Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: SVC WK5 (1-3) Huntington @ (1-3) Paint Valley

Post by Rolltanks »

Love to see the huntsman get this win. Pv is bad and things don't look good for the future. They have enjoyed success in the svc but the run is over. How many years will little Pete stay. Huntington by 7

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:38 am Love to see the huntsman get this win. Pv is bad and things don't look good for the future. They have enjoyed success in the svc but the run is over. How many years will little Pete stay. Huntington by 7
And the Unioto talk has begun, typical.
Last edited by HighLightReel on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

meigswolfpack
Riding the Bench

Post by meigswolfpack »

Paint Valley -9
Cal Preps: PV 27, Huntington 21

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

HighLightReel wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:04 am
Rolltanks wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:38 am Love to see the huntsman get this win. Pv is bad and things don't look good for the future. They have enjoyed success in the svc but the run is over. How many years will little Pete stay. Huntington by 7
And the Unioto talk has begun, typical.
It's barely worth a response, but the lack of respect shown to a great person and long tenured coach like Pete Hollon is laughable.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

As a Unioto community member, I've never understood the disdain towards Coach Hollon. Maybe because I've never been close to the football or girls basketball programs, but I don't get it. I think he does a great job and has always been a standup person when I've talked with him.

I think PV gets the win on Friday, it should be an exciting and high scoring game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Pv gets one of their 2-3 wins here

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 pm As a Unioto community member, I've never understood the disdain towards Coach Hollon. Maybe because I've never been close to the football or girls basketball programs, but I don't get it. I think he does a great job and has always been a standup person when I've talked with him.

I think PV gets the win on Friday, it should be an exciting and high scoring game.
Paint Valley is one of the smallest programs in the SVC and typically one of the best. Coach Hollon and his staff have a big part in that, obviously, along with the commitment of the players and the community. Sorry, but to show disrespect to Coach Hollon shows an ignorance of SVC football over the years.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Give Coach Keller time and he'll turn that ship around at Huntington. A great football mind who the kids love to play for. I gotta take PV in this one, however.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Coach H. Is nithing but class. As or this game I think it will go it did last season. Now for the future I think Pete and the Bearcats have a better future then some think.the time the Soph are seniors and the Freshmen are Juniors, watch out.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:55 am Coach H. Is nithing but class. As or this game I think it will go it did last season. Now for the future I think Pete and the Bearcats have a better future then some think.the time the Soph are seniors and the Freshmen are Juniors, watch out.
I would argue that most teams in the svc play sophomores and freshmen regularly on varsity. Some teams more than others. Pv has a slight edge in the fact that they tend to keep there guys from junior high all through to seniors. So they have some guys that aren't ready right away but end up being solid players. Southeastern has regularly played young guys they have had some misses and some pan out. In he end every svc school has young guys out there sometimes it hard to predict the ones that will contribute as upper class men and those that fizzle out or don't get better. In jv zt has dominated the last 4 years and Unioto has been 2nd. One year adena had a nice team one year hunnington did. Other than that not much competition. This could be due to lot of skilled young guys on varsity idk. Just have to hope the young guys that play get better every year and don't fizzle.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I was not arguing about or not playing freshmen and sophomores,
What I was trying to articulate to the masses, was by the time those young kids are upper class men, they will be a force.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Huntington(26) @ (28)Paint Valley

Post by mattash »

OT Game Huntington(26) @ (28)Paint Valley

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Huntington(26) @ (28)Paint Valley

Happy to see Pete and the young Bearcats found a way to post the win.

Return to “Football”