Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg 4-0 @ Jackson 4-0

Post by IronTough2 »

I think the biggest thing for the Ironmen will be blocking in space, second level blocks and limited(none at all) mistakes. Corners and backs will have to maintain their blocks because Burg swarms fast from the edges. If the Ironmen can do these and establish the clock it makes for a barn burner. I think our interior line will be able to do well. Defense cannot give up the big play, period. Going to be an electric atmosphere for sure and both teams will be amped for 4 quarters. Hoping for a hard hitting, injury free battle! Oh, and Go Ironmen!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IronTough2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 am I think the biggest thing for the Ironmen will be blocking in space, second level blocks and limited(none at all) mistakes. Corners and backs will have to maintain their blocks because Burg swarms fast from the edges. If the Ironmen can do these and establish the clock it makes for a barn burner. I think our interior line will be able to do well. Defense cannot give up the big play, period. Going to be an electric atmosphere for sure and both teams will be amped for 4 quarters. Hoping for a hard hitting, injury free battle! Oh, and Go Ironmen!!
If a corner blocks it's usually flagged for pass interference.

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 am
IronTough2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 am I think the biggest thing for the Ironmen will be blocking in space, second level blocks and limited(none at all) mistakes. Corners and backs will have to maintain their blocks because Burg swarms fast from the edges. If the Ironmen can do these and establish the clock it makes for a barn burner. I think our interior line will be able to do well. Defense cannot give up the big play, period. Going to be an electric atmosphere for sure and both teams will be amped for 4 quarters. Hoping for a hard hitting, injury free battle! Oh, and Go Ironmen!!
Great point. My apologies for the miscue. How about the wideouts and split ends need to block well in space. Thanks for the heads up.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: WK5 (4-0) Wheelersburg @ (4-0) Jackson

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Do not slow down we need 12 full pages for (p)irate

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Who are the running backs for Jackson? Who gets most of tha carries?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:02 pm Who are the running backs for Jackson? Who gets most of tha carries?
A typical Jackson by committee Running Back rotation.

McCoy will get the brunt of the work. Graham, Storms, Haller, Landrum and others will fill in the gaps.

McCoy is a senior and has seen meaningful time in the backfield forever lol it seems. Graham is a sophomore, Storms a senior, and Haller is the bruiser of the bunch and a junior.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IronTough2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 am
Great point. My apologies for the miscue. How about the wideouts and split ends need to block well in space. Thanks for the heads up.
:lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

doubleplay643 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:36 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:02 pm Who are the running backs for Jackson? Who gets most of tha carries?

McCoy will get the brunt of the work. Graham, Storms, Haller, Landrum and others will fill in the gaps.

McCoy is a senior and has seen meaningful time in the backfield forever lol it seems. Graham is a sophomore, Storms a senior, and Haller is the bruiser of the bunch and a junior.
So who are the speedsters out of that bunch?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:50 pm Do not slow down we need 12 full pages for (p)irate
Having some doubts now bud.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:47 pm

McCoy has the wheels.

Graham-Storms-Haller just prefer to run through people, although each of them in their own right are not slow by any means.

Evans and Ball will get some touches as well from the slot position or wide out spot.

I am not a track guy but I think McCoy, Ball and Evans are three-fourths of the 4x100 group that has set the Jackson school record or is close to setting it. But I am not 100% sure on that lol, but most of it is probably close to right.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

im still positive it can happen i will turn this thread into a jello thread if needed

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

doubleplay643 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:52 pm

McCoy has the wheels.

Graham-Storms-Haller just prefer to run through people, although each of them in their own right are not slow by any means.

Evans and Ball will get some touches as well from the slot position or wide out spot.

I am not a track guy but I think McCoy, Ball and Evans are three-fourths of the 4x100 group that has set the Jackson school record or is close to setting it. But I am not 100% sure on that lol, but most of it is probably close to right.
:lol: Who needs to be right? Sounds like they have some weapons. I can't wait to see this one play out.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

doubleplay643 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:52 pm

McCoy has the wheels.

McCoy Evans and Ball are all speedsters, they have the school record. These guys are 4.4 and 4.5 guys in the 40. The other guys are not slow by any means. The defense is fast at every position.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

They're going to have to be Friday night. Burg is fast and explosive. I want to see a break away and see if anybody can run one down. Lol. I love watching a kid chase someone down.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Lol is this mcCoys 5th year? Seems like he has been there forever.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 pm Lol is this mcCoys 5th year? Seems like he has been there forever.
Both McCoy and Carmichael it seems have both been around a lonnnnngggg time lol.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

So BurgGrad6 I know you think Burg rolls in this one, but let me play devil's advocate with you.

If Jackson was to win and Burg lose what do you think would have to happen in your mind?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

doubleplay643 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:07 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 pm Lol is this mcCoys 5th year? Seems like he has been there forever.
Both McCoy and Carmichael it seems have both been around a lonnnnngggg time lol.
McCoy has been playing from grade 9

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

:lol: :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Lol. 5th year senior.

Return to “Football”