Tyler Gerald

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Tyler Gerald

Post by greygoose »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:52 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:11 pm
blackraider wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:32 pm Was 2nd best lineman on that East team.
Who was better? Blaine?
No way in hell was blaine better. He was good don’t get me wrong but he wasn’t as good as Tyler
At one point I would've disagreed with you and said Blaine was better, as Tyler at East got very complacent as offers came in seemed to try and protect himself he didn't go all out. When he went to IMG though it really changed my impression of him, as it was my understanding he was more than holding his own against those guys in practice and I believe was starting on the line also. So based on the way he was able to flip the switch at IMG I have to go with Tyler being the better player. However, Blaine was no slouch and was nasty from the time the ball was snapped till the time the whistle blew. As far as everyone wishing he would do this or that, he's doing exactly what he wants to do right now, if football was his passion he would've tried to get on somewhere this past season. I don't knock him for that as was stated getting a football scholarships means you just signed up for a 40+ hour week job when you factor in going to school as well. For college players it's almost year round sport at that point.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: Tyler Gerald

Post by ravensfan09 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:51 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:52 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Who was better? Blaine?
No way in hell was blaine better. He was good don’t get me wrong but he wasn’t as good as Tyler
At one point I would've disagreed with you and said Blaine was better, as Tyler at East got very complacent as offers came in seemed to try and protect himself he didn't go all out. When he went to IMG though it really changed my impression of him, as it was my understanding he was more than holding his own against those guys in practice and I believe was starting on the line also. So based on the way he was able to flip the switch at IMG I have to go with Tyler being the better player. However, Blaine was no slouch and was nasty from the time the ball was snapped till the time the whistle blew. As far as everyone wishing he would do this or that, he's doing exactly what he wants to do right now, if football was his passion he would've tried to get on somewhere this past season. I don't knock him for that as was stated getting a football scholarships means you just signed up for a 40+ hour week job when you factor in going to school as well. For college players it's almost year round sport at that point.
I don't have a dog in the fight who may have been better. Facts are that they both were pretty good.

I do believe, however, that sometimes young people make a decision not to play and then life happens and they wish they could have and would have done things differently. He has talent to be a good player at the next level..if he wants to...I have a feeling that expectations were too high and he felt disappointed he couldn't achieve them. I would like to see him go somewhere small and play for him...at his own level...get a degree...and live life with no regrets.

Return to “Football”