SEO

Re: Wk 5 (4-0) Portsmouth West @ (4-1) Raceland

Post by Tartanblue »

West close in the first half, then pulls away in the second half

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Sorry.....I figured a little sense in my post wasn't needed, NY is not by any means close to wheelersburg as Waverly not to Jackson.
So in my opinion as game of the week, I wouldn't include Waverly or NY in any discussion. To many other bigger games with established
programs being played. Sorry again,

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

West Side Pride wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:33 pm Sorry.....I figured a little sense in my post wasn't needed, NY is not by any means close to wheelersburg as Waverly not to Jackson.
So in my opinion as game of the week, I wouldn't include Waverly or NY in any discussion. To many other bigger games with established
programs being played. Sorry again,
It's all good.....
Game of the week is always NY and whoever they play for me lol

I think it's safe to agree that their should be a few very good games this week!
Good luck to Portsmouth West!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
West Side Pride
All Conference

Agree! Game of the week for me is also my Siders, good luck to all and pray for all to stay healthy.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Raceland better than many on here think . Wide open O with good speed . Good D also.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

hoot wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:59 pm Raceland better than many on here think . Wide open O with good speed . Good D also.
Looking at the comments, no one is doubting Raceland at all most have acknowledged they are a good team with a good defense. Find out who wins smash mouth or spread sounds like. Can West consistently move the ball against that defense will be the question.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:06 pm Looking at the comments, no one is doubting Raceland at all most have acknowledged they are a good team with a good defense. Find out who wins smash mouth or spread sounds like. Can West consistently move the ball against that defense will be the question.
Agree. They've beaten us 2 years in a row, including soundly at home last year. They may have been the best team West played last year. No one is doubting Raceland.

Can West run the ball and control time of possession? Raceland lost a bunch of really good players but look like they have reloaded. They run a great offense with size, speed, skill, and bunches of formations. And like you said their defense is underrated.

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

I'm not buying West yet. Obviously they have a nice team and will win at worst 6-7 games, and probably make the playoffs. But, Raceland is a state championship caliber team (regardless of size or state). I think the biggest difference will be the passing game of Raceland and Wests secondary.

However, if West wins this, they are for real and could make some noise in Region 19 and give Waverly and Burg a run for their money. I'm pulling for them. But I'll take Raceland 31-17

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I'll take raceland by 2 td's

SOC 1
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Here's what some on the other side of the river think.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sh ... ?p=2079916

West Side Pride
All Conference

bcltcr wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:18 am I'm not buying West yet. Obviously they have a nice team and will win at worst 6-7 games, and probably make the playoffs. But, Raceland is a state championship caliber team (regardless of size or state). I think the biggest difference will be the passing game of Raceland and Wests secondary.

However, if West wins this, they are for real and could make some noise in Region 19 and give Waverly and Burg a run for their money. I'm pulling for them. But I'll take Raceland 31-17

This is was I saying yesterday, a lot of truth here. I know what Raceland has and by far will be West biggest challenge. If they can win this
one then they'll take Waverly too in my opinion and possibly host.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:25 pm Here's what some on the other side of the river think.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sh ... ?p=2079916
They are almost as cool as us. Lol kill em West.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

The junior class at West has been hyped up for several years now, and I think now everybody is starting to see why. For the first time in a long time, a West team has a balanced attack. They have a quarterback who can beat you in the air or on the ground, and they have several backs who are able to put up big numbers. The defense has been forcing turnovers, and are doing so in key moments (i.e the pick-six against Portsmouth that swung the momentum of the game).

Since the slow start the first six quarters of the season, they've outscored their opponents 88-12. That's pretty ridiculous considering the three teams they beat have a 7-3 record outside of their matchups with West. It's understandable to not buy into this team yet, especially after seeing them Week 1. Raceland is a good team, but I haven't seen them play so I can't really pick a winner. It's hard to see West lose though if they continue to play the way they have the last few weeks.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

West needs to play sound fundamental defense. Big plays on missed assignments is what hurt them the first 2 weeks. They also can't get goaded into getting personal fouls like has happened the last 2 years against this team.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Portsmouth West should win by less than a touchdown. I would say something in the neighborhood of 22-18.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Raceland 27
West 13

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK5 (4-0) Portsmouth West @ (4-1) Raceland

Post by mattash »

I'll probably be at this game. lol my 3rd West game. ( Not my team but closes game I can get to leaving work)

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
West Side Pride
All Conference

Admit it Matt, you like us.....

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

West Side Pride wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 pm Admit it Matt, you like us.....
:lol: :lol:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Here's another site. Sometimes it works, sometimes you need a password.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-h ... 53344.html

Return to “Football”