(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: WEEK 5(1-3)IRONTON@(2-2)SOUTH POINT. WHAT SAY YA'LL

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Unless Ironton rights the ship and runs the table, this staff will be gone after this year.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

coach knows wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 am You are correct on some points. This was brought up last night in the BOE meeting behind close doors. The board said they would have to run this by the school attorney. It appear that this could have passed by a 3 to 2 vote. Also
the so called family of coaches were working hard to stop this from happening. Money was not the question they had fans ready to donate money to Ironton to support the change. I can't see this staff here next year for sure.
So. you board member then?

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

No but I was at the meeting. I was also at the meeting when the parents spoke up last year about this staff and their performance.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

coach knows wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 pm No but I was at the meeting. I was also at the meeting when the parents spoke up last year about this staff and their performance.

so, yous in the dicusion behind close doors?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Having to follow contracts as well as the union and setting precedent for future contract matters. Also not sure that money can go directly to pay off the old coach or pay for the new coaches. High Schools do not operate like colleges in regards to sports and donor payments.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

How bad does the program have to get and I use the program under Vass coaching in jest before some ''thing is done! Yes the talent might not be great but the fundamentals are terrible. Once again I watched this coming for the last 3 years and now it is in Vass's lap. He has hired coaches that not nothing about coaching kids up
and most of them were all running backs that never new what it took to get dirty and win the game.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by mattash »

Ironton big

I do like Ironton's offensive play calling. They will put up some numbers.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

What are you smoking pass it along!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think there is still a decent chance of ironton finishing 7-3. Really what is that much different then last 2 years besides the loss to fairland. This team is still 14-1 in the week OVC. And I would not be surprised that after week 10 they are 20-1 in the league and champions again. I would like them not to be but really you are basically at same point you have been the last 2 years 4 games into your season. Besides your 0-1 in league

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I have ate plenty of crow this year. and im not afraid to do it again. Ironton will not finish 7-3 peake Cg Portsmout healthy and Ga all have a really good chance at stopping them. I have not seen much talk about Rh so will not include them

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Ironton isnt the old Ironton, but they are a fringe playoff team in region 19...with that being said they will win 48-7

I honestly think they beat Portsmouth week 10 (if Parker isn't back). Portsmouth is pedestrian without him. Peake and Gallia will be dogfights.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and coal grove,portsmouth, and rock hill.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm I have ate plenty of crow this year. and im not afraid to do it again. Ironton will not finish 7-3 peake Cg Portsmout healthy and Ga all have a really good chance at stopping them. I have not seen much talk about Rh so will not include them
Got extra CROW in the freezer! ironton is in trouble just like Logan! :mrgreen:

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Ironton 34 South Point 7, Pointers take it on the chin again they are 6 years away from competitive football. Ironton interim coach will get win, calls for Vass' job will grow louder.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

OVCfanatic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.
If it is not done soon then the BOE that ran and said there will be changes just blow smoke up are you know what.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

moonshine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm I have ate plenty of crow this year. and im not afraid to do it again. Ironton will not finish 7-3 peake Cg Portsmout healthy and Ga all have a really good chance at stopping them. I have not seen much talk about Rh so will not include them
Got extra CROW in the freezer! ironton is in trouble just like Logan! :mrgreen:
Its not bad if ya turn it into jerky

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Just like everyone else in the league against South Point this season, Ironton names the score.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Game day wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am
OVCfanatic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.
If it is not done soon then the BOE that ran and said there will be changes just blow smoke up are you know what.
Are you saying people on the board now ran just to get rid of coaches? Or people that are running for election? If that's the case they are running for the wrong reason.

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

As bad as Ironton looks this year they still aren't South Point bad. If the Pointers were 100% healthy Ironton would still take this by 2+ TD's.

Return to “Football”