(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

farmer
SEOP

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by farmer »

Like there are few people who can turn Ironton around and who the people in Ironton will even give a chance to turn it around.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

79Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:13 pm Nothing against Mark Snyder, but what has he done that makes anyone of you believe he is "the one" to turn things around at Ironton. Isn't that what he was hired to do at Marshall? He may well be the one but many of you are putting the cart before the horse.
Obviously he didn't cheat like Pruitt did

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Can I ask a serious question? Ironton folks. What's wrong with you? Let's remove all comedic connotations from that question for just a few sound minutes where we apply critical thinking. Ok. Deep breaths. Now, listen.

Between 2005 and 2012, Irontons enrollment declined by 100 students. Currently they sit at approximately 400 students. To put THAT in perspective, this weeks opponent South Point has an enrollment of approximately 421 students making SP the bigger of the two schools.

Irontons population is averaging around a steady 2% decrease with no signs of increasing. There is no tangible economic draw to build from. Irontons average age demographic is older males. 30% of that lists as disabled and not actively participating in the work force.

Take another deep breath.

Per the avg 2% population decrease and given the 100 student drop in enrollment at Ironton high school between 2005 - 2012 ( thats 7 years) in 5 - 10 years Ironton high school will decrease from around a 400 student enrollment ( presently) to about 300 or so.

Last deep breath.

Your future of Ironton football = a few years of single A ball until you reach a time when you are too small to warrant state funding and consolidated with larger lawrence county schools in order maximize state funding to a school in that area.

Dear Irontonians;

The game you have lost and will continue to lose until you have nothing remaining to lose has nothing to do with the coaches, the school, the players or the field.

You have lost the game of socio - economics and it was the biggest game of your life.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

And for future reference.....

The future of your sports revenue will be generated by....

Get ready for it.....here comes the 21st century Ironton.

SOCCER.

BTWN_THE_LINE
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Now Ironton is getting another hotel. Which should also include some restaurants coming. Then again there are some people who make comments like above who do not want to give Ironton a chance or any coach a chance.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Hotels? Those are minimum wage jobs and barely above.

Hotels and restauraunts do not increase population. Industry does. Do you understand at all what I mean by that? At all? Smh
Last edited by BigCarlito72 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Hotels and restauraunts do not bring in families and inspire economic growth.

Here is a good example. In the late 90's the Bridgeport/Clarksburg wv area brought in the fbi center which in turn offered 6 figure jobs. That brought in families who bought new homes that were being built. New sub divisions being constructed and thusly the high school enrollments in that area increased.

Careers = industry.

Hotels and restaraunts = low paying jobs and no growth.

What planet are you living on?

BTWN_THE_LINE
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

They sure do not hurt and is part of business wanting to locate or expand in Ironton. Or just to help attract a good coach as you want.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Ok. The answer is no. You do not understand socio -economics.

Noted. Smh

BTWN_THE_LINE
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Socio- economics yes I understand maybe not to the level you know or think you know. It may not be the great paying jobs but it doesn't hurt and gives more to build on. Giving more options for the city is a plus instead of a negative as you want to think.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Its not a matter of opinion. Do you get that the 2% decrease on avg is FACT?

Do you get that the enrollment decrease is FACT?

Do you understand that hotels and restaurants do not increase population?

Its not about how you feel. Why is it so difficult for Ironton people to seperate how they feel from FACTS?

What makes you people unable to make that distinction?

How you feel is irrelevant. Ironton is NOT growing economically and when you cease the process of growth you begin to die.

Its not personal. Its just the truth.

Prepare for it.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

The median age in Ironton = 41 years old.

Ironton currently grades out at a D+ in housing.

The # of owner occupied homes in Ironton is around 5 % lower than average.

Average income = 20,300.00 - thats about the same as a full time retail employee.

4.5% unemployment rate.

You grade out at a C on jobs.

You have a population of a little over 10,000 and declining and only a little over 1,000 of those are actually family households.

Ironton is dying. It is what it is.

BTWN_THE_LINE
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

So just close Ironton instead of trying to improve. Hotels and restaurants do not increase population but can be a positive to bring in people to the area as well as new business. Sure can not hurt to have them.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

You got all the numbers and research but that does not mean that life has go the way you say it will. Just like in football. Work hard as a team doing the right things can change the future. Doesn't hurt to try to change the future instead of give up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I appreciate the figures that carlito has provided. I have no idea of their accuracy. but it sounds pretty spot on. but ironton is a tough group of people, plant workers,and a resilient town. I still refuse to realize this program can not be greatly increased by the right guidance. granted it may never be what it once was, but who knows.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE ''IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS'' TONIGHT IN SOUTH POINT AGAINST THE POINTERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

BubbleGum Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:06 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:40 pm
BubbleGum Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:30 pm

sorry Charlie but Mark met his pledge of 15K.......
I knew he had as well. but hard to argue with alllllllll the experts. yes they went to ironton, graduated with my sister. but I would love to see this happen. but currently him and beth are livin the dream.
just another hater from the Burg who
doesnt know his A$$ from 2nd base//////////////
And you would be wrong. Mark Snyder may have grown up in South Point on Meadow Lane, but his brother Billy and sister Kelly neither have lived in Ironton ever, both moved from South Point YEARS ago. Billy hasn't lived in the area since he left for Kansas in 1984. Marks mother closed her hair salon on Solida over 15 years ago. To say Mark has "family" in the area is a fallacy, all of his family moved years ago. His three daughters would be more important to him than anyone in the Ironton area and none live anywhere near Ironton. So yeah, I know the situation a lot better than some of you Ironton dreamers. And no, do some research, Mark never paid his $15K pledge unless he did so in the last 4 months.

Anyone want to make a wager on whether or not Mark Snyder leaves MSU making $550k for Irontons $10k job? I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, are you?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:34 pm The median age in Ironton = 41 years old.

Average income = 20,300.00 - thats about the same as a full time retail employee.

4.5% unemployment rate.

You have a population of a little over 10,000 and declining and only a little over 1,000 of those are actually family households.

I'd be interested in seeing those same statistics for Wheelersburg. What Industries do they have?

Buddy Garrity
Waterboy

Post by Buddy Garrity »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:51 am
BigCarlito72 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:34 pm The median age in Ironton = 41 years old.

4.5% unemployment rate.

I'd be interested in seeing those same statistics for Wheelersburg. What Industries do they have?
Fred's Pizza and Big Lots....

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salarie ... /assistant

According to the above link, Mark Snyder's base salary at Michigan State is $329,686 annually.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]

Return to “Football”