Game Report: Cleveland Rhodes 58 Cleveland John Adams 26

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game Report: Cleveland Rhodes 58 Cleveland John Adams 26

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Yesterday I ventured to Cleveland to catch my first ever Senate league game and when all was said and done, the game was as one-side as the drive was long. Rhodes (3-2) would score 38 points in the 2nd quarter, in route yo a 58-26 win over John Adams (0-5).

clevelandmetroschools.org had the game site being at John Adams high school, so I logged the address as headed there,only to find out the game was being played at the Collinwood home field. I have to thank the police officer, who was stationed inside John Adams high school for letting me know this and wanted to give a big shout out to the nice students, who let me know where to enter the school and who to talk to.

Rhodes wasted no time lighting the scoreboard up, on the opening kickoff Jordan Bost-Floyd raced 75-yards to put the Rams up 6-0. A two-point try failed.

The Rams defense would record a sack, when Dimiti Miles got to John Adams quarterback Robert Ramsey Jr. for a 11-yard loss, with 9:42 left in the opening quarter. The drive went down hill from there and a fourth down pass was incomplete, turning the ball over to the Rams.

Jayvon Benton would pick up a first down for the Rams with a 13-yard run, with 8:19 left in the quarter.
he drive ended at the 6:59 mark of the quarter, when Jayvon Benton raced 51-yards for a score, to make this 12-0.

The Rams had the ball back again and with 5:49 left in the fast moving opening quarter, Benton picked up 14-yards in a nice run.
With 3:23 left the Rams went up 18-0, after Jaytawn Lane hauled in a 8-yard touchdown pass. Floyd converted a two-point run to make this a 20-0 game.

On the ensuing kickoff Reshaun Brown Jr. would fumble the ball and recovering it for the Rams was Benton, with 3:16 showing on the clock. On the first play after the fumble the Rams Benton fumbled the ball and making the recovery for John Adams was Deuanta Taylor, at the 10-yard line. He would scoop the ball up and take it all the way to the Rams 2-yard line, with 2:52 left in the quarter.

Robert Ramsey Jr. would score from two yards out to put John Adams on the board with 2:43 left, making this a 206 game.

The Rams made this a 28-6 game, with 9:19 left in the half, when Benton scored from a yard out and then he completed a two-point run.
The drive lasted for 5-plays and totaled 55-yards.

The Rams would score again less than two minutes later when Delvonte Bost-Floyd picked off a John Adams pass and take it 87-yards for the score. A two point conversion failed, leaving the score 34-6.

The half had 7:02 left when Richard Monday of the Rams picked off a Ramsey Jr. pass, giving the Rams a first and ten at the John Adams 28-yard line. The Rams defense was having a field day in this one, as they could do no wrong.

The Rams looked to have a 28-yard touchdown run by Paul Farmer, with 6:23 left but a holding penalty was called taking the score off of the board. A little over a minute later Farmer would connect with Dimitri Miles for a 18-yard score. Miles was wide opened in the middle f the field and the pass was right on the money. A two-point conversion run by James Lanford was successful and this was a 42-6 game.

Ternell Jones would get to the John Adams ball carrier Reshaun Brown Jr, for a 5-yard loss, with 3:41left in the half. The defense continued to be stout and got the ball right back to its potent offense a short time later.

Benton would go right up the gut of the John Adams defense for a 36-yard score, with 2:21 left in the half.Lanford made the two-point conversion try a successful one and this was a 50-6 game, with 2:21 left in the half.

The LICKING COUNTY FAN PLAYER OF THE GAME JAYVON BENTON would make this a 56-6 game, when he took an interception 52-yards for another Rams score. Farmer made the half time score 58-6, when he converted a two-point run.

With a running clock during the third and fourth quarter, John Adams somehow found some offense.
With 10:19 left in the third quarter,Johnny Cullins went 60-yards to take the ball to the Rams 2-yard line. Then with 8:25 left in the quarter,Rmasey Jr, went a yard for a John Adams score. After a failed two point try, the score remained 58-12.

With 10:47 left in the game Reshaun Brown Jr, recovered a Rmas fumble giving John Adams a first and ten on the Rams 35-yard-line.
John Adams needed just 3-plays to go the 35-yards needed to get another score. The scoring play was a Ramsey Jr. 11-yard pass to Juruan Hardin, with 7:41left in the contest. Ramsey Jr. complete a two-point conversion pass to Kendale Ware, to make this a 58-20 game.

The final score of the game came when Brown Jr. scooped up a Rams fumble return it for a 40-yard touchdown, to make the final score 58-26 Rhodes.

VERY UNOFFICIAL STATS
JOHN ADAMS
38 PLAYS
97 YARDS
PASSING 7-22 4 INT'S

RHODES
37 PLAYS
245 YARDS
PASSING 4-9 1 TD

(I PUT THIS ON HERE AS I ALWAYS DO, FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO READ ABOUT GAMES FROM OUT OF THE AREA)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Game Report: Cleveland Rhodes 58 Cleveland John Adams 26

Thanks to the over 60 posters who read this one.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Crazy another team held under a hundred yards

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

This one was ugly. Not from effort, it was ahuge gap in talent level. CR should go 7-3.

Return to “Football”