Minford(6) @ (50)West

Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Minford(6) @ (50)West

Post by Volunteer »

First week of SOC play, West keeps rolling

The Flash
Varsity

Re: Wk 6 Minford (3-2) @ Portsmouth West (5-0)

Post by The Flash »

Don’t know what Minford has but should be West by a lot

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Wk 6 Minford (3-2) @ Portsmouth West (5-0)

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think west pulls this out.
I think it will be close in the first half.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Re: SOC2 Opening Week (3-2) Minford @ (5-0) West

Post by BurgGrad6 »

West should win by a few scores.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Seen West 3 times lol, they are legit. Great offensive team. Raceland was gassed last night due to the West line just pounding and them boom hit them with a good screen.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

west by as much as they want

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:21 pm west by as much as they want
Minford is vying for last place. Don't be surprised if West shuts them out.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Believe west wins (hear that west thumpers) but believe minford keeps it close until half.west 31-14

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

West goes to 6-0 keeps the train rollin!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford has some explosive athletes that can take it to the house at anytime, but can they hang with the physical play of West? That's going to be the story here. The track-meet at Nelsonville York, Minford showed they can score points, but the O/D-lines looked weak and were getting pushed back into the LBs and it was almost a 1st down before anyone got a hand on the offensive back. If Minford cannot control the line of scrimmage and become more physical in the trenches, then West will pull away in the 2nd-half like they did against Portsmouth.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

West by 21

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West is a very physical football team. You wouldn't think that because they aren't very big at the skill positions. But they play so hard. The line blocks with precision and the backs run extremely hard. Posts from Raceland fans after the game said West is the most physical team they have played in at least the last 5 years. Raceland is a good football team and on a neutral field that game isn't close.

The defensive line is very good. They are big and fast. If Minford cannot establish a run the quarterback will be running for his life the whole game.

PoundWESTpound
Waterboy

Post by PoundWESTpound »

Really impressed by the team so far. What a difference in this group compared to the last couple of years. I was actually worried about the program after the dismal season we had last year. The Batavia loss was one of the worst losses I've ever seen West take. A lot of the same kids played in that game that's playing this year. I can't figure out how they could turn it around that fast. I want to commend Coach Johnson on the coaching job he's done this year. This has been the best coaching job I've seen him do at West including the first year team who he made winners. What amazes me about this team compared to them is they don't have the physical size or strength as the first team but these guys just play with a chip on their shoulder compared to last year. It's been a blast watching these guys play. Let's keep the train rolling.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:23 pm Really impressed by the team so far. What a difference in this group compared to the last couple of years. I was actually worried about the program after the dismal season we had last year. The Batavia loss was one of the worst losses I've ever seen West take. A lot of the same kids played in that game that's playing this year. I can't figure out how they could turn it around that fast. I want to commend Coach Johnson on the coaching job he's done this year. This has been the best coaching job I've seen him do at West including the first year team who he made winners. What amazes me about this team compared to them is they don't have the physical size or strength as the first team but these guys just play with a chip on their shoulder compared to last year. It's been a blast watching these guys play. Let's keep the train rolling.
Great post
Coach Johnson is a really good football coach. He has a really good staff too with alot of them having head coaching and college experience. You see player development individually and as a team. This isn't a one year thing. West will be good going forward.

PoundWESTpound
Waterboy

Post by PoundWESTpound »

Isn't it the same staff minus his father. Must have had a real gut check moment after last season cause there were rumblings that he was on a short leash and rightfully so after last couple of seasons. Good way to respond though.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No they picked up Jared Pendelton, Trevon Pendleton and Todd Guilliland. He was head coach at East and is a really good line coach.

Dan Johnson is probably still involved in some capacity. He was around for camp.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

West takes this one.

PoundWESTpound
Waterboy

Post by PoundWESTpound »

Didn't realize there was that much change amongst the coaches. They must have found the missing piece cause this doesn't even look like the same team. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds.

Had a guy at grocery store today tell me They have never seen a team come out of nowhere and be as good as west is this year. Usually in Southern Ohio it's a gradual improvement or it's consistent.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Injuries had alot to do with the record the last couple years. You can't have that many significant injuries and expect to be good. Still I think West lost 4 games last year by a total of 15 points.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm Didn't realize there was that much change amongst the coaches. They must have found the missing piece cause this doesn't even look like the same team. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds.

Had a guy at grocery store today tell me They have never seen a team come out of nowhere and be as good as west is this year. Usually in Southern Ohio it's a gradual improvement or it's consistent.
This team hasn't come out of nowhere. The upper class men have been solid all the way back to peewee ball. They have just run into some injuries at the high school level. Its really good to see them healthy this year.

Return to “Football”