Downs out at Vinton County

Maroon/Grey
Waterboy

Re: Downs out at Vinton County

Post by Maroon/Grey »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:35 pm Marcus Gaines
Matt queen
Curtis Lindner
Curtis Linder really, hes a great kid but not ready yet. I could see his dad doing it before him.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Maroon/Grey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm
Matt queen
Curtis Lindner
Curtis Linder really, hes a great kid but not ready yet. I could see his dad doing it before him.
“Kid”
He played 4 years of college football , been on Jackson staff for 2 years and is a full Time teacher . Not sure he’s a “kid”

He had great morals , he’s a former Viking , young , enthusiastic . He deserves an interview If he applies

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I've heard "Hutch" or "Dutch" or whatever he's called, I've heard that name from several people from over that way. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

I think VC needs approach some of these head coaches at other Ohio division schools and try to steal one away

It will strengthen us and weaken them. Plus if we got the right one maybe he would have some sons who could actually help us on the field

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:27 pm I think VC needs approach some of these head coaches at other Ohio division schools and try to steal one away

It will strengthen us and weaken them. Plus if we got the right one maybe he would have some sons who could actually help us on the field
Now that's an idea I can live with. They could start with Meigs. I've heard they've got a "proven winner" over there, and he's got a pretty good nickname too. I think it's Bart Simpson, or something to that effect. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

https://vcvikings.podbean.com/e/the-red ... al-report/

in case anyone wants to here some real facts and not this vandy of a joke nickname stuff :)

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Listening now

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

lugs wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm https://vcvikings.podbean.com/e/the-red ... al-report/

in case anyone wants to here some real facts and not this vandy of a joke nickname stuff :)
Of the 9 names you gave at least 3 are parts of the reason we are where we are now. Why not throw Justy and Joe Bob in there too.

They need to either hire Jack O, or bust out the hat and start drawing names baby. :mrgreen:

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

Justy was an awesome coach. and a stand up guy. had one of best defenses we put on the field in past 20 years one season.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

lugs wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:46 pm Justy was an awesome coach. and a stand up guy. had one of best defenses we put on the field in past 20 years one season.
What was his record? :mrgreen:

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

off the top of my head

2-8
1-9
5-5
2-8

first time we had a .500 team under a coach in 10 years. BUt the kids worked hard. those 4 years were easily our least talented group of kids in years. or since if you ask me. and his schedules were crazy loaded with teams like bloom carroll and of course playing the burrow teams every year he coached. But I get it. I just liked him a lot.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

lugs wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:04 pm off the top of my head

2-8
1-9
5-5
2-8

first time we had a .500 team under a coach in 10 years. BUt the kids worked hard. those 4 years were easily our least talented group of kids in years. or since if you ask me. and his schedules were crazy loaded with teams like bloom carroll and of course playing the burrow teams every year he coached. But I get it. I just liked him a lot.
You think he’ll apply this time around?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

lugs wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:04 pm off the top of my head

2-8
1-9
5-5
2-8

Records are right lugs. Justy and even Nolan before him had the toughest stretch of scheduling in VC football history imo. Waverly, Gallia, Jackson, Point pleasant were just a few of the teams they had to face in the non conference. I liked Justy too. He was always willing to talk football and was a stand up guy.

Koondogger, I’m not sure if he wants back into coaching as the reason he left was for more time at home. I haven’t heard anything around VC about him being interested like I have the others on the list.

The overwhelming “community” choice, per Facebook vote, is Travis Bethel. Travis graduated from VC. Was a part of the last TVC Ohio championship for the Vikings. Played at Union College in KY. Coached at Union short after graduating. Has spent time on the Wellston staff and was on the last Wellston team to ever beat Jackson. He also has applied for this position in the past and hasn’t gotten it. Obviously. Maybe this time could be different for him?

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

sounds like things are on the right track at least. Justy played d1 football Marcus Gaimes played d1 football and almost made the pros, Bethel plays d2 football and has some experience. think we just narrowed it down to 3 guy for you fellas. :)

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:04 am
Maroon/Grey wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm
Matt queen
Curtis Lindner
“Kid”
He played 4 years of college football , been on Jackson staff for 2 years and is a full Time teacher . Not sure he’s a “kid”

He had great morals , he’s a former Viking , young , enthusiastic . He deserves an interview If he applies
Curtis is a great guy! I played against him growing up and he definitely knows the game! Talking with him though, I doubt he even applies.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

if you had to pick between bethel and Curtis wouldn't bethel win by a landslide. the biggest negative to both is experience. Lindner was by no means at the level of athlete Bethel was. and its a huge difference in assistant coaching a d2 college and being the babysitter of Jackson ironman weight room. I just don't think Curtis has the resume yet. I'm sure he is a student of the game. kid was smart in school. But for him to be a head coach is a little early.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Nothing against Curtis, and I haven't spoken with him, but he has a very nice position at Jackson. He is teaching math, just like his father, newly married, and a position on Jackson team that has playoff potential every year. At 25 or 26 years of age, I am not sure that he is ready, or would he think that he is ready to accept a big role like this. He is a very smart young man, he knows opportunities like these will present themselves again.

As far as Travis, haven't spoken to him either, but he has a job that he does a lot of traveling. It is actually a pretty cool job. I also think that he had applied for this position twice before, this would be the third time, I am not sure that he would want to go through that again.

Whoever gets this job, could see success right away, there is a very nice mix of experience and athletic youth. The freshmen and sophomore classes are loaded with talent. Hopefully, they continue to play.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:41 am Nothing against Curtis, and I haven't spoken with him, but he has a very nice position at Jackson. He is teaching math, just like his father, newly married, and a position on Jackson team that has playoff potential every year. At 25 or 26 years of age, I am not sure that he is ready, or would he think that he is ready to accept a big role like this. He is a very smart young man, he knows opportunities like these will present themselves again.

As far as Travis, haven't spoken to him either, but he has a job that he does a lot of traveling. It is actually a pretty cool job. I also think that he had applied for this position twice before, this would be the third time, I am not sure that he would want to go through that again.

Whoever gets this job, could see success right away, there is a very nice mix of experience and athletic youth. The freshmen and sophomore classes are loaded with talent. Hopefully, they continue to play.
Hawk, I have a legit question. Why in the world hasn’t Matt queen been given another chance. He loves coaching , loves football, still lives in town . Is my understanding he has been interested in coming back since he was removed (not his choice)

wildcat76
Waterboy

Post by wildcat76 »

Matt Queen - Program Builder and a Great Coach

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Heard either river valley or south gallias coach wanted the job.

Return to “Football”