left. It’s a free country but it was obvious they anted a new direction and some were ok with it.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm

The administration went into a new direction on their band program but did not cut band. Decisions like this happen all the time. Students actively said their peace and some left. It’s a free country but it was obvious they anted a new direction and some were ok with it.
They went in a direction that told the band kids that what they do is less important. They told them that what they are supposed to do is support football, and not have a competition band. This is sad, because I’m sure it wasn’t a funding isssue, they just didn’t value the band attempting to win superior ratings and trying to qualify for state. Or even worse they saw it as a way to gets boys out that don’t play football out to lower the enrollment so they could remain D5.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm

They went in a direction that told the band kids that what they do is less important. They told them that what they are supposed to do is support football, and not have a competition band. This is sad, because I’m sure it wasn’t a funding isssue, they just didn’t value the band attempting to win superior ratings and trying to qualify for state. Or even worse they saw it as a way to gets boys out that don’t play football out to lower the enrollment so they could remain D5.
They are never told they couldn’t compete. They just didn’t want the band playing their competition during football games. Your comment is reaching for something you want to believe in, that burg is a perception of ego which is further from the truth.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

So they were denied practice time at the games? And for what reason??
Also others have said the new director was a show band director not a competition band director so they could not compete. Think OUs band, dancing and all not marching formations.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:16 pm So they were denied practice time at the games? And for what reason??
Also others have said the new director was a show band director not a competition band director so they could not compete. Think OUs band, dancing and all not marching formations.
No. They used football halftime show to practice their competition. I’m just relaying what was told to me but your insinuating that they deliberately cut the competition band to accommodate the football crowd or even worse to balance out CB numbers. Which is insulting in my opinion. The administration has more class than what’s being portrayed on this chat board.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Right didn’t want them to practice their show at half time, therefore denying them the opportunity to practice in front of a crowd and a good surface.
I am just relaying what was told to me by people close to the band. Not insinuating anything about anyone’s class or lack of. All I’m doing is staying what happened, the undeniable facts are they hired a non competition director, they didn’t want them to preform thier competition show at the games, and kids left because of it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 pm Right didn’t want them to practice their show at half time, therefore denying them the opportunity to practice in front of a crowd and a good surface.
I am just relaying what was told to me by people close to the band. Not insinuating anything about anyone’s class or lack of. All I’m doing is staying what happened, the undeniable facts are they hired a non competition director, they didn’t want them to preform thier competition show at the games, and kids left because of it.
No, you are insinuating that the reason the administration made a change was because of football. It was because they went in a different direction from the previous director who left on his own free will. You make this as if it were pre planned.

Return to “Football”