Game Report: Thurgood Marshall 42 Western Hills 24

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game Report: Thurgood Marshall 42 Western Hills 24

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

THURGOOD MARSHALL 42 WESTERN HILLS 24

Last night at Welcome Stadium, I was one of the few, who took in the contest between two teams seeking their first win of the season.
We, the few was treated to a show by two players, one from each team. #7 Kayvon Britten, listed a Sophomore, from Western Hills had four touchdowns and I.M.O was the best player on the field and looked like the fastest. He seems to have great field vision as he always seems to have his head up and like a great chess player, he seems to be five or six moves ahead of the entire defense.
Number 10(NOT ON ANY ROSTER I CAN FIND) from Thurgood Marshall, was almost as good and on offense, he was a one-man show for his team. He too possessed break away speed and seem to have enough moves to shake and bake most would be tacklers.

With 10:29 left in the opening quarter Kayvon Britten picked up a a Mustangs fumbled and easily gained 20-yards, for the visitors. This was just the beginning to the type of game this young man would have. The offense would end up losing a yard before being forced to punt the ball away.

Thurgood Marshall, the home team in this one got their drive moving, with two nice runs by #10(Not on any roster I can locate)that took the ball to the Mustangs 20-yard-line, with about 5:25 left. With 4:27 left in the quick moving first quarter, #10 picked up 8-yards, taking the ball to the 1-yard-line. #34 from Western Hills(NOT ON THE ROSTERS I HAVE) would get to #10 from Thurgood Marshall(NOT ON ANY ROSTER I HAVE) for a short loss. This was the 2nd consecutive negative play on the drive for the Cougars. The 8-play,72-yard drive came to an end , with a sweep to the far side of the field to #10(NOT ON ANY ROSTER I HAVE), who easily found the end zone.Rolando Perez used his strong foot to make good, on the point after attempt to make this a 7-0 lead, for the hometown Cougars, with 2:57 left.

Western Hills would get a 20-yard run from Britten,who displayed crazy speed in this one and little did we know he was just getting started.There was just 1:55 left in the quarter after this run and it appeared the Mustangs were on the verge of getting their offense moving. But just :44 later V'sean Palmer picked off a badly thrown ball from #15 Keyon Sanders. Sanders is listed as a WREC/CB on the roster I have.

Just thirty seconds into the 2nd quarter Ayyoub Muhammed would be picked off by the Mustangs Elijah Williams, in the end zone to crush the hopes of another Cougars score. The flat Western Hills defense could not do anything once their offense took the field and another punt would soon follow.

#10(NOT ON THE ROSTERS I HAVE)picked up 19-yards to give the Cougars another first down and then there was a penalty on Western Hills that took the ball to the 10-yard line. The Cougars worked the ball down to the tree-yard-line and from there Antwan Nathan plowed in for the score. The point after made this a 14-0 game, with 7:37 left in the half.

On the ensuing kickoff Kayvon Britten fielded the ball and sprinted for an 85-yard touchdown where he left no doubt about who was the fastest player on the field was. The Mustangs went for two and it was stuffed as easily as a turkey on Thanksgiving. This left the score14-6, with 7:24 left in the half.

With 2:19 left in the half Te'shawn Jones, a very good and fast corner back picked off a Ayyoub Muhammed pass take it to the Cougars 20-yard-line after a 10-yard penalty was called on the Cougars, the Mustangs have a first and goal from the 10-yard-line.

The Mustangs would get touch down number two from,Kayvon Britten as he easily went ten-yards for the score, on the drives 2nd play. Another two point conversion try was stuffed as easy as the first one, leaving the score 14-12 Cougars, with 2:12 left in the half.

Not known for throwing the ball around Thurgood Marshall shocked the 150 or so fans in the stands, when they picked up 11-yards through the air, on a Muhammed to #85(Not on the rosters I have) giving the Cougars a first and ten at the Mustangs 11-yard-line, with :31 left. In the half's final two seconds, we would see two turnovers. I guess when both teams come in with no wins and six losses, one can't be too stunned. The first came over on Te'shawn Jones 2nd pick of the game, for the Mustangs. The 2nd turnover came on a pick by V'sean Palmer, of the Cougars, also his 2nd pick of the game.

#10(NOT ON THE ROSTERS I HAVE)of the Cougars opened the 2nd half up with a 15-yard run, on a double hand-off play, that seem to catch the Mustangs off guard. From the defense held strong and got the ball back to its offense.
With 8:32 left in the third Kayvon Britten would dance, then shake and bake, before breaking a few tackles and picking up 18-yards on one of the better runs I have watched this season. That was the only highlight of this drive as the dense flexed its muscles and ended things quickly.
This became a 21-12 game, after #10(Not on the rosters) ended a 10-play,60-yard drive, with a 4-yard touchdown run and then the point after was once again good. There was just 3:51 left after the score.

The Mustangs would answer the score, with 1:27 left in the quarter with a 35-yard touchdown from Kayvon Britten, his third of the game. Another two-point conversion try failed, leaving the score 21-18 Cougars.

It only took :28 into the final frame for the Cougars to score again and this time it came on a 30-yard run from #10; The point after kick made this a 28-18 game. From here you could almost see, not saying it was the case, but the defense give up after the score.

With 6:40 left the Cougars scored again, when Leamarr Jennings found pay dirt from 3-yards out. The point after kick made the score 35-18.This was an 8-play drive, that totaled 52-yards

There would be two more scores in this one.
The first was with 2:35 left on a 40-yard pick six by Timothy Moore of the Cougars. The point after kick was again good and this was a 42-18 game. The final score came on the FIRST EVER LICKING COUNTY FAN PLAYER OF THE GAME ON A LOSING TEAM, Kayvon Britten. He would leave everyone in his shadows as he raced in from 50-yards out, to make the final score 42-14.

VERY UNOFFICIAL STATS

WESTERN HILLS
50 PLAYS
216 YARDS(JUST 34 IN THE FIRST HALF ON 24 PLAYS)
PASSING 3-16 3 INT'S

THURGOOD MARSHALL
70 PLAYS
425 YARDS
PASSING 5-17 2INT'S

Return to “Football”