wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg Football Issues Final Statement

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:06 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 am

Spot on Trojan.

Woby this is eating at him. Shedding light is really the only solution to make everything right. I am sure we are not the only two people that think this.

I agree that it’s a shame we have to be guilty before proven innocentBut in the court of public opinion that’s how it is sometimes
Apparently you didn’t read my first statement. OHSAA DID investigate. Wheelersburg and Mosley DID cooperate. In the eyes of the governing body of Ohio high school football, they found no wrong. That’s the only light that needed to be shedded to. Frankly no one else needs an explanation, especially those who won’t believe regardless. The reason it eats at me, is that some people want almost hope for it to be true on the mere fact of what school it is. Paying no attention to common sense of what the accusations are and to whom they are directed to. But your post continues to show that type of insanity.
I was telling you it is eating at your coach not you!
I stand corrected and retract that part of my reply. I apologize for not reading it better.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

In general just looking at , it comes off as a bad look for all involved here. Madison Coach has made a bad look for them and in the big picture just a plain bad vibe from all involved. Sometimes winning at all costs by both teams comes back to each teams fan base and a loss is hard to swallow.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:44 pm To whom it may concern?

Curious as to who all this letter was sent out to, local paper, Facebook, burgfan.com, etc.... who was it intended for?
ohbuckeye 2 you wouldn't be a stat guy for Ironton Boys Basketball would you? Trying to start problems with the Wheelersburg people. How about you stick to doing stats from the sideline seats at the basketball games as well as some radio broadcasting. Sounds like to me your just jealous of the Burg!

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Success brings accusations. All great coaches deal with it. Jealousy and envy can deally bring out the worst in people.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 pm The court of opinion? Lol. People continue to believe when the OHSAA found no wrong in them. Lol what do you think they should do, hold a press conference with Ben spicer, or wnxt? Plead to preps? Posters like raider ball will never believe them, ever. The letter was put on the team’s website
No I would have done a press release like they did, I would have just included what the OHSAA told them, and what all was turned into the OHSAA to prove their innocence.

Redball
Riding the Bench

Post by Redball »

One question I may not be understanding but a lot of you are saying OHSAA did investigate. My reading of the letter says no one from Burg's staff was contacted about any investigation. So was there any investigation at all. Or did OSHAA just decide that these were ridiculous allegations that didn't warrant an investigation?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Redball wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 pm One question I may not be understanding but a lot of you are saying OHSAA did investigate. My reading of the letter says no one from Burg's staff was contacted about any investigation. So was there any investigation at all. Or did OSHAA just decide that these were ridiculous allegations that didn't warrant an investigation?
Good point. They investigated it and that’s probably what they came up with. Regardless OHSAA looked into it and found nothing.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The biggest question is why was Mosley standing on the Madison side by their coaches?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:15 pm The biggest question is why was Mosley standing on the Madison side by their coaches?
He was listening to the Madison coach, then relaying that to the coaches. The burg coaches then used that information and quickly flipped through Madison playbook that they stole from infiltrating the coaches locker room using a pick and a Bobby pin the night before. Once they found the play in the playbook they send it to burgs linebacker who had a wireless headset glued to the inside of the helmet. They did this in a matter of 5 to 10 seconds before Madison could snap the ball. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bloom Carroll did that to us. Well stole all our money in the locker room lol

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Although I don’t believe it happened. It’s not absured to see how it could.
Guy on side line hears 32 trap. He calls it in, press box 2 hole sent to side line, while Madison is sending play, calling play in huddle. Burg holds up 2 fingers or whatever there signal is for 2 hole blitz, LB yells it out Madison snaps ball, Burg is in place to stop it.

No I don’t believe this happened because it’s high school football, and as much as I love it, I can’t imagine wanting to win so bad to do something like that, or even think about it. It is however possible to gain an advantage, they don’t need to know exactly what they are running only where they are going. There is a reason most teams huddle it’s so the other team doesn’t hear, and yes I know lots of teams run no huddle and make calls at the line, but their calls are then not that easy to understand.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 pm Although I don’t believe it happened. It’s not absured to see how it could.
Guy on side line hears 32 trap. He calls it in, press box 2 hole sent to side line, while Madison is sending play, calling play in huddle. Burg holds up 2 fingers or whatever there signal is for 2 hole blitz, LB yells it out Madison snaps ball, Burg is in place to stop it.

