(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

dontreply
Freshman Team

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by dontreply »

Truth of it is must youns people could drive anywhere back in your heyday cuff theyvwon not cuzz your bowl,movements or eye sightd

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

mattash wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:56 pm Ironton big

I do like Ironton's offensive play calling. They will put up some numbers.
I agree, burg seems to do just fine with it. Haha
But seriously the play calling is there just not the athletes. Ironton will come back. Maybe not to the dominance they had but they will compete. As for this game the tigers will have it wrapped up in the first half.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

The QB can run the offense, the O-Line needs to do a better job.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

flash wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:13 pm The QB can run the offense, the O-Line needs to do a better job.
QB not at fault? Come on. It's a team sport.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Good luck Fighting Tigers, I miss the good old days of the Tigers and Trojans putting on a show

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

laser breath wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 pm
flash wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:13 pm The QB can run the offense, the O-Line needs to do a better job.
QB not at fault? Come on. It's a team sport.
I agree.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

coach knows wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:14 pm
Herdfan73 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm I get all you ironton fans wanting the past but you can't move forward dewealing on the past I do think they need a coaching change but whoever they get needs to stand up from the start and say his not lutz and is not going to try to be and needs to build his own program by sticking with ironton tradition but at the same time upgrading it to 2017 and I personally think bass will be gone after this year but not till then and there win 1 to 3 more games this year
He hit the nail on the head about standing say this not Lutz. But it is hard to do when half this current staff was on Lutz staff. You would have thought they would have learn something over the years. I go to the game and half the old staff sits by the door where players come out etc. it is time to get rid of Vass and all the Burchman relation on the staff along with the recreation director and the judge. Give me a break that is not a staff that is politics at the highest level.
This is getting straight to the point!

osumufan
SE

Re: WEEK 5(1-3)IRONTON@(2-2)SOUTH POINT. WHAT SAY YA'LL

Post by osumufan »

farmer wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm Having to follow contracts as well as the union and setting precedent for future contract matters. Also not sure that money can go directly to pay off the old coach or pay for the new coaches. High Schools do not operate like colleges in regards to sports and donor payments.
They do at Ironton, Didn't Lutz get a new car when he won the state championship? Tiger Clan doesnt donate? I thought that was what it was all about.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

OVCfanatic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.
And nothing changed, unless you get new players it won't change. SP is in slump the last 10 years, had a couple winning seasons maybe 3. Kids won't play for variety of reasons stated earlier. I don't think it will ever be any different unless we get parents who care and instill a work ethic in their boys. By the likes of what I read in the paper this is not going to happen due to such a high use of drugs in the WHOLE county.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Someone told me there's a chance this game may not even be played...

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
farmer
SEOP

Re: WEEK 5(1-3)IRONTON@(2-2)SOUTH POINT. WHAT SAY YA'LL

Post by farmer »

osumufan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 am
farmer wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm Having to follow contracts as well as the union and setting precedent for future contract matters. Also not sure that money can go directly to pay off the old coach or pay for the new coaches. High Schools do not operate like colleges in regards to sports and donor payments.
They do at Ironton, Didn't Lutz get a new car when he won the state championship? Tiger Clan doesnt donate? I thought that was what it was all about.
Whatever extra benefits like that did not go through the school or school and Tiger Clan fund. That had to be done outside of schools control. There are State rules against that. Just as the rules to limit the amount of money being paid to coaches by school and school related Clubs. Even though under the table money from individuals paying coaches for other things go on. The school can not do that. Like in Texas where a coach gets paid over $100,000 a year just to coach.

The Tigers and fan base has not be the same since Lutz left the first time. Which caused an attitude change and a more blaming culture. In the fans, players and parents. Which has grown since then. Before teams knew Ironton would rarely lose a home game. Now they know the have more than a chance coming into the game. As well as knowing how tough Ironton will play to the end. The town knew going into a game they should win and showed up to support the team. Now negative talk blaming coaches for everything and making up excuses to why they didn't win. That attitude has to change for anyone to win. No matter how good the players are.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

OVC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 am Someone told me there's a chance this game may not even be played...
wat going on? why not?

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

ArntonFartinTiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 pm
OVC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 am Someone told me there's a chance this game may not even be played...
wat going on? why not?
South Point only has like 18-20 healthy players. Not a good situation at all.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

are you serious? When schools like Green and Notre Dame only have 15-16 healthy kids and they play. UNREAL

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

OVC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:49 pm
ArntonFartinTiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 pm
wat going on? why not?
South Point only has like 18-20 healthy players. Not a good situation at all.
The game was never in question

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Tiger Clan buying cars,I've heard it all.

Buddy Garrity
Waterboy

Post by Buddy Garrity »

In all seriousness, I've heard from very reliable sources that Mark Snyder is very interested in coming home to Ironton to coach. Stay Tuned Folks....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Buddy Garrity wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm In all seriousness, I've heard from very reliable sources that Mark Snyder is very interested in coming home to Ironton to coach. Stay Tuned Folks....
Unless he changes his name to Bob Lutz it won't matter if it's Mark Snyder or Urban Meyer. Until the people change and take the cancer with it it won't matter

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 pm
Buddy Garrity wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm In all seriousness, I've heard from very reliable sources that Mark Snyder is very interested in coming home to Ironton to coach. Stay Tuned Folks....
Unless he changes his name to Bob Lutz it won't matter if it's Mark Snyder or Urban Meyer. Until the people change and take the cancer with it it won't matter
If Mark wants to come home, he will still have to finish the year at Mich State. So it would be after the Bowl Game before he could do any coaching duties at Ironton. He would be a nice choice but as Westfan said and my response above people's attitudes need to change first.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I heard the same thing :D

Return to “Football”