Coal Grove(19) @ (14)Portsmouth

Matt77
Varsity

Coal Grove(19) @ (14)Portsmouth

Post by Matt77 »

Should be a good matchup. Coal Grove is really finding its place in the OVC under new head coach Evan Ferguson, Portsmouth is trying to find its rhythm without Parker.

I got Coal Grove in this one. That defense has really been playing well the last couple weeks.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK 6 Coal Grove (4-1) @ Portsmouth (2-3)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I'll take the grove by a couple scores.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

coal grove and gahs appear to be the front runners in the ovc right now. I say the grovers win this one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

Coal grove should win easily but it’s high school football anything could happen Portsmouth has mediocre athletes at best even with Parker Portsmouth has a very weak line OVC is a very weak conference

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Coal Grove by a couple touchdowns. Coal Grove vs. Gallia could decide the conference

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would agree there flash. don't fall asleep on the tigers yet as they come to the meat of their league schedule. but this may be the year a diff'rent Lawrence county team, or a Gallia academy team wins it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Love how people always get that OVC is weak shot in there. SOC except for the exception of Burg and West is pretty weak too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've said for years these 2 are mirror images of themselves. I actually think they are dead even depth wise. I have also said it would be awesome to combine them into a super conference. the ovc teams in one division, the soc teams in the other. and have alternating league schedules. the ovc is weak overall at this point. I looked for ironton, Chesapeake, rock hill, and Portsmouth to be better than they currently are.didn't really know much about gahs , coming in with a new staff.and we knew fairland and south point had been down for years. and coal grove is always very consistent.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I dont know who all . Portsmouth may of lost Friday night for this coming week. But if they can get back to just being as healthy as they were at beginning of game. They will give coal grove all they want. If Portsmouth lost no extra kids this week I am taking Portsmouth in this one like 35-34

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Parker is back and he is a stud.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:26 am Parker is back and he is a stud.
He is absolutely a stud. you could tell he wasn't 100% but man what ever percent he was is still pretty special. Hopefully he didn't get too banged up and is good to go this next week. If that kid can play out rest of season at least as healthy as he was Friday Portsmouth will be hard for anyone else on there schedule to beat.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: OVC WK6 (4-1) Coal Grove @ (2-3) Portsmouth

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Portsmouth 31-28

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth defense us going to have to show up if this teams expects to win games,you can't keep putting your offense in the hole ,will be good to get back home and get Parker on the turf hopefully he is back to 💯 percent and take some of the load off kelley

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

If Coal Grove plays with the same line up they played against West they should win this game

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

just cany give up 36 points and expect positive results, if we play defense we can win out, if we don't......Go Trojans

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

Hoping the Trojans can beat CG but I'm skeptical........they're really going to have to play good defense!

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

Portsmouth has to win the line of scrimmage to win this game which will be a tall task for a mediocre line at best CG will be physical

Latest rankings show only a 7% chance of them making the playoffs if they win out but won’t see that happening thats the chance you take when you soften your schedule

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Football fan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 pm Portsmouth has to win the line of scrimmage to win this game which will be a tall task for a mediocre line at best CG will be physical

Latest rankings show only a 7% chance of them making the playoffs if they win out but won’t see that happening thats the chance you take when you soften your schedule
think you misunderstand the rank. right now they have a 7% chance of making playoffs. if they win this week it goes to 17%. if they finish 7-3 it jumps to 93%. So yes they have a long hall t win out. But if they win out they would have a pretty good chance

As far as physical goes think Portsmouth may be a little less physical but unless coal grove is faster then i think. speed will win this game.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 pm
Football fan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 pm Portsmouth has to win the line of scrimmage to win this game which will be a tall task for a mediocre line at best CG will be physical

think you misunderstand the rank. right now they have a 7% chance of making playoffs. if they win this week it goes to 17%. if they finish 7-3 it jumps to 93%. So yes they have a long hall t win out. But if they win out they would have a pretty good chance

As far as physical goes think Portsmouth may be a little less physical but unless coal grove is faster then i think. speed will win this game.
Just watch out as Parker gets healthier.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

OVCfanatic wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:39 am Love how people always get that OVC is weak shot in there. SOC except for the exception of Burg and West is pretty weak too.
There is a reason for that. The OVC is 2-7 vs SOCII if you add in SOCI schools their record jumps to 4-8. It is like that most years that is why. That being said I think the OVC is on the up swing and is becoming a more competitive league. They have some good teams this year hope it continues that way.

Return to “Football”