West overrated

Hylander
JV Team

Re: West overrated

Post by Hylander »

After seeing the results tonight, I think there's a good chance we see two 9-0 teams battling for the SOC championship Week 10 in Wheelersburg. No doubt Burg will be the favorite, but West looks like a very good team right now and probably has the best chance of any team now to beat them.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

West still number 1 with Wheelersburg behind in 2nd spot. So by Harbin points, west as of halfway through the season is the best team in region 19
Period. Argue all you guys want but it is what it is, now lets move on.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

West is legit. I can see 9-1 easy. I have the last drive posted on my fb from tonight's game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

West Side Pride wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:44 pm West still number 1 with Wheelersburg behind in 2nd spot. So by Harbin points, west as of halfway through the season is the best team in region 19

For now West #1 in Region ... Enjoy it while you can...

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Already excited for a week 10 showdown at Burg, and more excited for the rematch in the regional final :mrgreen:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Flash wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 am Already excited for a week 10 showdown at Burg, and more excited for the rematch in the regional final :mrgreen:
That would be awesome.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

NO WEST IS NOT OVERRATED. I WATCHED THEM COME BACK WITH A VENGEANCE AGAINST PORTSMOUTH. WEEK 10 OF THE SEASON IS WHEN THE WEATHER STARTS TO CHANGE AND INJURIES START TO MOUNT. THAT'S WHY GOING 10-0 IS SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! AS MANY VARIABLES CAN AND WILL HAPPEN BY LATE OCTOBER WHEN WEST AND W'BURG MEET UP IN WEEK 10, WE WILL HAVE TO JUST TALK ABOUT IT THEN.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Nice thread pal. West might not beat Burg, but they won't roll over for em either.*

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

West Side Pride wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:44 pm West still number 1 with Wheelersburg behind in 2nd spot. So by Harbin points, west as of halfway through the season is the best team in region 19
👏👏👏👏👏👏

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

A good win for the West Side they needed a good year after the last two years.

Good luck and stay healthy

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i heard the same thing from some of my jackson fans all wk that we are overrated. guess both burg and west both proved that not to be

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:57 pm Holden is a good player. But some of you need to go watch elite D1 receivers before saying he's a once in a generation player. We don't have anyone in Southern Ohio with elite D1 speed. Can anyone tell me the last skill position elite D1 player from Southeastern Ohio?
Holden is now being recruited by tOSU. He was on the sideline Saturday afternoon. He must be doing something right.

PoundWESTpound
Waterboy

Post by PoundWESTpound »

Just being on the sideline doesn't mean your getting recruited. Yes your on the radar but that doesn't mean you have an offer. They usually bring in 200+ recruits to stand on the field for pre game. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, I just don't think people realize how good you have to be to play a skill position at the D1 level. By the way, Who was the last player to play on a power 5 team in football from Wheelersburg?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:24 am Just being on the sideline doesn't mean your getting recruited. Yes your on the radar but that doesn't mean you have an offer. They usually bring in 200+ recruits to stand on the field for pre game. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, I just don't think people realize how good you have to be to play a skill position at the D1 level. By the way, Who was the last player to play on a power 5 team in football from Wheelersburg?
You're right about D1 power 5 skill players. There have not been many at burg or any other school in SE Ohio (only kids going D1 around here are linemen). But Holden is definitely capable of going power 5 in football. It likely won't be at tOSU the way Urban recruits, but if Holden focuses on football, I see multiple power 5 schools offering him. 6'5" wide receivers that run like him are rare (I cannot recall anybody around here with his mix of size and speed on a football field). Question is, does he want to be a mid-major D1 basketball prospect, or a power 5 D1 football prospect?*

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:24 am Just being on the sideline doesn't mean your getting recruited. Yes your on the radar but that doesn't mean you have an offer. They usually bring in 200+ recruits to stand on the field for pre game. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, I just don't think people realize how good you have to be to play a skill position at the D1 level. By the way, Who was the last player to play on a power 5 team in football from Wheelersburg?
You are such a troll. Can't be happy for anyone can you? Just wait til week 10. He'll show you what he's all about. Until then I'm out.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am
You're right about D1 power 5 skill players. There have not been many at burg or any other school in SE Ohio (only kids going D1 around here are linemen). But Holden is definitely capable of going power 5 in football. It likely won't be at tOSU the way Urban recruits, but if Holden focuses on football, I see multiple power 5 schools offering him. 6'5" wide receivers that run like him are rare (I cannot recall anybody around here with his mix of size and speed on a football field). Question is, does he want to be a mid-major D1 basketball prospect, or a power 5 D1 football prospect?*
Part of me wonders if he wants to follow his dad's footsteps and play basketball at Marshall. I have heard he would rather play basketball in college, but he's a special football player for sure.

PoundWESTpound
Waterboy

Post by PoundWESTpound »

Not a troll. I'm a realist. But I do support all the area youth I just understand the type of talent that's away from here and what D1 receivers look like.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I thought this was about West being overrated not about Wheelersburg. Don't get me wrong I hope the kid from Burg gets a scholarship but let's stick to the topic.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm assuming you're talking about a power 5 conference team. If that's the case, you're insane if he couldn't play for Indiana, Vanderbilt, Iowa, Kansas, Etc. The kid is legit. He may not be OSU or Alabama material but saying he's not good enough to play in that conference is just a very dumb statement.

As of West being overrated? No but wont beat burg.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

chillicothe had a run of skill kids go d1

Return to “Football”