Waterboy

Re: OVC WK6 (3-2) Gallia Academy @ (2-3) Fairland

Post by Omaha09 »

Fairland 34-14

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

dont know what to think about fairland. They have played a pretty tough schedule. My thoughts are the Blue Devils will come out with a great defensive game plan against what fairland does best. Then if fairland can adapt and do different things they will have great success as a lot of teams have had offensively against Blue devils. The Blue devils work so much shutting down certain plays and tendencies that they give up some big plays to other people or plays off of plays.

On offense i think the Blue Devils continue to open the offense. Mccellend might of not had the best stats he has ever had in a game Friday night. But he has never played better at QB then he did last night. He made i think one bad throw. And what did he threw to probably 6 different guys. He showed a lot of confidence i just see that continuing to improve.

I guess i think this will be a great game. taking the Blue devils in like a 34-28 game. Blue devils are not the fastest team around and they are going to get beat on plays a few times a game. This is a great team defense. Not a shut down defense.

Think the only way fairland wins this game is if they can shut down the blue devil running game. and make blue devils one dimensional and i just dont see it happening.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Taking the blue boys here

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Keeps rolling Gallia !

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Taking the dragons in this one!

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Fairland is getting better! Along with GA ! Sould be good one on the road for GA!

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Gallia wins and moves on to Coal Grove next week which what could be a HUGE showdown.

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

Should be a good game, high scoring. Dragons by 6 to go 3-0 in the OVC.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Gonna be a war - huge game for the OVC title race.

Blue Devils lived on the edge last week - but got the "W" - the QB has really matured throughout the season and Campbell is a nightmare for teams in the second half. He gets stronger and opposing defenses get worn down.

Still think two losses might still get a share of the OVC title. Lots of parity to my eyes.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Did galia coach use to coach at vinton county? If so how long ago?

jmc
Waterboy

Post by jmc »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:11 am Did galia coach use to coach at vinton county? If so how long ago?
he coached at Alexander

jmc
Waterboy

Post by jmc »

taking GA 28-7 really expecting Gallia to win the league

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Fairland should score more then 7 but we shall see

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
jmc
Waterboy

Post by jmc »

Gallia defense is way to physical and fairland doesn't have the run game to score that defense. Every week players from opposing teams walk off the field with injuries of all sorts. Just look at Meigs' starting and backup QBs. There were injured players on the field left and right against Peak and Portsmouth. Jackson was a different story though

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

jmc wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:27 am Gallia defense is way to physical and fairland doesn't have the run game to score that defense. Every week players from opposing teams walk off the field with injuries of all sorts. Just look at Meigs' starting and backup QBs. There were injured players on the field left and right against Peak and Portsmouth. Jackson was a different story though
I agree and disagree with this statement. What i will say is Gallia Academy is a very undersized team. But interestingly enough they have decided to play power football against a schedule and in a league of finess teams. This is the kind of game everyone in SEOAL used to play years ago. I really think the only team left on schedule that could match them in this style of play is ironton. Even though ironton has became much more of a finess team over the years. It is really hard for a team to switch styles in the middle of a season. because you lift weights different you approach everything different.

Now this does not mean i think the Blue Devils run the table. First because they are undersized and almost every team in OVC has at least one or two faster athletes the defense. Really relies on there keys and blowing up plays before they get started. I really cant believe there is another defense giving up almost 25 points of game that blows up more plays in backfield for a loss then what this team does. But when they dont blow plays up they get gashed they might also be setting a record for a team that is going to have a winning record giving up a higher percentage of conversions on third or more then 10 in history. I would guess teams on third and more then 10 are probably converting close to 50% of time.

offensively i find there game plan super interesting and we may find a team like Jackson big and athletic that this game plan won't work against but i am not sure who in OVC can really stop it. There are not a lot of tricks to it. it is prett straight forward. We are going to set a point of attack. and depending on the defensive front. Blue devils put themselves in a position to block 2 or 3 defensive players, with 3 or4 or sometimes 5 offensive players. And then telling a team if you can stop us from away from point of attack go for it. but we are opening a hole. If defense loads that up. we give ball to motion man or QB runs backside of the blocked hole.

in the pass game i love that we run 3 wide on one side a lot and sometimes 4 when we go empty and then just play catch over on the one on one side. if defender plays up we just run a go route if he plays off we run a quick slant. I think the key to that formation is they rarely put there best receiver on the one on one side. meaning a lot of time they dont get best defender. When they do get best over there and 4 receivers on other side it is easy to get your best guy a little breathing room. Adding that they have confidence in all 5 receivers they send out on a play. If QB can have as good of foot work and touch as he had this past week. That will be very impressive.

now with that being said i think i am saying we have a team that is going to put at least 4 or 5 drives together every week. And defensively great athletes on other side of ball are going to have great plays that lead to a few scoring drives each week. So i dont think they blow out anyone besides south point and a lot of games could come down to just like Portsmouth. If blue devils continue to win turnover battles that will be a big help.

This may be egotistical but the rest of regular season is more about how they play and do then what opponent they play. I have been wrong a ton of times before so i could be totally wrong about this.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Shut down the opponents strength, attack their weakness, and avoid turnovers, preety novel idea. I miss the old time buckle the chin strap , my best six up front vs your best six and lets get it on.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Anticipating a good-hitting, close game again this week.

Return to “Football”