No I don’t believe this happened because it’s high school football, and as much as I love it, I can’t imagine wanting to win so bad to do something like that, or even think about it. It is however possible to gain an advantage, they don’t need to know exactly what they are running only where they are going. There is a reason most teams huddle it’s so the other team doesn’t hear, and yes I know lots of teams run no huddle and make calls at the line, but their calls are then not that easy to understand.
The only time Mosley was on their sideline was on the last drive and he was standing in the endzone 25 plus yards away even if their coaches were yelling it would be pretty hard to hear the play calls

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 pm Although I don’t believe it happened. It’s not absured to see how it could.

I know you don’t believe that they didn’t do anything wrong but you keep making up these scenarios that don’t help. For that to happen he would have to be almost right beside him, unless he was screaming it out, which I highly doubt any coach would happen. The closet he got was on their side of the end zone near the press of Madison.

And does anyone realize that the drive in which they accused Burg of cheating was their best drive of the night?
Last edited by wobycat on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Again when does common sense play into this? Never? Maybe I just need to be quiet. It’s very strange how people think.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Perception, most people have there own perception of those events.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm

I know you don’t believe that they didn’t do anything wrong but you keep making up these scenarios that don’t help. For that to happen he would have to be almost right beside him, unless he was screaming it out, which I highly doubt any coach would happen. The closet he got was on their side of the end zone near the press of Madison.

And does anyone realize that the drive in which they accused Burg of cheating was their best drive of the night?
On top of it being their best drive when they did go to a “two receiver wide” set as it was put they had their best play of that drive and probably would of scored had the kid not ran into the official.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

GalliaTribe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:08 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:44 pm To whom it may concern?

Curious as to who all this letter was sent out to, local paper, Facebook, burgfan.com, etc.... who was it intended for?
ohbuckeye 2 you wouldn't be a stat guy for Ironton Boys Basketball would you? Trying to start problems with the Wheelersburg people. How about you stick to doing stats from the sideline seats at the basketball games as well as some radio broadcasting. Sounds like to me your just jealous of the Burg!
Absolutely not lol, I live in Ontario, OH and work in Manfield. I haven't been to a High School Basketball game this year. I was just curious as to who the letter was intended for that's all, not trying to start trouble with anyone. Jealous, absolutely not, I think it's great when any Southeastern Ohio Team makes a long run in the Playoffs.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

bleed_blue wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:52 pm

On top of it being their best drive when they did go to a “two receiver wide” set as it was put they had their best play of that drive and probably would of scored had the kid not ran into the official.
So now we’re offended by hypotheticals, SMh, maybe grow a little thicker skin. What I stated is possible, even though you know the call doesn’t mean it will necessarily stop it so they could have still got their best drive, still have to exicute to stop it.

I can’t believe you’re upset because it’s posible, how dare I defame the Burg by talking about hypotheticals, grow up guys. Burg did nothing wrong, doesn’t mean that it couldn’t happen, or someone else hasn’t tried it.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm

So now we’re offended by hypotheticals, SMh, maybe grow a little thicker skin. What I stated is possible, even though you know the call doesn’t mean it will necessarily stop it so they could have still got their best drive, still have to exicute to stop it.

I can’t believe you’re upset because it’s posible, how dare I defame the Burg by talking about hypotheticals, grow up guys. Burg did nothing wrong, doesn’t mean that it couldn’t happen, or someone else hasn’t tried it.
I’m far from offended haha. Just as you put out hypothetical situations we can put out hypothetical reasons to dispute them. Hypothetically those Madison people that say they heard something could of misinterpreted it as something that it truly wasn’t.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

bleed_blue wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 pm
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm

I’m far from offended haha. Just as you put out hypothetical situations we can put out hypothetical reasons to dispute them. Hypothetically those Madison people that say they heard something could of misinterpreted it as something that it truly wasn’t.
Well it sound like that’s not a hypothetical, but that’s exactly what happened lol.

I’ve always wondered how they even heard him on the phone from the end zone, something about that never made sense.

Return to “Football”