Portsmouth(35) @ (36)Gallia Academy

PTrojan59
S

Re: OVC WK5 (2-2) Portsmouth @ (2-2) Gallia Academy

Post by PTrojan59 »

People keep saying If Parker plays, I could be wrong but I don't think he's even close to being ready. I heard he would be out 6-8 weeks. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but if so that puts him back right around Week 9 or 10. Too soon right now.

Who Dey!
Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Talyn is out until at least the 29th. Better watch out for the other Parker #3. I really think this is a blowout by the Trojans. 42-13. The Trojans whole attitude changed the second half of the Rock Hill game. I'd look out the rest of the year for this team. #TROJANSTRONG

loyal
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth 2-2 @ Gallia Academy 2-2

Post by loyal »

:oops:
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:52 pm Gallia by 3 scores. Portsmouth has fell off the map.
Really?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

We will see!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth can win this game, and for any playoff hopes, must win this game. The defense was a little leaky against the run vs. Rock Hill, so the Trojans will have to tighten that up. It will be very important to contain Gallia QB McClelland. Isaac Kelly made some nice throws vs. RH, so hopefully the Trojan air game can continue that success, mixed in with some timely runs. I'd rather not see Kelly run too much, as it may affect his passing and also his play at safety.

I am very impressed with the Trojans kicker. I have a lot more confidence that if we need a kick at a crucial time, he can deliver. His field goal vs. Rock Hill proved to be the difference.

This trip is one of my favorites.

GO TROJANS!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

What are the numbers on parkers boys for Portsmouth.. 1 and 3. Or are there more

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Because Parker wearing number 1 killing us

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Damm does Portsmouth have some athletes. The name of the league has changed but tonight was a SEOAL league game. There was big hard hits all night. Both teams are going to have a hard time getting healthy before next week. I am not sure how serious injuries are but a ton of walking wounded on both sides.

I lot of people are going to question Portsmouth coach on use of timeout. And going for two. A couple of timeouts I don't know but. Man if you look at all there walking wounded he was trying to just get out of there with a win. That was a hell of a game.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Agreed Portsmouth had to go for 2 on the road. But, I am not so sure that I would have thrown the ball for the conversion.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 pm Agreed Portsmouth had to go for 2 on the road. But, I am not so sure that I would have thrown the ball for the conversion.
In going for two, which I guess I'm ok with, don't call that timeout wren you had the defense on their heels.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Good win for GA here they're coming back

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Just a great game and effort by all. Parker kid is a stud. So is the QB. It really is a shame someone had to lose that game.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think he called time out to figure out what he had. And I think he called most of the timeouts during games because of situation. I know Portsmouth had number 5 go out on first second play of game never came back. I think he was actually the starting QB but he left so quick I am not sure where he played. The receiver Parker -#3 went out when Blue Devils had ball right before scoring drive with a shoulder not sure he came back in. Parker the running back. Got his ribs banged up. And then got to where he could hardly make cuts on next to last drive. The QB came up lame sometime on that last drive and was limping bad and 1 or 2 lineman did not complete drive. 14 had a great game but not sure what happened at end but he had not made it to locker room after blue Devils were done ringing bell with a bad limp.

So I think that is why he called time out. But I think I would of still ran the ball

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Gallia on a hard fought win.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth(35) @ (36)Gallia Academy

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth(35) @ (36)Gallia Academy

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Best game I've seen all year,what a battle this boys put up,both teams left it on the field, and yes,,,wounded warriors on both sides this was a hard fought game,congrats to gallia on the win,I knew when we give up the late touchdown before half we was in trouble because this game was going to go to the team with last possession, good luck to the blue devils I think they win the OV C

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

The way things are going, I think any team running through the conference 7-0 will be a tall feat. Portsmouth may be more than anyone else in the conference wants as as Talyn Parker gets healthier.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on the win. A very entertaining game to watch, but unfortunately the Trojans came up 1 point short. Justin McClelland is an outstanding QB for Gallia, while Portsmouth QB Isaac Kelly had an outstanding game, as well as RB Talyn Parker. Great to see him in the backfield getting some good touches. The PHS defense must play better going forward or the OVC title will not be a real possibility.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Really wish i would have went to this instead of burg vs jackson we all knew what was gonna happen there

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

yep this one would have been a fun game to watch

Return to “Football”