Just one-Rule you want to see change in high school ball

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Just one-Rule you want to see change in high school ball

Post by greygoose »

Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:50 pm
itsme wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:09 pm
Happy McGavin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:37 pm Intentional grounding when outside the pockets. College and pro you can throw it away outside the pocket, time for high school to adopt same rule
Or at least make it a rule to announce it to the crowd before the game
Agreed, it gets old hearing fans yelling he was outside the pocket when intentional grounding is called. I don't know how many times I've turned to ppl and said that rule doesn't apply in high school
I've been listening to the radio and the announcers will make the statement that he was outside the pocket,

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Do away with the coach's box Nazis.
A lot of officials spend more time worrying that a players or coaches toes are out of the box than what is happening on the field.
let the coaches coach and if they are not in the way of a play the officials should concentrate on the field.

People are going to say it's a safety thing----but I coached a lot of years before this was stressed and never saw or heard of an official or coach being hurt.
If you go back to before the sideline Nazi's took over officials stayed on the field and there weren't any problems.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

I agree about grounding. I am guessing it might change in a few years where it is not called outside the pocket.

The kickoff rule will be hard to change in HS since the kicking is usually pretty bad or average at best. It would have to be something along the lines of inside the twenty goes to the 20 and outside the 20 goes to the 35 or 40.

The problem with the coaches box is a lot of high schools have no room on the sidelines for the coaches.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

If I am not mistaken, not only can you fair catch a kickoff, you can also make a legal forward pass as long as you do not make a step after the fair catch.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

Your not down till your touched, like pro.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

traf1 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 pm Your not down till your touched, like pro.
I like this.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:50 pm
traf1 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 pm Your not down till your touched, like pro.
I like this.
I like this one too, but I think NCAA would have to adopt this rule before the high school level would even consider it

Its all in the hips
oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I like high school rules better than college or NFL. I can't think of anything I would change other than maybe tweaking the mercy rule a little.

Return to “Football”