Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Wheelersburg 4-0 @ Jackson 4-0

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:14 pm I'm A Chillicothe guy ! But the hype behind Wheelersburg is a bit ridiculous. Are they good yes, invincible like you all claim not at all. Pulling for Jackson we will need playoff points when we beat them week 10. Tough hard fought game. I'm taking The iron men at home 35-28!
Who's hyping burg up? And chilli will have their hands full week 10

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 pm
P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 am I work in Jackson, all these guys are saying the Burg will wear them out quick. The OL is sucking wind midway through the second. They don't throw very well. 90 percent run. They say Burg wins by 28. I say Burg by 17.
Jackson has been the underdog in 6/6 of the last meetings between these two schools.

Jackson when playing local area teams here of late is usually a slight favorite or at the very least even money, so when for the last 5 years you are the underdog every single time that is saying something for Burg and the program they have established.

The 90% run doesn't bother me, the last time we won (the only time lol), we passed a whopping total of two times as I recall. This is the same year Burg went to the regional finals and gave Hartley all they wanted and then some. In fact grinding out first downs and playing keep away from what sounds like a potent Burg offense seems like it may be good strategy. I know, I know, easier said than done as it sounds like Burg run D is stout.

Big momentum shift plays can't happen. Burg is like 3/3 on onside kicks, a couple successful fake punt conversions, etc.. Those plays bring even more "swagger" to a team that has plenty to begin with. So hopefully we can eliminate those. Maybe instead of dropping two back on a punt return we drop one back or if good field position drop no one, I don't know but Burg special teams execute that stuff well and when it works it is a big swing for both teams. The 9-yard (lol) onside kick last year followed by the Burg fumble picked up by the one person outside the 21-man pile and ran in for a TD can't happen hopefully if you are an Ironman fan.

Looking forward to this game even though most of the money is on Burg, I think the staff and players are up to the challenge. Hope Friday night is clear 70-degree evening. Go red!
Very well said. I think you're right as well. This will be toughest test both teams have had this year. Should be a hard hitting game. Now if we could just >>>>> to Friday night.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:14 pm I'm A Chillicothe guy ! But the hype behind Wheelersburg is a bit ridiculous. Are they good yes, invincible like you all claim not at all. Pulling for Jackson we will need playoff points when we beat them week 10. Tough hard fought game. I'm taking The iron men at home 35-28!
What's ridiculous is you think Chilli will beat Jackson week 10. Hahaha. If you NEED playoff points you are already in trouble.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I believe chilli can handle jackson but thats 6 weeks away. For this burg burg wins

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Caint no body beat Jackson but the Ole mighty pie rats

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:58 pm I believe chilli can handle jackson but thats 6 weeks away. For this burg burg wins

I wish you spent as much time on the wellston threads as you did picking against Jackson.
You have stated now 5 times that burg will beat Jackson , and now you've picked Chillicothe 6 weeks prior . The Ironmen appreciate the in county support!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:13 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:58 pm I believe chilli can handle jackson but thats 6 weeks away. For this burg burg wins

I wish you spent as much time on the wellston threads as you did picking against Jackson.
You have stated now 5 times that burg will beat Jackson , and now you've picked Chillicothe 6 weeks prior . The Ironmen appreciate the in county support!
alexander fans do not show up for me to pick at lol
do not hate on me cause i speak my mind and or truth. as of right now chilli will handle jackson. Jackson has played no 1 compared to chillicothe. And as burg go's lets make it 6 times jackson will be lucky if burg don't hang 50 on them.Sorry im pulling for a really good SEO that could possibly bring a title down here. Now with all that being said and me maybe even being a smartass jackson has a really nice team and should see 8-2 MAYBE 9-1 IF they can beat chillicothe that one will be possible.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:30 pm

do not hate on me cause i speak my mind and or truth. as of right now chilli will handle jackson. Jackson has played no 1 compared to chillicothe. And as burg go's lets make it 6 times jackson will be lucky if burg don't hang 50 on them.Sorry im pulling for a really good SEO that could possibly bring a title down here. Now with all that being said and me maybe even being a smartass jackson has a really nice team and should see 8-2 MAYBE 9-1 IF they can beat chillicothe that one will be possible.
Jackson and Chillicothe are always good hard hitting games . I would not expect a blowout on either side. But if it makes you feel better to pick against Jackson it's fine. I hope the rockets can get a win this weekend

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ouch.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Jackson and Chillicothe are always good hard hitting games . I would not expect a blowout on either side. But if it makes you feel better to pick against Jackson it's fine. I hope the rockets can get a win this weekend
The rockets should win fairly easily this week. Maybe not so much the next few.... Probably outta worry about burg and not chillicothe at this point thou cause jackson gonna need all the cheers they can get just to walk off the field after this

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:50 pm
What's ridiculous is you think Chilli will beat Jackson week 10. Hahaha. If you NEED playoff points you are already in trouble.
lol everyone needs playoff points and if Wheelersburg played half the schedule Chillicothe has played this year they would need them to lol !

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:04 pm

The rockets should win fairly easily this week. Maybe not so much the next few.... Probably outta worry about burg and not chillicothe at this point thou cause jackson gonna need all the cheers they can get just to walk off the field after this

Jackson will not intimidated by Burg and win or lose Burg will know they was in a fight. That's why there is so much mutual respect between the programs. There are a lot of haters who are waiting for Jackson or burg to lose so they can say "told you so". It's all good.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Jackson will not intimidated by Burg and win or lose Burg will know they was in a fight. That's why there is so much mutual respect between the programs. There are a lot of haters who are waiting for Jackson or burg to lose so they can say "told you so". It's all good.
I know jackson will not be scared. And heck as far as it go's i would love to see jackson win. I just simply do not think they got the boys to do it. Good luck in your contest. If ya want i'll let ya buy me a mountain dew at the game and we will chit chat. Im not a bad dude a lil smart arse sometimes who simply puts on here what i think lool

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 pm
lol everyone needs playoff points and if Wheelersburg played half the schedule Chillicothe has played this year they would need them to lol !
Thats kinda what i was stating also chillicothes schedule has been brutal...

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

dontreply wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 pm Caint no body beat Jackson but the Ole mighty pie rats
In regular season play... you are probably right. For once being a smart*** has worked for you....

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Poo bear! We finally agree on something! Lol well said. Everyone wants the best of our area to lose.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Just busting your balls dude. Lol. Burg is working on the schedule. They add Hartley next year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:54 pm
dontreply wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 pm Caint no body beat Jackson but the Ole mighty pie rats
In regular season play... you are probably right. For once being a smart*** has worked for you....
:lol:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Just busting your balls dude. Lol. Burg is working on the schedule. They add Hartley next year.
That's the funniest thing ever said on here. When people talk about other teams schedule. Haha u can't just say hey we are going to play on this day. It takes mutual arrangements from both schools and time for other contracts to play out. Timing is key.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ya know since everyone wants to bring chilli into this topic let's squash it. Burg scrimmaged chilli this year and handled them fairly easy. In a real game burg would beat chilli. Probably with or close to a running clock. There is years that chilli would repay the favor.. however. How many points would chilli get for beating d5 burg as opposed to what burg would gain from beating d2 chilli... in sure burg would love to play chilli schedule.. y'all that are saying the dumb stuff. Are just haters that your program isn't as good as burg or Jacksons. Admit it. It's ok to root for other schools. Heck I root for all the soc2 schools when they aren't playing burg. I wish chilli the best in every game as well as Jackson. I mean, I was never fortunate enough to beat ironton while playing at burg but I still root for them when they aren't playing burg..

Return to “Football”