Texas schools: 16 game schedule.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Texas schools: 16 game schedule.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

In watching the state finals from Texas again this year, I see Aledo goes 16-0 and it made me ponder the question.
Would this work in Ohio ? I for one would love it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Texas schools: 16 game schedule.

Post by Orange and Brown »

15 games is enough. The playoffs are 50% of the regular season now. No need to add any more games.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah, 15 games is more then plenty, there's such a thing as watering things down to much. I mean for the most part the first round of the playoffs is pretty weak now. Having attendance issues at games now

E High
All State

Post by E High »

This isn’t college where they run these players into the ground to play 15 games

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

On that note E High, look at these parents running these 4, 5 6 7 8 graders into the ground with travel ball, practices lasting 3-4 hours , parents spending thousands of dollars on these travel ball clubs. Its starting younger and younger. When do kids anymore have any time to be kids, instead you have parents contolling and saying if you dont play in these so called travel leagues you will not play in high school, totally out of control, million dollar busines that feeds on itself. Parents living there dreams and putting pressure on these kids. Where will it end a 20 game season.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Prime Time: I agree 100%. I’ve been on this bandwagon for years. SMH. Maybe they can start 3 year old travel teams soon. Wow

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Seems like a few parents start it and drill and drill the kids and if the kids whose parents dont have the money or cant abide by these over zealous parents rules , cant live up to there personal expectations are left out, plus these parents are making sure there own kids play and make the team and then when high school arrives these kids are given a ticket on team. Kinda like a entitlement attitude. I put the time in, so were entitled to be on team over someone that didnt put as much time in. So it comes down to winning is everything attitude and it shows in the younger ones attitudes in general from what Ive seen

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I LOVE high school football. But I also enjoy watching the kids play other sports. 16 weeks plus playoffs is way to much.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

E High wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 am Prime Time: I agree 100%. I’ve been on this bandwagon for years. SMH. Maybe they can start 3 year old travel teams soon. Wow
Don't look now, but Upstate South Carolina has travel teams for age 6 and under coach pitch baseball. Sad thing it is almost a requirement if your child is to have any chance of playing meaningful innings at the next level of competitive little league. Most kids get cut and go to fun oriented "everybody is a winner" leagues to the dismay of many parents.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
E High
All State

Post by E High »

It won’t end any time soon. Mommy and daddy want the athletic scholarship because of tuition cost. Major disappointment for most. Kinda of sad 😞

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Another great point E High, just look at past history of so called super star talent, They spend all there young years playing there sport, parents catering and spending thousands of dollars, some cases other kids in family are left out either emotionaly or finacially because family has spent way, way to much on traveling or just plain sports, then they move to high school where they are the so called super star and colleges look at them and get scholarships. Now here is the sad part, they have been catered and got whatever they want and they last either a year ,if that at the college they chose. They find out they are just a average player at best and end up back in local community after dropping out or moving from college to college and in the end no degree. Back looking for a low paying job in there town or city. These kids cant cope away from daddy and mommy . Whats wrong with these scenarios.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

E High it would interesting to know how that really breaks down, parents goal is get a scholarship, but I would say 60-75 percent cant hack it academically in college, just has been catered to and cant survive the college grind, gets mad after so many games because there attitude is I shouldnt be on the bench and quits and goes home, injurys that sideline there athletic careers and then who pays, College Coachs wont put up with being a me me person and hence the Coach and player doent get along. Daddy and Mommy hovering in background which provides tension for everyone and then player cant cope. E High am I some what close and do you have any more thoughts. So bottom line is let the kids be kids, study, study study and over bearing parents step back take the pressure off these young kids and let them have fun. but people say yea theyre having fun,, LOL dont bet on it.

Return to “Football”