Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg 4-0 @ Jackson 4-0

Post by The Nature Boy »

So West and Waverly are both bad. That is hysterical. I have watched southern ohio football for years and it comes in trends. Burg has been the most consistent. West has a coach that finally has his program established and got the boys playing well. Baltimore Liberty Union is still mad Coach Johnson left. They are now mediocre. Waverly is coming around. They always play Burg tough like West does. When those teams play it is anybody ballgame. Records don't matter. So yes chest thump about the Burg. But remember, the 2002 West team made it to the finals. Nobody talks about them. I know the old qb for West named Williams from that 02 team was coaching at Burg. If I am not mistaken. Root for your team and be glad when they win. I guarantee you none of these kids are taking anything for granted week in and week out. Burg is a good coached ball club and really talented. It will be a great run this year and fun to watch.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Tonight's JV Final:

Burg 14
Jackson 12

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm So West and Waverly are both bad. That is hysterical. I have watched southern ohio football for years and it comes in trends. Burg has been the most consistent. West has a coach that finally has his program established and got the boys playing well. Baltimore Liberty Union is still mad Coach Johnson left. They are now mediocre. Waverly is coming around. They always play Burg tough like West does. When those teams play it is anybody ballgame. Records don't matter. So yes chest thump about the Burg. But remember, the 2002 West team made it to the finals. Nobody talks about them. I know the old qb for West named Williams from that 02 team was coaching at Burg. If I am not mistaken. Root for your team and be glad when they win. I guarantee you none of these kids are taking anything for granted week in and week out. Burg is a good coached ball club and really talented. It will be a great run this year and fun to watch.
Good post

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm So West and Waverly are both bad. That is hysterical. I have watched southern ohio football for years and it comes in trends. Burg has been the most consistent. West has a coach that finally has his program established and got the boys playing well. Baltimore Liberty Union is still mad Coach Johnson left. They are now mediocre. Waverly is coming around. They always play Burg tough like West does. When those teams play it is anybody ballgame. Records don't matter. So yes chest thump about the Burg. But remember, the 2002 West team made it to the finals. Nobody talks about them. I know the old qb for West named Williams from that 02 team was coaching at Burg. If I am not mistaken. Root for your team and be glad when they win. I guarantee you none of these kids are taking anything for granted week in and week out. Burg is a good coached ball club and really talented. It will be a great run this year and fun to watch.
Very good post! Also valley just a few short years ago was spanking teams. I feel like they are starting to come back around.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am
Burg Bias wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am Burg was jacked up and laser focused to play a Bishop Watterson team that was thought to be the caliber of a Bishop Hartley. They were not. It is difficult to get up for two games in a row so I look for the Pirates to come out flat but wake up and take care of business.
This definitely looks like a top five Burg team. The Pirate JV defense came in late in the game against Watterson's 1st string offense and held their own which shows just how deep this team is. :o
Go Pirates!
They are going to have to learn to come out jacked up and laser focused multiple weeks in a row if they want to win playoff games. I don't see anyone coming out flat. This will be full throttle from the get go.
It's easy to get up for a lose and you're out playoff game. A non-league mid season game is less so. Jackson isn't hard to get up for but I just have a feeling the Pirates are going to start slow in this one. Just a hunch. I do think they'll get the win easily.
Go Pirates!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

People wondering about whether Jackson is hiding anything in hopes of using it on burg, is interesting. Might they have a trick play or something absolutely most teams do. Jackson is what they are and that's line it up and try to run it right at you this year, I don't think they'll deviate from that. What was it 2-3 yrs ago that same ground and pound went down to Burg and hung it on them. Last year they were able to run the ball but kept shooting themselves in the foot and started losing down and distance because of a offsides or a hold. Jackson running the ball and keeping the burg offense off the field and minimizing burgs touches is how Jackson wins this game. I do believe it will be hard for Jackson to handle burgs speed and gut feeling tells me that if this game isn't kept in the teens or low 20s that Jackson isn't coming out on top. In high school it's so hard to be perfect on every single down when you need to run 12-15 play series to score and that's something Jackson will need to do. Still think Burgs defense is enough to slow them down, Burg gets an early lead and puts pressure on that Jackson offense to keep up and will result in couple turnovers. Burg 28-14, 35-17 right in that area. Good luck to both teams and hopefully everyone comes out healthy. A loss doesn't hurt Burg as much as it will Jackson given the region Jackson is in.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Agreed. Great post.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 pm People wondering about whether Jackson is hiding anything in hopes of using it on burg, is interesting. Might they have a trick play or something absolutely most teams do. Jackson is what they are and that's line it up and try to run it right at you this year, I don't think they'll deviate from that. What was it 2-3 yrs ago that same ground and pound went down to Burg and hung it on them. Last year they were able to run the ball but kept shooting themselves in the foot and started losing down and distance because of a offsides or a hold. Jackson running the ball and keeping the burg offense off the field and minimizing burgs touches is how Jackson wins this game. I do believe it will be hard for Jackson to handle burgs speed and gut feeling tells me that if this game isn't kept in the teens or low 20s that Jackson isn't coming out on top. In high school it's so hard to be perfect on every single down when you need to run 12-15 play series to score and that's something Jackson will need to do. Still think Burgs defense is enough to slow them down, Burg gets an early lead and puts pressure on that Jackson offense to keep up and will result in couple turnovers. Burg 28-14, 35-17 right in that area. Good luck to both teams and hopefully everyone comes out healthy. A loss doesn't hurt Burg as much as it will Jackson given the region Jackson is in.
I think you hit the nail on the head buddy. Jackson will have to sustain long drives to stay in this one. A fumble here or there could be a deal breaker if Jacksons D can't at least slow down the Pirates. Same for Burg. Turnovers could end up being devastating.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Burg4 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:58 pm Tonight's JV Final:

Burg 14
Jackson 12
I think the Burg Freshmen beat Jackson 16-12, or something close to that. Jackson won the 7th grade game 20-6 and the 8th grade game 28-8.

