West overrated

Nut
Riding the Bench

West overrated

Post by Nut »

Do you think west is overrated? No way in hell they are Burg caliper.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: West overrated

Post by Crab's Brother »

Nut wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 am Do you think west is overrated? No way in hell they are Burg caliper.
I honestly don't know if anyone is "Burg's caliper".

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Based only on 7-7 west has some nice athletes. Good speed in the back half on def but in no way are they close to burg. I don't think i would say they are overrated. If ppl are saying they are on that level then those ppl are delusional. But they are a very nice team.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

West is good enough to be 4-0 right now.

I thought the Fairland win was a good one but now Fairland is 1-3. But 2 of those losses were to Ironton and Waverly. I was impressed with the win over Portsmouth and the way they came from behind, but then Portsmouth nearly loses to Rock Hill. Rock Hill lost their main RB in week 1 vs Minford.

So really.........

Who knows at this point. That is why there are 10 weeks of football and not 4.

In Southern Ohio there really is Burg and everyone else. Maybe West is a team that could force Burg into a couple turnovers and pull it off. As of right now I say that wouldnt happen.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 am West is good enough to be 4-0 right now.

I thought the Fairland win was a good one but now Fairland is 1-3. But 2 of those losses were to Ironton and Waverly. I was impressed with the win over Portsmouth and the way they came from behind, but then Portsmouth nearly loses to Rock Hill. Rock Hill lost their main RB in week 1 vs Minford.

So really.........

Who knows at this point. That is why there are 10 weeks of football and not 4.

In Southern Ohio there really is Burg and everyone else. Maybe West is a team that could force Burg into a couple turnovers and pull it off. As of right now I say that wouldnt happen.
Fairland beat Ironton... Have you not heard the protests? LOL

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Nut wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 am Do you think west is overrated? No way in hell they are Burg caliper.
Burg don't have a caliper, they have no brakes. Lol.

But they are a higher CALIBER team, yes.

West overrated? Not like Chesapeake was. I think West is on their up swing right now. They are going to continue to get better over the next couple years. We will find out about West Friday night. If they win against Raceland I would say they are not Overrated. Even if they lose in a close game. I don't think they are the level of Burg by any means. But they can definitely spoil someone's season come week 11.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

just because they're not on burg's level doesn't mean their overrated the pirates are just on a whole nother level! west seems like a real good soc / scioto county team for sure, but burg is just on a different level than any team around

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

burgpirater wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 am just because they're not on burg's level doesn't mean their overrated the pirates are just on a whole nother level! west seems like a real good soc / scioto county team for sure, but burg is just on a different level than any team around
Agreed.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West is a good team. There is a bunch of good players that are hard nosed, well coached, and play well together. There are no great individual players on this team. They seem to be buying into what the coaches are selling and play with great chemistry. They are fun to watch.

Raceland, Waverly, Wheelersburg will all be tough games. They may win them all or loose them all, but these guys will be ready and compete.

Good thing is alot of the skill players on this team are underclassmen and West subs alot during the game. They will be really good going forward.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

West is not overrated. The Senators are possibly the second most complete team in the SOC 2. I give them a slight edge over Waverly due to having what I perceive as a better defense. Make no mistake however, Wheelersburg is in a class by themselves in the SOC. Everyone else is vying for second place.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It depends on ones definition of overrated.
They seem like a pretty good football team.
I don't think anyone has declared them a state power so I'd say no they are not.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I went to the West-Fairland game and they looked pretty comparable to Fairland, pulling it out by 2 points in the end.

They are definitely on the upswing and hoping they are 9-0 when they play Burg... And hoping Waverly is 7-0 when they play Burg.

From what I saw in the game, West is much improved, but will have a long night against Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What a dumb thread.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

^^^^^AGREED^^^^^

bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

I have seen them play 2 games, and they are not overrated ! Wheelersburg is not on the same level but West is really good this year !!

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

We have several good teams in our area this year and one great team...there is a considerable difference between those types of teams. Nothing to be ashamed of to be one of the good teams because we all know programs that wish that they were good. West has a good team this year and will continue to have success.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I have not read all the replys. But i will input this overrated no a 2-3 loss team yes with burg and waverly to come west could beat waverly and come in at 9-1

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
PoundWESTpound
Waterboy

Post by PoundWESTpound »

I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night where West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm I don't understand how everyone thinks Wheelersburg is on another level. They are a very good football team but there not the greatest to play around here. Also yes last week was a big win against Watterson but Watterson was 3-7 last year and got pummeled in a few games. Look at what Hartley did to them. That would make them what Chillicothe if you compare scores. I don't think Chilli is a serious state contender in D3. Also, look at game last year vs burg. West played them tough lost by 10 in a hard fought game. West returns more than Wheelersburg. So to say they are on a different level is a little premature. West also played Burg in a jv game the other night where West was predominately Freshman and Burg played at least one senior who plays special teams on Friday night along with multiple juniors and about won the game. They scored on west with a hook and ladder right before the half. The final was 12-8 Burg. So don't be surprised if they get challenged by West this year.
Nice first post. But burg will destroy west. they're on another lvl

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I didn't know the burg had a caliper. As for bein on burgs caliber not a snowballs chance in hell are they. As for bein overrated I think them and Peake both are

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”