(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

farmer
SEOP

Re: WEEK 5(1-3)IRONTON@(2-2)SOUTH POINT. WHAT SAY YA'LL

Post by farmer »

osumufan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 am
farmer wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm Having to follow contracts as well as the union and setting precedent for future contract matters. Also not sure that money can go directly to pay off the old coach or pay for the new coaches. High Schools do not operate like colleges in regards to sports and donor payments.
They do at Ironton, Didn't Lutz get a new car when he won the state championship? Tiger Clan doesnt donate? I thought that was what it was all about.
Whatever extra benefits like that did not go through the school or school and Tiger Clan fund. That had to be done outside of schools control. There are State rules against that. Just as the rules to limit the amount of money being paid to coaches by school and school related Clubs. Even though under the table money from individuals paying coaches for other things go on. The school can not do that. Like in Texas where a coach gets paid over $100,000 a year just to coach.

The Tigers and fan base has not be the same since Lutz left the first time. Which caused an attitude change and a more blaming culture. In the fans, players and parents. Which has grown since then. Before teams knew Ironton would rarely lose a home game. Now they know the have more than a chance coming into the game. As well as knowing how tough Ironton will play to the end. The town knew going into a game they should win and showed up to support the team. Now negative talk blaming coaches for everything and making up excuses to why they didn't win. That attitude has to change for anyone to win. No matter how good the players are.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

OVC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 am Someone told me there's a chance this game may not even be played...
wat going on? why not?

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

ArntonFartinTiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 pm
OVC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 am Someone told me there's a chance this game may not even be played...
wat going on? why not?
South Point only has like 18-20 healthy players. Not a good situation at all.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

are you serious? When schools like Green and Notre Dame only have 15-16 healthy kids and they play. UNREAL

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

OVC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:49 pm
ArntonFartinTiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 pm
wat going on? why not?
South Point only has like 18-20 healthy players. Not a good situation at all.
The game was never in question

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Tiger Clan buying cars,I've heard it all.

Buddy Garrity
Waterboy

Post by Buddy Garrity »

In all seriousness, I've heard from very reliable sources that Mark Snyder is very interested in coming home to Ironton to coach. Stay Tuned Folks....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Buddy Garrity wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm In all seriousness, I've heard from very reliable sources that Mark Snyder is very interested in coming home to Ironton to coach. Stay Tuned Folks....
Unless he changes his name to Bob Lutz it won't matter if it's Mark Snyder or Urban Meyer. Until the people change and take the cancer with it it won't matter

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 pm
Buddy Garrity wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm In all seriousness, I've heard from very reliable sources that Mark Snyder is very interested in coming home to Ironton to coach. Stay Tuned Folks....
Unless he changes his name to Bob Lutz it won't matter if it's Mark Snyder or Urban Meyer. Until the people change and take the cancer with it it won't matter
If Mark wants to come home, he will still have to finish the year at Mich State. So it would be after the Bowl Game before he could do any coaching duties at Ironton. He would be a nice choice but as Westfan said and my response above people's attitudes need to change first.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I heard the same thing :D

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Mark Snyder, wouldn't leave Mich.St. to coach Ironton He makes like a half million dollars to coach there,
well Ironton doesn't pay anything close to that.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Mark has made some very good money in coaching. If he has spent his money wisely and saved a lot of it that makes this move a good choice for his family. To come back and give back to his old school. So players may take that and get an education like he did. He would be a good role model for the players. He also comes in not dealing with the crap that has gone on too long.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

farmer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 pm Mark has made some very good money in coaching. If he has spent his money wisely and saved a lot of it that makes this move a good choice for his family. To come back and give back to his old school. So players may take that and get an education like he did. He would be a good role model for the players. He also comes in not dealing with the crap that has gone on too long.
Exactly......

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

You guys are smoking something. Snyder isn't coming back. His girls are grown and not living in Ironton. He has very few ties to the area. And as far as "giving back" to the school, he never met his pledge of $15k for the field turf. So, no I don't think it is gonna happen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

farmer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:59 am
farmer wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 pm Having to follow contracts as well as the union and setting precedent for future contract matters. Also not sure that money can go directly to pay off the old coach or pay for the new coaches. High Schools do not operate like colleges in regards to sports and donor payments.
They do at Ironton, Didn't Lutz get a new car when he won the state championship? Tiger Clan doesnt donate? I thought that was what it was all about.
Whatever extra benefits like that did not go through the school or school and Tiger Clan fund. That had to be done outside of schools control. There are State rules against that. Just as the rules to limit the amount of money being paid to coaches by school and school related Clubs. Even though under the table money from individuals paying coaches for other things go on. The school can not do that. Like in Texas where a coach gets paid over $100,000 a year just to coach.

The Tigers and fan base has not be the same since Lutz left the first time. Which caused an attitude change and a more blaming culture. In the fans, players and parents. Which has grown since then. Before teams knew Ironton would rarely lose a home game. Now they know the have more than a chance coming into the game. As well as knowing how tough Ironton will play to the end. The town knew going into a game they should win and showed up to support the team. Now negative talk blaming coaches for everything and making up excuses to why they didn't win. That attitude has to change for anyone to win. No matter how good the players are.

this is a new one fer me to hear. I never heard anything about this. but if it's true likely an ironton car dealer gave it to him. back in the day there were 4/5 new/used carlots in ironton. and I only posted this stuff from irontonfootball.com to show people that the past was purty dang enourmous and with the right people and athletes it may be able to happen again. when burg falters in the future , as every program does. they'll look back at the glory days that are now. and assess what IS GOING WRONG AND FIX IT. THE SAME THING IRONTON NEEDS TO DO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

horsefeathers. why in the world wouldn't they. I know south point has a lot of injuries. but every program needs that home gate money. if you have 11 then you play.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Buramgerdin wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:14 pm You guys are smoking something. Snyder isn't coming back. His girls are grown and not living in Ironton. He has very few ties to the area. And as far as "giving back" to the school, he never met his pledge of $15k for the field turf. So, no I don't think it is gonna happen.
Him and his wife are both from Ironton, I went to school with his wife. Both of their families are from here too, makes sense to me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:59 am

I agree, the whole dagnabb program needs a checkup from the neckup

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

12gauge wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:49 pm Tiger Clan buying cars,I've heard it all.
me too gauge.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Buramgerdin wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:14 pm You guys are smoking something. Snyder isn't coming back. His girls are grown and not living in Ironton. He has very few ties to the area. And as far as "giving back" to the school, he never met his pledge of $15k for the field turf. So, no I don't think it is gonna happen.
sorry Charlie but Mark met his pledge of 15K.......

Return to “Football”