Expect some pretty good matchups in the future.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

I have said this over and over since before season started. Jackson will be showing things this Friday that they have not shown to date. I really think wheelersburg might be alittle suprised. Jackson is much better than they have shown, and on purpose. Jackson is much much better than last year. They shut down Burgs best reciever last year. I think he may have had 2 or 3 catches at most entire game. Ironmen defense much improved over last year, super quick and fast. Jackson will be able to run the ball some, with one of the best running backs thus area has seen in while, along with 3 other backs that are great. I dont know that this burg team is any better than last year but I dont think they are any worse either. Once again 2 Great teams are going at it, is it Friday night yet? Good Luck to the best teams in SEO, Win or lose both teams will be in playoffs week 11!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

24sevenfootball wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm I have said this over and over since before season started. Jackson will be showing things this Friday that they have not shown to date. I really think wheelersburg might be alittle suprised. Jackson is much better than they have shown, and on purpose. Jackson is much much better than last year. They shut down Burgs best reciever last year. I think he may have had 2 or 3 catches at most entire game. Ironmen defense much improved over last year, super quick and fast. Jackson will be able to run the ball some, with one of the best running backs thus area has seen in while, along with 3 other backs that are great. I dont know that this burg team is any better than last year but I dont think they are any worse either. Once again 2 Great teams are going at it, is it Friday night yet? Good Luck to the best teams in SEO
On defense? Because I'm pretty sure that the offense is still the same as it has always been. What, they going to run the counter trey? Seen that last week. Although that one was out of the spread. Really wild to see that. But anyways. What is there to surprise Burg? You got a college DB dressing Friday night?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

24sevenfootball wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm I have said this over and over since before season started. Jackson will be showing things this Friday that they have not shown to date. I really think wheelersburg might be alittle suprised. Jackson is much better than they have shown, and on purpose. Jackson is much much better than last year. They shut down Burgs best reciever last year. I think he may have had 2 or 3 catches at most entire game. Ironmen defense much improved over last year, super quick and fast. Jackson will be able to run the ball some, with one of the best running backs thus area has seen in while, along with 3 other backs that are great. I dont know that this burg team is any better than last year but I dont think they are any worse either. Once again 2 Great teams are going at it, is it Friday night yet? Good Luck to the best teams in SEO, Win or lose both teams will be in playoffs week 11!
I thought Jackson done an excellent job against Holden last year, at the same time thought Burg was just trying to force feed him with the jump ball. Game last year the Jackson corners weren't biting up and yet Burg kept trying to throw it over the top of them hard to do when corner has already bailed. Where Jackson got hurt in the secondary last year was more of the slant/wheel routes that were ran.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

24sevenfootball wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm I have said this over and over since before season started. Jackson will be showing things this Friday that they have not shown to date. I really think wheelersburg might be alittle suprised. Jackson is much better than they have shown, and on purpose. Jackson is much much better than last year. They shut down Burgs best reciever last year. I think he may have had 2 or 3 catches at most entire game. Ironmen defense much improved over last year, super quick and fast. Jackson will be able to run the ball some, with one of the best running backs thus area has seen in while, along with 3 other backs that are great. I dont know that this burg team is any better than last year but I dont think they are any worse either. Once again 2 Great teams are going at it, is it Friday night yet? Good Luck to the best teams in SEO, Win or lose both teams will be in playoffs week 11!

I don't think you've seen the Burg play this year with what you've said. I've watched the burg play since 1978 and this may be the best team or one of the best teams to come out of the burg. To many weapons this year with a very smart quarterback who is just very unselfish with the ball and does a great job of finding the open receivers. He makes plays himself and throws extremely well on the run especially with the many talented receivers that he has to choose from. I agree that this will be a good game but I think you will be surprised at what you see.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Yes, I have watched burg play twice. They are a monster team no doubt, Look to be suprised by Jackson as well

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Jackson doesn't stand a chance. Their running back won't touch 75 yards against Burg's superior defense. Burg will have the better offense, the better defense and the better special teams play (fake punt if they ever see a 4th down and the yearly onside kick recovery.

This one gets ugly. Burg 55 Jackson 14 (off 2nd unit defense late)

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ed Ott wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:57 pm Jackson doesn't stand a chance. Their running back won't touch 75 yards against Burg's superior defense. Burg will have the better offense, the better defense and the better special teams play (fake punt if they ever see a 4th down and the yearly onside kick recovery.

Wow . Man if the Ironmen ever should feel disrespected now is the time .

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:05 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:57 pm Jackson doesn't stand a chance. Their running back won't touch 75 yards against Burg's superior defense. Burg will have the better offense, the better defense and the better special teams play (fake punt if they ever see a 4th down and the yearly onside kick recovery.

Wow . Man if the Ironmen ever should feel disrespected now is the time .
It's not going to matter what the Ironmen feel. Running clock by mid 3rd quarter at the latest. Sorry Jackson

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Im pretty sure it doesnt matter what a guy named Ed Ott says!! Rofl

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

24sevenfootball wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 pm Im pretty sure it doesnt matter what a guy named Ed Ott says!! Rofl
Basing football knowledge on a user name?

It doesn't matter what me or you think. Burg is going to dominate Friday night.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

You obviously know nothing about football. Lol

Return to “Football”