Downs out at Vinton County

koondoger
JV Team

Re: Downs out at Vinton County

Post by koondoger »

Maroon/Grey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:19 pm Million dollar question, do you bring back any old assistant coaches or you try do a clean-sweep?
I think you get on the horn and contact Jack O'Rouke and plead with him to take the job back. Tell him you're sorry for dissing him last time and you're willing to swallow your pride and admit you made a major mistake. Then you roll out the red carpet to him and hope you can lure the state coach of the year back to lead your program and you let him decide who to keep and not to keep. That would be the wise thing to do. But it is VC, and that is what it is. So, I look for a list of catchy names and "proven winners" to soon head the short list. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

If the folks at VC let their pride get in the way too much to contact Jack I think they should follow the CG model of hiring a coach. Let people apply, then write the name of each applicant down on a separate piece of paper. Take the pieces of paper and throw them in a hat. Start drawing names. First pull out 10 names. Then 8, then 6, then 4, then 2. When you get down to the last 2 have a special day set aside to have a public event staged at the football stadium. Sell tickets to the audience for a chance to pull the final name out of the hat. You could make a bunch of money and based on the past several coaches who were chosen at VC this would probably lead to more success than whatever process they've been using. What do you all think? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

That depends on the situation. if downs was let go for conduct unbecoming of a head coach, then sure leave the staff. But if its about performance, and from what the old posts say about off season workouts and not a high level of involvement then it has to fall on the entire staff. and why does the head coach have to take the entire blame. it should fall on the entire staff. Coaches delegate and if the staff isn't getting it done its their fault too. The new coach should do it like Morgan freeman in lean on me. Kick em out, chain the doors and have a meeting saying im the Head Coach in Charge!! "HCIC" That would fix it :)

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:04 pm That depends on the situation. if downs was let go for conduct unbecoming of a head coach, then sure leave the staff. But if its about performance, and from what the old posts say about off season workouts and not a high level of involvement then it has to fall on the entire staff. and why does the head coach have to take the entire blame. it should fall on the entire staff. Coaches delegate and if the staff isn't getting it done its their fault too. The new coach should do it like Morgan freeman in lean on me. Kick em out, chain the doors and have a meeting saying im the Head Coach in Charge!! "HCIC" That would fix it :)
Yep, and I'd bet Jack will do that. But if they don't hire him I say pull out the hat and start drawing names. Don't let that bunch in charge bungle another hiring. You're better off leaving your fate to chance. :mrgreen:

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

koondoger wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:57 pm If the folks at VC let their pride get in the way too much to contact Jack I think they should follow the CG model of hiring a coach. Let people apply, then write the name of each applicant down on a separate piece of paper. Take the pieces of paper and throw them in a hat. Start drawing names. First pull out 10 names. Then 8, then 6, then 4, then 2. When you get down to the last 2 have a special day set aside to have a public event staged at the football stadium. Sell tickets to the audience for a chance to pull the final name out of the hat. You could make a bunch of money and based on the past several coaches who were chosen at VC this would probably lead to more success than whatever process they've been using. What do you all think? :mrgreen:
Plus if you do that you could let the event be called pulling the rabbit out of the hat. The new coachs nickname could be "the Rabbit". Plus tht would let the parent take credit when the new coach starts winning. They could say they pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Koondogger, if VC could’ve given jack enough money to come back, he would be here. The fact is, VC can’t pay him what some other schools can because of the Union contract. That’s the only reason. No pride, no mistakes, no beef. The supplemental pay of being a football coach to go along with teaching, just isn’t enough. Now if the school decided to give the head football coach a 7-10k dollar raise, then maybe it could work. By that isn’t going to happen. There isn’t enough money to go around.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Let’s hear some names .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:20 pm Let’s hear some names .
Go to vcvikings.com Facebook page. We have a poll going on.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Marcus Gaines
Matt queen
Curtis Lindner

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Heard Greg Phillips is interested

Maroon/Grey
Waterboy

Post by Maroon/Grey »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:35 pm Marcus Gaines
Matt queen
Curtis Lindner
Curtis Linder really, hes a great kid but not ready yet. I could see his dad doing it before him.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Maroon/Grey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:35 pm Marcus Gaines
Matt queen
Curtis Lindner
Curtis Linder really, hes a great kid but not ready yet. I could see his dad doing it before him.
“Kid”
He played 4 years of college football , been on Jackson staff for 2 years and is a full Time teacher . Not sure he’s a “kid”

He had great morals , he’s a former Viking , young , enthusiastic . He deserves an interview If he applies

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I've heard "Hutch" or "Dutch" or whatever he's called, I've heard that name from several people from over that way. :mrgreen:

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

I think VC needs approach some of these head coaches at other Ohio division schools and try to steal one away

It will strengthen us and weaken them. Plus if we got the right one maybe he would have some sons who could actually help us on the field

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:27 pm I think VC needs approach some of these head coaches at other Ohio division schools and try to steal one away

It will strengthen us and weaken them. Plus if we got the right one maybe he would have some sons who could actually help us on the field
Now that's an idea I can live with. They could start with Meigs. I've heard they've got a "proven winner" over there, and he's got a pretty good nickname too. I think it's Bart Simpson, or something to that effect. :mrgreen:

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

https://vcvikings.podbean.com/e/the-red ... al-report/

in case anyone wants to here some real facts and not this vandy of a joke nickname stuff :)

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Listening now

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

lugs wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm https://vcvikings.podbean.com/e/the-red ... al-report/

in case anyone wants to here some real facts and not this vandy of a joke nickname stuff :)
Of the 9 names you gave at least 3 are parts of the reason we are where we are now. Why not throw Justy and Joe Bob in there too.

They need to either hire Jack O, or bust out the hat and start drawing names baby. :mrgreen:

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

Justy was an awesome coach. and a stand up guy. had one of best defenses we put on the field in past 20 years one season.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

lugs wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:46 pm Justy was an awesome coach. and a stand up guy. had one of best defenses we put on the field in past 20 years one season.
What was his record? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”