SEOP

Re: FAC Opening Week: (4-1) Jackson @ (2-3) Washington

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson heals up , gets back on track with a 35-14 win

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Agree with that poo. I hope Jackson works on throwing the ball in practice this week. They have excellent Oline and backs. 74 is a load. If they can develop at least enough of a passing game to keep defenses honest it will open up the running game obviously. And the coaches need to have enough confidence to actually call the plays

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson gets the W here

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

Early in the season I thought this would turn out to be a good game! But, as the season has progressed I see Jackson pulling away throughout the game. I'm a WCH Alum but now live in Gallipolis. I will be making the trip to watch this game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson keeps penalties under control and stays close on turnover differential should come back down Rt 35 with a win.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jackson gets back on track

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

victor creed wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 pm Agree with that poo. I hope Jackson works on throwing the ball in practice this week. They have excellent Oline and backs. 74 is a load. If they can develop at least enough of a passing game to keep defenses honest it will open up the running game obviously. And the coaches need to have enough confidence to actually call the plays
Fair enough . Jackson has a nice young quarterback who throws a nice ball. He is a sophomore who the coaches are bringing along slowly. He's only had 5 varsity starts .

Week 1 was against Wellston , always a high pressure game on a Saturday night . Coaches didn't want to put too much pressure on him. Relying on that big line and backfield to grind out a boring win over wellston.

Week 2 played Fairfield union in a monsoon. So more of the same , go hum win.

Week 3 vs Gallia they opened him up some and he made some nice throws . The first half was working on passing . Second half Jackson trucked Gallia on the ground .

Week 4 vs western brown opened up more and he threw some nice footballs . Not much defense from western Brown .

Week 5 bs wheelersburg I think the coaches put the game on the big line again to control the clock and keep the burg offense watching on the sideline . Did it work ?? Meh , maybe for a while but wheelersburg just to much for Jackson. No shame in that loss. No reason to melt down and pass blame and create unneeded drama . 10 weeks of football is hard enough.

I think you'll see Jackson open up the playbook more and more as they season goes on. Putting the quarterback in high completion situations.

Have zero doubt that Jackson will have a good quarterback for the next 3 years .

Go Ironmen !!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good post poo

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Yes, great post, Poo Bear.

No need to panic after losing to a great Wheelersburg team. They'll make a deep run in the D5 playoffs, and might even win the whole thing.

WCH is a dangerous game, in my opinion. I think Jackson is the better team, but they need to avoid the hangover after last week's loss. If they come out and play well, I think they'll be fine. However, if they start a little slow, WCH could make a game of it.

Hopefully the Ironmen can get back on track, get the offense rolling again, and start FAC play off with a big win.

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

ironman02 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:34 pm Yes, great post, Poo Bear.

No need to panic after losing to a great Wheelersburg team. They'll make a deep run in the D5 playoffs, and might even win the whole thing.

WCH is a dangerous game, in my opinion. I think Jackson is the better team, but they need to avoid the hangover after last week's loss. If they come out and play well, I think they'll be fine. However, if they start a little slow, WCH could make a game of it.

Hopefully the Ironmen can get back on track, get the offense rolling again, and start FAC play off with a big win.
WCH can be a sneaky team......for several years they haven't been much in the last couple of seasons they have started making progress in the right direction. being a WCH alum I'm excited for them to be improving. Jackson should be fine.......they'll just have to not make mistakes, WCH does have the players to beat Jackson.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

If jackson plays Jackson ball and feeds mccoy they win

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:09 am
victor creed wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 pm Agree with that poo. I hope Jackson works on throwing the ball in practice this week. They have excellent Oline and backs. 74 is a load. If they can develop at least enough of a passing game to keep defenses honest it will open up the running game obviously. And the coaches need to have enough confidence to actually call the plays
Fair enough . Jackson has a nice young quarterback who throws a nice ball. He is a sophomore who the coaches are bringing along slowly. He's only had 5 varsity starts .

Week 1 was against Wellston , always a high pressure game on a Saturday night . Coaches didn't want to put too much pressure on him. Relying on that big line and backfield to grind out a boring win over wellston.

Week 2 played Fairfield union in a monsoon. So more of the same , go hum win.

Week 3 vs Gallia they opened him up some and he made some nice throws . The first half was working on passing . Second half Jackson trucked Gallia on the ground .

Week 4 vs western brown opened up more and he threw some nice footballs . Not much defense from western Brown .

Week 5 bs wheelersburg I think the coaches put the game on the big line again to control the clock and keep the burg offense watching on the sideline . Did it work ?? Meh , maybe for a while but wheelersburg just to much for Jackson. No shame in that loss. No reason to melt down and pass blame and create unneeded drama . 10 weeks of football is hard enough.

I think you'll see Jackson open up the playbook more and more as they season goes on. Putting the quarterback in high completion situations.

Have zero doubt that Jackson will have a good quarterback for the next 3 years .

Go Ironmen !!!
They may have one for the next 6 years. If the rumors are correct another good one may be transferring in.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson wins......they will bounce back and make a run for the play-offs.

As for the QB situation there is more than just a few years of a stud QB.......there maybe another transferring in but rest assure there's an 8th grade in house football group that has more then its fair share of star power and will be super fun to watch when this group is at the next level. With stars at every position! including a QB that must be thrown into the equation at some point. this 8th grade group is FOR REAL

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ok Washington people where is a good place to grab some pizza or wings and an ice cold adult beverage before the game?

Also, as I recall the stadium is in a residential area, any parking recommendations?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Would not be suprised if jackson steals a couple players from area teams

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:24 pm Would not be suprised if jackson steals a couple players from area teams

What's the free agent market look like 87?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:24 pm Would not be suprised if jackson steals a couple players from area teams
Does Jackson have the cap room for free agents?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 pm

What's the free agent market look like 87?
Im not even sure. Jackson fans be like we do not recruit. I call horsesh$$ i have seen it happen. Gotta remember i came up in wellston with friends. Had one friend working and the coach came to his job lol

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

But thats been 13 years ago roughly

Return to “Football”