Downs out at Vinton County

Slothman
Freshman Team

Re: Downs out at Vinton County

Post by Slothman »

I know who I would hire ,but we will see . I watched a lot of TVC football this fall all teams at least twice. Vinton County is as talented as anyone,even Athens. So the right guy with support they could be good for a long time .

Blitzkreig77
Waterboy

Post by Blitzkreig77 »

It appears that VC is a basketball school now, football just isnt as important as it use to be back when O'Rourke and Queen were coaching.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Will the new coach nut up and put Jackson on the schedule? Asking for a friend. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Any update on a new coach?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Interview today

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Would to see Travis Bethel get this job. He is a very good coach!

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:06 am Interview today
Who?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Rumor is bethel and O’Rourke getting interviews . Both would be gret choices . If VC gets orouke back look out tvc

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Bethel I can see . . . Jack O'Rourke has to be fairly close to retirement. That would be around 30 years teaching. Vinton County will/can probably pay him for 10 years experience. It makes a lot sense for him to come back to VC and take a 30 to 40 percent pay cut. Don't believe it for a minute.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Da Bears wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm Bethel I can see . . . Jack O'Rourke has to be fairly close to retirement. That would be around 30 years teaching. Vinton County will/can probably pay him for 10 years experience. It makes a lot sense for him to come back to VC and take a 30 to 40 percent pay cut. Don't believe it for a minute.

He has interview Tuesday , maybe he wants to retire there?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hsfbfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:47 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:06 am Interview today
Who?
Me.

Unfortunately my golf and baseball resume of playing and coaching resume of XC, track, softball didn’t win over anyone.

I didn’t get the job.

Maroon/Grey
Waterboy

Post by Maroon/Grey »

Rumor is that a few upper classman might transfer to Wellston if they get the right coach. Kids and parents are upset with a couple school board members and they dont want wellston coaching staff come over to VC. Any truth to this, I don't know. Last couple years it seems that vc school board continue to make bad decisions. If the school board would have listen to parents and kids last year we would not be in this situation AGAIN.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Maroon/Grey wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:53 pm Rumor is that a few upper classman might transfer to Wellston if they get the right coach. Kids and parents are upset with a couple school board members and they dont want wellston coaching staff come over to VC. Any truth to this, I don't know. Last couple years it seems that vc school board continue to make bad decisions. If the school board would have listen to parents and kids last year we would not be in this situation AGAIN.
Why would they transfer to Wellston before they know who Wellston is hiring? I heard Wellston would lose 8 players to Jackson if a certain person was hired for their job...but don’t believe that person was interviewed.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Thus the problem Maroon and grey . Kids transferring because it’s not their way !
Smh

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I would like to ask this question for all those that say Coach O'Rourke has applied AGAIN and has an interview. But first let me say this, I hope he does come back. He is a very good coach and will probably get VC winning again. Here is the question . . . why interview him? I mean, you don't have ANY OTHER candidates that are better than him. Why waste his time? Tell him the financial package you can give him (coaching $$, weight room $$, and teaching salary) and give him a week to decide. You could have had him in place a month or more ago. As I said before, I'll stand by my premise that he can't/won't take the pay cut that will happen coming to VC. If I am wrong, hey you just got a very good coach and I'm like most posters on here with their predictions.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Da Bears wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am I would like to ask this question for all those that say Coach O'Rourke has applied AGAIN and has an interview. But first let me say this, I hope he does come back. He is a very good coach and will probably get VC winning again. Here is the question . . . why interview him? I mean, you don't have ANY OTHER candidates that are better than him. Why waste his time? Tell him the financial package you can give him (coaching $$, weight room $$, and teaching salary) and give him a week to decide. You could have had him in place a month or more ago. As I said before, I'll stand by my premise that he can't/won't take the pay cut that will happen coming to VC. If I am wrong, hey you just got a very good coach and I'm like most posters on here with their predictions.
A better question would be , if you know VC can’t meet your financial demands why the hell apply ? Why waste VC time if you know they can’t pay you what you need/want .

He’s had these talks with VC before about these things . Why apply again ? Makes no sense to me .

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Maroon/Grey wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:53 pm Rumor is that a few upper classman might transfer to Wellston if they get the right coach. Kids and parents are upset with a couple school board members and they dont want wellston coaching staff come over to VC. Any truth to this, I don't know. Last couple years it seems that vc school board continue to make bad decisions. If the school board would have listen to parents and kids last year we would not be in this situation AGAIN.
So they don't Wellston coaching staff coming to VC, but they're willing to transfer to wellston?? Yeah makes sense. :roll:

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Isn’t your retirement based on last 3 years for PEERS PERS?

Don’t know why someone would take a cut in his last few years to mess up their retirement?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 pm Isn’t your retirement based on last 3 years for PEERS PERS?

Don’t know why someone would take a cut in his last few years to mess up their retirement?

No and If VC can get coach O back they better

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:16 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 pm Isn’t your retirement based on last 3 years for PEERS PERS?

No and If VC can get coach O back they better
How do you know he is interviewing today? Seems like a rumor to me

Return to “Football”