Ironton(40) @ (28)Chesapeake

Matt77
Varsity

Re: OVC WK6 (2-3) Ironton @ (3-2) Chesapeake

Post by Matt77 »

Chesapeake just doesn't have the experience or speed to compete. Ironton will win by 2 or 3 scores I think.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I hope this is the last 5 games with this Ironton staff.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I don't understand why some of you, want a coaching change at Ironton, theirs no one out there for you guy's to get. You would have to go away from this area to find someone, and then they might not be the answer.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 pm I don't understand why some of you, want a coaching change at Ironton, theirs no one out there for you guy's to get. You would have to go away from this area to find someone, and then they might not be the answer.
What do you mean no one out there to get!

He has taken a top notch program and turn it into the family affair. There would be application from all over the area and there are some local people that would be interested in the job. I have spoken to a least 3 former coaches that would have interest in the job and they all are Ironton alumni.

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

If Chesapeake has Fletcher I’d take them, but I think Ironton will win this one.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

get em peake down go's the mighty ironton.. I really see ironton winning this

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT LEGEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Block, tackle and take care of the football. How many times have we heard this. The team who does that will win this game. Don't count the Panthers out at home. Tigers should be favored but you never know which team will get off the bus.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Ironton 35 Peake 14. The Peake offense is sputtering at best right now. Ironton D is slow but they seem to be well coached. Without Fletcher Chesapeake cant out-athlete the tigers.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Heard Chesapeake made a QB change. Any truth to this?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

After watching Ironton practice it is amazing that they have won a game. I watched Wheelerburg practice it look like a college practice compared to Ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RiverRatRay wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:35 am Block, tackle and take care of the football. How many times have we heard this. The team who does that will win this game. Don't count the Panthers out at home. Tigers should be favored but you never know which team will get off the bus.
great to see you on here my dear friend. wonderful infact. and you are absolutely right fundamental football can win or lose a game.
that's why coach lutz hammered it and hardwired it into our brains.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Game day wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:22 pm After watching Ironton practice it is amazing that they have won a game. I watched Wheelerburg practice it look like a college practice compared to Ironton.
at cain't be good.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

This one is a coin flip 21-20 either way

tkd325
Waterboy

Post by tkd325 »

The Flash wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:53 pm Heard Chesapeake made a QB change. Any truth to this?
Yes, they pulled Browning from QB after the CG game or at least for now

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I am taking Peake.

Social media in Lawrence County will be on fire Friday Night about 11PM.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm takin the fighting tigers to get some wounds licked up n scabbed over to come out and have a fairly impressive ground game. the tigers can't afford to take another on the jib if there is any hope of a sniff at all of a league title or possible playoff berth. they still are the reigning ovc champs 2 years running and will get everybodies top effort.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:49 pm I'm takin the fighting tigers to get some wounds licked up n scabbed over to come out and have a fairly impressive ground game. the tigers can't afford to take another on the jib if there is any hope of a sniff at all of a league title or possible playoff berth. they still are the reigning ovc champs 2 years running and will get everybodies top effort.
PLAYOFF'S WE'RE TALKING PLAYOFFS?

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I'll say this SP actually played with Ironton the first quarter and made them punt a couple times. With no subs I was impressed SP had 11 kids playing practically both ways with little substitutions. Being down by 7 was a moral victory. I said at the end of tve quarter its going gi downhill once the fatigue sets in.I do not think Ironton will win the rest of their games but this one might be an option. It'll be close either way.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I guess I agree with some of what you are saying but if I had of been Ironton I would have lined up in their old T and run #44 and South Point would have needed all 11 and whatever they could muster from the bench to stop him. That dude was hard for them to stop when Ironton gave him the ball. A man among boys. I don't think they put moral victories in the win column in the OVC.

Return to “Football”